U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM

9 posts, read 25,224 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry. I wasn't referring to your post on monsoons when I made that statement. I was more meaning the locals out here and how everyone makes a big deal about how bad the rainstorms are when they are really just thunderstorms. You are totally right about the combo of humidity and heat during late July and August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM

475 posts, read 2,037,332 times
Yeah, I know what you mean... I was visiting my parents and witnessed this first hand on afternoon in December (I guess it was an unusual time for this type of weather as well)... when there was actually a thunderstorm which came through and appeared to produce a wall cloud... all the news helicopters were following it along... breaking into tv programs... seemingly hoping for something to drop out of it.

I'm sure it must be pretty rough to be a meteorologist in the valley.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 PM

9 posts, read 25,224 times
Yeah! I am sure it gets boring. There are over 300 days of sunshine a year here, so the odds are that the forecast will be for sun! Although, lately it has been overcast and scattered showers!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJEEP53 View Post
Omaha's weather does get cold in the winter, but doesn't last for all that long. Our weather is changing, just as it is throughout the country - so, it's a bit hard to say if we'll have a snowy winter, or not - sometimes we have one or two snow showers, other years it's been snowy off and on over a period of 2 months. However, whether Omaha, or Phoenix - there are other things to consider - we obviously have less crime than a larger city like Phoenix has. Just adding that bit of detail as it seems it would be important for anyone.

I am a native of Omaha and was transferred to Denver for 5 years - the weather there is much nicer and less snowy than Omaha, but I chose to come back because the quality of life is so much more positive in Omaha.

There are many more things to share if you're interested - Omaha, in my opinion, is one of the greatest kep secrets. If your interested, I'd love to share more detail than just how the weather is here.

Best of luck!
i am moving to omaha in the next several weeks. can you tell me a good area to live that isn't too expensive, i will be renting a house. also anything else you have to add would be great

Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,291,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Yeah, heat is not a problem in Pheonix, and something to do with lack of humidity that makes women mold into a better body...
I also heard that the influx of 65+ retirees that flock to pheonix have really created an on-going party down there in pheonix!!
Its PhOEnix.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,690,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srowley1963 View Post
i am moving to omaha in the next several weeks. can you tell me a good area to live that isn't too expensive, i will be renting a house. also anything else you have to add would be great
Well, what are you looking for in rents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or