U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 05:10 PM

816 posts, read 1,414,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I agree with you here, though I would just like to point out that the days of 72nd Street being the urban/suburban divider are basically over, especially along the main corridors. 72nd Street, for instance, is still pretty urban out to about 90th Street.
Depends on what one considers urban I guess. I don't count sprawling single family housing as urban. That's suburban. Not much development has happened west of 72nd to change that in the last 30+ years. Houses are still widely spaced, and apartments still sit on large sprawling lots. The population density alone shows 72nd is still the primary divider (looking at the 2010 census).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 10:11 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
anyone want to bet this light rail wont run on sundays or on holidays

Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 AM

meanwhile , no non express bus service west of 102nd street will ever happen in Omaha

westroads is not the end of the city, Omaha Metro Transit

this BRT is window dressing for a impotent bus system runned by a guy named Curt who needs to go find another line of work

he has for many years ran Omaha Metro transit into the ground

Last edited by billiefan2000; 09-16-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
You have to start somewhere though, right?
nothing will change.

as long as Curt Simon and the other idiots at Metro are running things, nothing good will happen.

we need new ideas, not the establishment mentality. Establishment and elitist mentality is killing America.

OPS purged of the corrupt old guard of board members in 2010, 2012 and 2013,

it way over time for a overhaul at Metro Area Transit

Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Let's hope Jean Stothert doesn't do something stupid and try to kill this.
the fact Stothert and the City Council don't ride buses or will ever ride a BRT shows they will mess this up in someway.

Make the Mayor

and Festersen and the 6 underlings of Pete 's on the council take the bus service for a month, than make some changes for the good.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:49 PM

816 posts, read 1,414,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
the fact Stothert and the City Council don't ride buses or will ever ride a BRT shows they will mess this up in someway.

Make the Mayor

and Festersen and the 6 underlings of Pete 's on the council take the bus service for a month, than make some changes for the good.
I thought at least one did, at least some times. I recall someone here running into a council member while on the bus. Just wish I could recall who it was.

Ideally, yes they should take public transport.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:37 PM

906 posts, read 1,533,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Ideally, yes they should take public transport.
How so? I would say the opposite - ideally, nobody would take the bus. Public transportation is is slower, difficult to navigate, reduces your freedom, exposes you to bad weather, is inconvenient, clogs up traffic lanes, and is a drain on taxpayers.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:42 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,811,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
How so? I would say the opposite - ideally, nobody would take the bus. Public transportation is is slower, difficult to navigate, reduces your freedom, exposes you to bad weather, is inconvenient, clogs up traffic lanes, and is a drain on taxpayers.
The real drain on tax payers is maintaining roads from here to the Elkhorn River.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
The real drain on tax payers is maintaining roads from here to the Elkhorn River.
I agree

Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post

not everyone can afford a car to get to work or shopping or church or the movies u know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or