Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 PM

18 posts, read 46,283 times

Advertisements

We had our first visit from the CenturyLink sales team yesterday regarding the new Gigabit internet offerings and PrismTV service. I have been with Cox for the entire 6+ years that I have lived in Omaha, and for years prior to that in other locations. I've never had any major technical issues with them but I'm getting frustrated at the ever-increasing monthly costs (despite no change in service).

I'm curious about CenturyLink but have no experience with them as a provider. The PrismTV service seems like a step up over the mediocre Cox cable box and you can't argue with 1Gbps streaming... But I haven't found a lot of positive opinions about CL online. The majority of opinions seem to be coming from Las Vegas and Florida though.

Anybody in Omaha using PrismTV and/or the Gigabit internet yet?

(As an aside - I just got a very blunt call from Cox, offering sizable discounts/equipment upgrades to keep me as a customer. They basically stated that they knew CenturyLink was coming to my area, and they wanted to make sure I would stay with Cox. Apparently CL is doing something right if Cox is THAT concerned.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 04:13 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
I am thinking of switching to Prism soon

but they dont air SCOLA (for some reason)

however, they do air Channel One Russia and Tv1Monde and TV Japan channels

Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,757,399 times
Heard nothing but bad things about century link.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:43 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
from who? Cox Cable?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
from who? Cox Cable?
I dont know anyone who works at Cox. I'm talking about friends who have used them in the past.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:16 AM

18 posts, read 46,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I wonder if CL has a problem in your area, though. The vast majority of the negative feedback on CenturyLink/PrismTV's Facebook page is coming from Las Vegas and various cities in Florida. I'm hoping some people in the Omaha area have experience with it to validate if the issues are confined to those two other locations.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
I wonder if CL has a problem in your area, though. The vast majority of the negative feedback on CenturyLink/PrismTV's Facebook page is coming from Las Vegas and various cities in Florida. I'm hoping some people in the Omaha area have experience with it to validate if the issues are confined to those two other locations.
The people i know are in Omaha.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM

262 posts, read 1,025,901 times
I'm holding off until I start hearing better reviews about the service. When I researched it a few months ago (on dslreports.com and other broadband-related sites), nobody seemed very happy with the service in other markets.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,881 times
Default cl prism

i have had prism for 2 weeks now. everything has been working great. im paying like 160ish for premium cable tv with hbo thats 3 recievers with the dvr and 100mb down 40mb up internet. the only issue i have had is that the fiber cable has not been buried in my yard yet. i think cox could do a better price but i was ready to give this a try and i might up my internet speed if i can convince my wife to ditch the tv service.

heres my internet results.
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Old 10-23-2013, 04:38 PM

325 posts, read 963,077 times
Am I correct that the Big 10 network is not being offered by Centurylink (Prism)? If it isn't, I can imagine the lack of interest it will generate in Omaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: