Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 09:24 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times

Advertisements

How is cell service with T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T in Omaha? What are your data speeds like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
How is cell service with T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T in Omaha? What are your data speeds like?

My son lives right beside Omaha and has Verizon. No issues. Believe me with him being a tech orientated guy, if he had problems with data speeds I would have heard.

He used to live in Shenandoah and had AT & T. Coverage down there was poor. In Omaha it's probably fine, but if you drive south and east it might be problematic He had to walk outside of his building to talk on his cell phone.

I also have Verizon and the only time I lose connection when I'm down there is in the hills driving east on I-680 (north and east of Omaha) and it consistently occurs.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:23 AM

93 posts, read 95,906 times
TMobile is awful. I have family with TMobile in another state and when they visit it's a given that their phones will never work. It's been that way for at least 2 years.

I have verizon and rarely have problems.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:21 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,419,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Been a couple months since I've been in Omaha but my personal phone is on TMO and my work phone on Verizon. While I was in Omaha itself they were both fine, I stream music and video almost abusively so I've been with TMO for about 7yrs now. Mainly because even prior to the current everything unlimited (the only current plan) they never throttle speeds when you use it and don't care about tethering. I did drop from LTE to H+ (which is still 4g) as I was heading out on 80 but that was short lived, my Verizon work phone stayed on LTE but dropped signal strength pretty bad, nothing that would interupt normal service but data may have been affected.

If you REALLY use the crap out of your phone go with TMO, if you travel to weird rural places you may want AT&T or Verizon. I've never seen anybody happy with Sprint. Downside with the big two is they both still do contracts so getting stuck with them is a possibility.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:59 PM

147 posts, read 268,622 times
I had sprint here, and when I moved to east coast......from 2000 to 2011. First 4g phone sucked....then switched to Verizon and never looked back. So....I would say in Omaha Sprint then Verizon....as I use it when I come though. I have also heard great things about consumer cellular in the boonies. Soooooooo........

Old 12-05-2016, 09:24 AM

108 posts, read 284,474 times
Lived in Omaha until 2013, family's still there. I've also been back at least once a year since moving.

I also track developments with cell coverage and am a regular contributor/editor to cell mapping data on cellmapper.net, so have experience on this topic.

Verizon, AT&T and Sprint are all fine choices in Omaha. Avoid T-Mobile. They're adding more towers in Omaha, but even with that their network coverage will be no match for the other networks.

Here are the Omaha towers for AT&T. Bright green is the best signal:
https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=3...TECAOnly=false

Now check out T-Mobile:
https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=3...TECAOnly=false

I've had AT&T since 2007 and almost the entire extended family is on it too. No complaints around Omaha. AT&T is not very good in Lincoln though so if you go there, factor that in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha