Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM

624 posts, read 1,305,010 times

Advertisements

Never did it or does it now cross my mind that MountainMen and Happygolucky are the same person. MountainMen actually has contributed to conversations in a constructive manner in the past whereas I don't remember Happygolucky ever doing the same.

Trolling isn't what keeps the forum back, its the constant bickering back and forth. In reality, a troll will be a troll whether you try to set it straight or not. Like I suggested before, its best not to reply to someone unless you think they've posted something valid and insightful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 04:07 PM

152 posts, read 243,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Never did it or does it now cross my mind that MountainMen and Happygolucky are the same person. MountainMen actually has contributed to conversations in a constructive manner in the past whereas I don't remember Happygolucky ever doing the same.

Trolling isn't what keeps the forum back, its the constant bickering back and forth. In reality, a troll will be a troll whether you try to set it straight or not. Like I suggested before, its best not to reply to someone unless you think they've posted something valid and insightful.
I don't know. I just spent a little time looking back through some old threads, on topics that interest me. I see a lot of members who used to be very active, and no longer are - even though they're still members, and seem to be active elsewhere.

Then I look at threads from the last 6 months, and I see two people (probably the same person using different names) trolling around and derailing every single one of them. It's like the naughty 5-year old in the room who won't shut up. Eventually it disrupts conversations to the point where they cease. And now there's very little discussion of any kind in the Omaha forum, which is too bad, because there are a lot of great things in Omaha to talk about.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 PM

737 posts, read 1,909,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old General View Post
Thank you for admitting you lied. And thank you for admitting you are nothing but a troll.

Now the only question is why the moderators allow you to continue this silliness. But that said, why don't you just grow up and actually contribute, rather than be an obnoxious troll? What does it do for you?

Police Seek Motive in Double Slaying Omaha Victims First of 1994
Date: January 4, 1994
Publication: Omaha World-Herald (NE)
Edition: Sunrise
Section: News Page: 9sf
A roommate who had been looking for James T. Burnett since Saturday night discovered the frozen bodies of the man and his girlfriend Monday inside a parked car eight blocks from where Burnett lived.
Police believe that someone killed Burnett, 21, of 4402 N. 53rd St., and Terri Lynn Hall, 19, of St. Paul, Minn.
Each suffered one or more gunshot wounds. Their bodies were found inside the red 1988 Nissan 200 SX that Burnett borrowed from a relative. They are the city's first homicide...

I like my steak medium rare with a baked potato on the side. Or you can tret me to the buffet.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Two Frozen Bodies Found in Parked Car
Date: January 3, 1994
Edition: Metro
Section: News Page: 1
The frozen bodies of a man and woman who apparently had been shot to death were found Monday in a car parked in a lot at 61st Street and Ames Avenue.
Omaha police spokesman Sgt. William Muldoon said the case was being investigated by the police homicide unit.
Muldoon said, however, that detectives had not determined whether the shootings were a double homicide, a murder - suicide or a double suicide.
"They will be processed as a homicide so we don't miss anything," Muldoon...

I hope this kind of thing does not happen in the Miller Park area.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Police Seek Motive in Double Slaying Omaha Victims First of 1994
Date: January 4, 1994
Edition: Sunrise
Section: News Page: 9sf
A roommate who had been looking for James T. Burnett since Saturday night discovered the frozen bodies of the man and his girlfriend Monday inside a parked car eight blocks from where Burnett lived.
Police believe that someone killed Burnett, 21, of 4402 N. 53rd St., and Terri Lynn Hall, 19, of St. Paul, Minn.
Each suffered one or more gunshot wounds. Their bodies were found inside the red 1988 Nissan 200 SX that Burnett borrowed from a relative. They are the city's first homicide...

I like my steak medium rare with a baked potato on the side. Or you can tret me to the buffet.
Thank you. Finally - FINALLY - you are able to show that SOMETHING you've said is true.

Now... Who did it?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Finally - FINALLY - you are able to show that SOMETHING you've said is true.

Now... Who did it?
I want my steak dinner.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I want my steak dinner.
I've got a gift certificate for Mr Cs Steakhouse. You're welcome to it.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,978,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
Becasue post-Nazy-Germany most of us understand that diversity of opinion is a good thing, even opinions that are not the same as yours.
Diversity of informed opinions is good.

Yours are not informed.

Quote:
Trolling is against the TOS on this forum - which is why I'm dumbfounded that you and HappyGoLucky are allowed to do what you do here, which is the ONLY thing you do here. You're both trolls. In fact, I think you are the same person, and I highly suspect that you're actually one of the moderators.
The problem is that there is really no way to prove they are trolling and not just uninformed. That is why people like you and I must be here to correct all the misinformation they spew.

Quote:
And yes, neighborhood associations - like our Minne Lusa one - are taking these neighborhoods away from the thugs. People are talking, and cooperating with the police. Little by little, this part of North Omaha is going to return to being full of beautiful historic neighborhoods.
Beautiful!

Quote:
I haved earned 15 rep points in the last month. someboby likes me up there.
Old General has about 25% of your rep with about 10% of the posts.

Pretty clear that the people here find him more valuable than you.

Quote:
by the way that was a true story about the two bodies found it happened in 1993 or 94. we've been putting up with too much crime up there for too long.
That happened 20 years ago.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:35 PM

624 posts, read 1,305,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Old General has about 25% of your rep with about 10% of the posts.
I guess people don't like buses...

All in good fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha