U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 10,645 times

Advertisements

My husband is being located to Omaha Nebraska. We are looking for an upper middle class city to live in, we want a good private school to send our 6 year old to. We are looking to spend about $300,000 on a house. We want a SAFE community driven place to live. Can anyone please recommend a place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 03:41 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,637,968 times
Sounds like west Omaha or the Papillion/Bellevue/Sarpy County area will suit you best. $300,000 will buy you a really nice home in the Omaha metro. There are lots of good private schools in the metro, I am not as familar with the elementary level, but there are several on this site that can give you that info.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,542,642 times
Agree with previous post - lots of choices.

I really like Papillion, but that's just one of many options.

Any other criteria that might help give some direction?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM

17 posts, read 55,478 times
We are moving to Omaha too, with the same budget. I do not like the suburbs so we were looking in the Dundee area, which is beautiful. I just did a search for registered sex offenders, and there are a lot!!!
The other place we were looking was the Milliard district (they have two Montessori public schools).
For private schools we are considering St. Cecilia Elementary.
I hope it helps you in your search and if someone wants to correct me, please do so.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 AM

5 posts, read 21,733 times
Thinking about moving to Papillon - the new Shadow Lakes development looks nice.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,542,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharm View Post
Thinking about moving to Papillon - the new Shadow Lakes development looks nice.
Shadow Lake is a very nice development.... close to a regional dam site with a great outdoor amphitheatre, hooked up to the trail systems, nice outdoor shopping mall with a little main street for activities (like outdoor concerts every Fri night in the summer), close to good schools, I live in Papillion and love it.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 PM

148 posts, read 338,076 times
Papillion is a very great suburb to live in. It was voted 7 out of 12 best places to live in the United States. See link:

Best Places to Live 2007 - AOL Money & Finance
The community has really grown over the past year and is continuing to grow. Shadow Lake is the newest development. Papillion is also a great place to raise your kids! I have lived in Nebraska my whole life and I lived in Papillion for about 8 years and you feel very safe.

West Omaha is also considered upper to middle class as far as Omaha is concerned. But it is part of the city, not suburb.

The Dundee area, which is Mid-town, is also upper to middle class but that is considered more of a community inside the city which is probably what your not looking for. Very beautiful old brick houses though.

Hope this helps!!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,651,238 times
All suggestions are right on. I'd also consider the Elkhorn area.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,818,410 times
Default ..

Upperclass:

West Omaha
Dundee neighborhood
West Bellevue
Papillion
La Vista
Gretna
Elkhorn neighborhood
Millard district
Northwest Omaha leading up to Bennington
Skyline drive near Waterloo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or