Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:47 PM

193 posts, read 656,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
I like the idea, I am afraid it would interfere with traffic.

How about a MONORAIL SYSTEM????

Think about it, it's up in the air, away from traffic, clean, fast, easy on the eye's, able to run most of the year if not all year, gives a great view of the city. It would really get people to notice Omaha,NE.

Street Cars are so old fashioned, and it could be expanded to west "O".
No way Omaha would get monorails-too expensive. Also, I think monorails would be a bit of an overkill with the size of the area that the street cars will cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 05:50 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Slape View Post
I personally am excited about this whole concept of streetcars returning to Omaha!

It would really bring everything together nicely to the Qwest Center, the new soon to be ball park, the old market, which is a great attraction and possibly run to the Zoo? GREAT!

If it runs back and forth between north O and the qwest center down to south O and Rosenblat, makes one wonder why fahey had to ram his stadium idea down our throats. I mean, if there are street cars going to the zoo...rosenblat is right there....

Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
If it runs back and forth between north O and the qwest center down to south O and Rosenblat, makes one wonder why fahey had to ram his stadium idea down our throats. I mean, if there are street cars going to the zoo...rosenblat is right there....

It's been talked about on eomahaforums.com several times, economic viability is the main reason going along with the ability to expand to 36,000 seats. Also many of the private donors made it possible to expand the CWS experience, give the stadium expandibility with major revved up stations inside, and give the land to the zoo amongst many other things FOR THE SAME PRICE!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
It will be decades before it runs to the zoo. The most serious plans are for the downtown area, with an EVENTUAL xpansion in to midtown. There are no serious plans to take it to the zoo. That was someone's suggestion on the board...not Fahey's proposal.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:21 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,246 times
Default ...

YEAH! 2/2 baby! Yeah, I bet kdbrich is being swayed back to supporting Fahey again!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:11 PM

482 posts, read 1,331,720 times
I think that it should run down 24th way before 13th. It would be great if this thing would run to where people and businesses are instead of tourist attractions and stadiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: