Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM

56 posts, read 95,998 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing ads for rentals with this company but you have to pay a 60.00 fee to get a list!? I am skeptical since we don't have those things here in Oregon. Is this a legit company?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 08:23 PM

22 posts, read 53,474 times
I bought the packet once, I can't say that I found anything worth renting. At least, not that I couldn't just find on craigslist. Which is actually where I found my apartment I live in now. I had friends that rented a place they found in there but had to move out because the owner of the property wasn't paying his taxes! :/

Also, the adds you see from rentkwik on craigslist, in the paper etc. arn't guaranteed to be in the packet you get. So I secretly think they make up sweet deals up to entice you to buy it.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:02 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,561,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom28sofar View Post
I keep seeing ads for rentals with this company but you have to pay a 60.00 fee to get a list!? I am skeptical since we don't have those things here in Oregon. Is this a legit company?

Thank you.
If you have to pay $60.00 - up front - to get their "list", it's almost certainly crap. They're charging you up front because they know that after you've seen what they have to offer, you would NEVER actually pay for it.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 14,437 times
We ended up signing up with them and yes, they basically what they do is take other companies rental lists and compile them within their database. They do have some landlords that exclusively list with them but for the most part you could get the lists free from various places. I hope this helps someone else.

By the way, we love it here! People are very friendly and although we didn't end up with a country property we think we will enjoy living in town for a while.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,231 times
Default They are ok to use

Over the last 10 years I've used them 4 times in which I found a home 3 times. If you need a home they do have many more than Craigs list and the paper but they do not deal as much with apartments. You can find some of the same homes in the paper and Craigs list but I have always found many more through them.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 5,181 times
If you are looing for a house or townhouse, I would deffinitly give rentkwik a try. If you are looking for an apt, then just stick to rent.com or the like.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:52 PM

148 posts, read 384,392 times
I used rentkwik recently and every number i called on the list either didn't answer, when i left a message no one returned the call and one person even hung up on me. I ended up finding a house to rent just by driving by. Honestly, i would save your money.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,310 times
Smile ok to use rent kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom28sofar View Post

Thank you.
This is the second time I have used rentkwik. One of the homes I rented I was in for almost 5 years, when I purchased the list the first time it was only $35 now if you purchase the list, yes you pay $60 but you Also get 4 months of Access to their website so when a new listing is posted you can find it on their site. It gives you more of a selection I think your chances of being scammed on craigslist are much greater. I hope this helps

Old 09-26-2013, 05:21 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,727,791 times
Yeah no. Rentkwik is a scam. We purchased it and the houses on the list were a) already rented or b) not even FOR rent!

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM

906 posts, read 1,803,083 times
Try padmapper.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: