U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 2,714 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any good insight to golf courses in Omaha/Omaha area?

I haven't seen a thread addressing this..

I have played MILT's par 3 course: which is very cheap and I found laid back, a good place for my girlfriend to learn to golf.

I also have played Elmwood once: Elmwood was a fun course right in the middle of town. It has a lot of mature trees and is very hilly, really no extremely long holes (no par 5's if I remember correctly). Down side no driving range.

I am looking for courses that I must play, courses to avoid, courses w/ good food.
The goal is to pick a club to join next summer(Where should I become a member?) - Any sight to the pros and cons & perks and erks about courses around town would be great!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,078,548 times
I am not very good so I will only be able to give you some of the lower courses and my thoughts.

My go to is Spring Lake, like Elmwood it has no par 5s and is a city course. It has massive hills being close to the river and has surprisingly tricky greens for the type of course it is.

Benson is a a good full course, you get the length of a par 72 without some really tough hazards.

Pacific Springs out west is pretty nice, I haven't played there in a few years though.

My "top" course for my skill level and price point would be Shoreline in Carter Lake. You get some attractive lake views with the skyline looming over the course. The length there really hurts my game though.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:25 AM

486 posts, read 1,169,395 times
When I moved to Omaha in 2004 me and some of my workmates played at Tiburon every weekend, nice course, 27 holes, but very open and prone to wind problems. Plus, it was taking us 4 1/2 to 5 hours to play a round as the marshals did nothing but wave at you as they went by. They did nothing to speed up play.

We moved to Indian Creek in Elkhorn and never went anywhere else. Nice facility, GPS on the carts, 27 holes and the course has more trees and the wind does not seem to bother you as bad. It's a little pricy, we were paying $50 when I retired and moved in 2011. The only real problem I had with the course was, in my opinion, they maintained their rough too high. If you were not in the fairway, you had to look in 4-5 inch rough for your ball and it was tough to get the ball back in play, if you could find it.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 AM

122 posts, read 185,532 times
You must try Applewood's Johnny Goodman course....well maintained greens, very reasonable, friendly staff! Another......Willow Springs at Offutt, also well maintained and open to the public!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: