Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
RW8 RW8 started this thread

3 posts, read 8,440 times

Advertisements

Anyone interested in reading a part in a new Asian American play? The script's written by a young Asian American woman playwright, and it covers the labor and identity struggles of the Japanese Hawaiian sugar cane workers. There are parts for 3 men in their early to mid-twenties, two women in their early to mid-twenties, and one man in his late forties or early fifties. This is a public reading, not a performance, so acting training or experience isn't required, though of course it'd be welcome.
If you're interested, add a post here, and I'll re-post the full play and contact information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,832 times
Default your play

I would love to read your play. Do you have an .doc version?

Feel free to email me at [email]sloniker@comcast.net[/email]

richard nguyen sloniker

Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 PM

Default Thanks for your reply.

Hi Richard,

I just sent you a note offline, through my own email. Good to hear from you! I hope you'll decide to audition for a part.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8 View Post
Hi Richard,

I just sent you a note offline, through my own email. Good to hear from you! I hope you'll decide to audition for a part.

What come of this Asian-American reading any news?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 AM

Default Hi SurfOmaha

Thanks for checking. Actually, we had one reading, but I'm trying to organize another and am hoping to find people who'd be interested in reading. There's no memorization involved, and there only would be one or two brief rehearsals. If you're interested, or you know people who would be, I hope you'll let me know. Basically, the characters are two Asian women in approximately their early to mid-twenties, two Asian men of the same age, and an Asian man of about 40 or older. The characters are Japanese American, but a generally Asian cast is perfectly acceptable, both with me and the playwright. At the last reading, we had two Japanese American, one Hmong, and one Filipino reader.
Hope to hear from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha