U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:42 PM

86,886 posts, read 102,301,239 times

Advertisements

I have heard the Oklahoma fans are pretty bad, too. I do think it should stay with the adults, and not involve kids on either side.

Quote:
However, those who came after him were not exactly beacons of moral fiber.
LOL! My nephew went to CU and my brother (his father) sent me an e-mail during the sex scandal that said "What does one have to DO to get fired as CU coach?" We found out. One has to lose games.

I do think it's whiny to complain if you get a traffic ticket that you're being discriminated against because you're from Nebraska. H***, the Boulder police are not exactly known for their competency. Take it for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 05:26 PM

709 posts, read 1,920,162 times
Why not continue the CU/NU discussion in the SPORTS forum.

*** ROLL TIDE ***

Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 PM

86,886 posts, read 102,301,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
Why not continue the CU/NU discussion in the SPORTS forum.

*** ROLL TIDE ***
I agree. I tend to get caught up in these things. Really, the OP's point was that some (not all) NU fans are a little too loyal. I think most of us can agree on that. As for CU, well, I have two daughters there. They do not behave like that, though.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:30 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,072,292 times
How is it possible to be TOO LOYAL of an NU fan?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:53 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,689,603 times
Exactly, its not

this post was too short, blah blah blah blah

Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM

29 posts, read 60,234 times
This is kind of an opposite post from the original post in the thread, as I grew up in Papillion but left in 2004. I live in the Phoenix area now and I have to say that red light running doesn't happen here, but only because every single intersection has a red light camera on it. There are cameras EVERYWHERE to catch people speeding on city streets, freeways, intersections... anywhere. It makes me long for the days when I could go 75 miles an hour on 370 and not get caught.

Another thing I have to mention is how courteous drivers are in Omaha. I've spent time in a lot of cities -- Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, New York -- and you'll be hard-pressed to find another place where people will not only make room for you to merge into traffic, but will also acknowledge a "thank you" wave. I'll admit it, living in Phoenix has made me drive like a jerk, and every time I go home it takes a second to flip the "nice" switch back on and not try to bully my way into traffic out of habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or