U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 PM

14,168 posts, read 20,431,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Why would anyone suggest that north O is a safe place to live and try to start a family?
I lived off 41st and Ames for over a decade, and the worst crime I ever experienced was my bike being stolen (and then returned less than a day later). That was in arguably one of the rougher parts of town.

Quote:
REMEMBER the guy that sniped the girl in the head with a deer rifle, as she was waiting in line at the taco bell drive thru. Non-gang shooting.
Isolated incident, much like the Millard and Westroad's shootings. Those can happen anywhere and, sad as they are, are an unfortunate fact of life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 03:16 PM

14,168 posts, read 20,431,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
The childish "nut uh" responses don't negate what he said, nor do they show any kind of trolling whatsoever. An opinion you disagree with is not trolling. Trolling is inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic.
Happy is a troll.

Textbook definition.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:09 PM

152 posts, read 201,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
The childish "nut uh" responses don't negate what he said, nor do they show any kind of trolling whatsoever. An opinion you disagree with is not trolling. Trolling is inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic.
Proving that somebody is lying and/or factually incorrect is not "childish" nor is it "nut uh."

I realize that you and HappyGoLucky are merely trolls that are here for no purpose other than to try to stir up trouble. But please, at least say things that are true and relevant.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 AM

737 posts, read 1,736,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old General View Post
You really should stop trolling the Omaha section. You're making a fool of yourself.

You should really stop all this name calling. Why do you hang on every word?

I don't care if I am making a fool out of myself, this is the internet this is not real.

Please stay on topic and not trying to force your opinions down everyone's throat.

OK back on topic...................................the Miller Park area is not good, I suggest any new possible relocated workers do not even look at the area.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 AM

737 posts, read 1,736,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I lived off 41st and Ames for over a decade, and the worst crime I ever experienced was my bike being stolen (and then returned less than a day later). That was in arguably one of the rougher parts of town.

Isolated incident, much like the Millard and Westroad's shootings. Those can happen anywhere and, sad as they are, are an unfortunate fact of life.

I worked on 60th and Ames Ave for 5 years. The worst thing that happened while I was there along with the broken glass bottles in the parking lot ( needed to be swept up) every day, the used condoms, needles, and vandalism/ graffiti .

Had to be the time they found two dead bodies in the back seat of a car in the Church parking lot over on 62nd and Ames.
The dead bodies were there for three days over the New Years Eve weekend and were frozen stiff. They had to put the car on a tow truck and defrost them. It was a drug hit or deal gone bad.

The quote I was referring to was that 100% of all shooting in No is drug related. Does not matter if it's drugs the fact of the matter is that it is an almost every night occurrence.

If you look at a map of the No the area 4 miles square roughly 95% of the all the shooting that happen in the state happen there. Heck I have friends that ranches and farmers bigger than that. We shoot rifles all day long thousands of rounds a year get fired off. The difference is we are not pointing the guns at each other.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
I worked on 60th and Ames Ave for 5 years. The worst thing that happened while I was there along with the broken glass bottles in the parking lot ( needed to be swept up) every day, the used condoms, needles, and vandalism/ graffiti .

Had to be the time they found two dead bodies in the back seat of a car in the Church parking lot over on 62nd and Ames.
The dead bodies were there for three days over the New Years Eve weekend and were frozen stiff. They had to put the car on a tow truck and defrost them. It was a drug hit or deal gone bad.

The quote I was referring to was that 100% of all shooting in No is drug related. Does not matter if it's drugs the fact of the matter is that it is an almost every night occurrence.

If you look at a map of the No the area 4 miles square roughly 95% of the all the shooting that happen in the state happen there. Heck I have friends that ranches and farmers bigger than that. We shoot rifles all day long thousands of rounds a year get fired off. The difference is we are not pointing the guns at each other.
You have a link for your story about the two bodies found in the car in the church parking lot? Or is that just another one of those stories you proudly admit to making up?

And you worked where on 60th & Ames? The Burger King? The now-closed Firestone store? Pizza Hut?

And do you realize that 60th & Ames is over 4 miles from Miller Park? Why are you comparing them to each other, as if they're the same neighborhood?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM

624 posts, read 1,163,174 times
What's that noise?

It sounds like someones beating something.

Oh my god its a horse.

OH MY GOD ITS ALREADY DEAD.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
What's that noise?

It sounds like someones beating something.

Oh my god its a horse.

OH MY GOD ITS ALREADY DEAD.
I really don't understand why somebody chooses to troll the forum of a city he supposedly hates - and to tell straight-up lies, make stuff up, then laugh because "this is just the internet." And I really don't understand why the moderators allow it.

Anyway, the truth is, Miller Park itself - though it has had some serious problem in the area - is now rapidly improving. Community involvement has become huge, and there's an extremely active neighborhood watch that has basically eliminated all criminal activity in the park. There's a new playground. It has a nice swimming pool and 3-par golf course. Occupant-owners have been buying houses all around the park, fixing them nicely, and living in them. Minne Lusa Blvd is coming to life again. White people who aren't scared of black people are experiencing the fact that we can all be good neighbors. It's great to see it!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand why somebody chooses to troll the forum of a city he supposedly hates - and to tell straight-up lies, make stuff up, then laugh because "this is just the internet." And I really don't understand why the moderators allow it.

Anyway, the truth is, Miller Park itself - though it has had some serious problem in the area - is now rapidly improving. Community involvement has become huge, and there's an extremely active neighborhood watch that has basically eliminated all criminal activity in the park. There's a new playground. It has a nice swimming pool and 3-par golf course. Occupant-owners have been buying houses all around the park, fixing them nicely, and living in them. Minne Lusa Blvd is coming to life again. White people who aren't scared of black people are experiencing the fact that we can all be good neighbors. It's great to see it!
I don't live anywhere near Miller Park but I've been to that neighborhood many times. Contrary to the assumptions most would make, the houses are not run down and the place offers high character and beauty.

Its just the people who watch the news and see all this negative stuff about north Omaha and assume that means its a forbidden place. The big truth that so many are unwilling to accept is yes, bad things happen in north Omaha. But that does not mean good things don't happen, and north Omaha isn't a bad place that is to be feared by the masses and avoided at all costs.

There are so many things offered in north Omaha like good food, good people, beautiful places, great community, walkability and great access to transit.

Sadly so many people won't be able to get past the fear instilled in them realize.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I understand your frustration with it, but that doesn't automatically disqualify some of the things Happygolucky says. Some of the things it says are merely opinions. Whether they honestly feel like those opinions are true or not, we can't prove.

The way "Happy" posts, the way I see it, he or she either has to be a straight troll and/or is incredibly sheltered, opinionated, narcissistic, and fearful. But I suppose he/she has that right, and the best thing would be to not reply to his/her posts unless they are valid and insightful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha