Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:43 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times

Advertisements

In Omaha:

My favorite is Lo Sole Mio's. They won't take reservations but the food is awesome! Some of the best Italian food that I've ever had and it's a great celebration or date place. Try the lasagna! Spaghetti Works is a good place if you're looking for something a little cheaper.

For a good burger, try Tanner's. This one is a recent discovery and I think it's a chain but I don't know that I've ever had a better hamburger. It's a sports bar but with a different feel to it.

I don't eat Chinese food often but I really like Hong Kong Cafe if you're looking for cheap, drive-thru food. If you want something a little nicer, you can try P.F. Chang's -- again, this is a chain but the food is good.

Mexican food is a tough choice for me because I LOVE pretty much all Mexican food. I'd say my favorite is Fernando's (the nacho's are awesome)! Another really good place is El Bee's. There's a HUGE selection in South Omaha as well that are supposed to be pretty good.

As far as pizza goes, I'd say Mama's, Big Fred's and Zio's. You can't go wrong with any of those three,

Brother Sebastian's is a great place for a date or special occassion and they have excellent steaks. I'm not real big into the big, old steakhouses in downtown Omaha.

If you're looking for fast food, Culver's is a good place for a burger (they have a pretty good selection of food other than burgers) and it doesn't taste like a McDonald's or other type of fast food burger.

The Scarlett and Cream Letter Club is an excellent sports bar in West Omaha (in Village Point). The prices are a tad high for a sports bar but it's worth it.

In Fremont, I really enjoy Whiskey Creek Steakhouse. In Lincoln, try Lazlo's.

Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 10,233 times
Default Hollywood Diner is a DIVE!!

The Hollywood Diner is one of the worst restrurants we've eated at!!!! When the food was served it was cold, the fries were overcooked. When you place your order you expect to get your whole order, not parts of it! Talking to a manager is like talking to a brickwall. Uncaring and just wants you out the door.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 10,233 times
Default Excellent restrurants

French Cafe in Old Market- FANTASTIC the Peppersteak with the peppercorn sauce is superb. Expensive but worth the money for special occassions

Jaipurs in Rockbrook, Has excellent Indian style cooking. You can either order spicy or non-spicy foods. Chicken Tikki-naan, Lamb curry, to include they soups are great. Good prices also!

Jack and Marys is another really good restrurant off of 114th and Dodge. The 2 or 3 piece chicken dinner is very goog. Prices have increased over the last several years. Still worth the money.

When the Olive Garden has it's all you can eat. It's just as good.

M's Pub in Old Market is also another wonderful place to eat.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:17 PM

303 posts, read 980,239 times
You have to try Trini's Mexican Food in the old market. The food and service is great. The atmosphere is nice and the prices very reasonable too.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
I'd have to say I was disappointed with Trini's service both times I have been there. Both were recently. The food was fine but for as small as that place is there is no reason it should have taken so long to get a drink refill.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I'd have to say I was disappointed with Trini's service both times I have been there. Both were recently. The food was fine but for as small as that place is there is no reason it should have taken so long to get a drink refill.
I think I heard they were for sale - wonder if that has anything to do with the recent experience???

Old 04-22-2008, 10:00 AM

31 posts, read 144,899 times
I tell you what, there is certainly no shortage of places to eat in this town, in fact some days it seems like the ONLY thing to do Anyway, as far as my favorites go...

Pizza-Big Freds (120th and Pacific area)
Mexican-El Azteca (I-80 and Hwy 50 area)
Chinese-House of Hunan (132nd and Center)
Thai-Bangkok Cuisine (19th and Farnam)
Vietnamese-Vietnamese Asian Restaurant (Yes that's the actual name,72nd between Dodge and Pacific)
Japanese/Sushi-Sakura Bana (74th and Dodge)
Cajun/Creole-Mother's (14th and Saddlecreek)
Steakhouse-Anthony's (72nd and F)
Sandwich Shop-Jimmy John's (Yes, I know its a chain, but I swear they put crack in their bread! Various locations)
Italian-Sorry, but as an Italian who grew up in Brooklyn, none of the local places are up to my, admittedly ridiculous, high standards. If I have to do Italian, I go with Lo Sole Mio or Carraba's.
"Bar" Food-Either Millard Roadhouse (132nd and Millard Avenue), or The Rusty Nail (144th and Pacific).
Vegetarian-About the only place in town that is considered a "vegetarian" restaurant is McFoster's, but I was NOT impressed. You're better off going to one of the Asian restaurants.
Coffee-Crane Coffee (A local chain with various locations)

Old 04-22-2008, 05:50 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
I just ate at this local Vietnamese Place the other night and I completely loved it. Its in West Omaha in Lakeside, the Tivoli strip mall.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:56 AM

475 posts, read 2,234,004 times
Tivoli is a veritable revolving door of restaurants. This place must have just opened recently, as I live a couple of blocks from here and haven't noticed it yet. I'll take a guess it's in the former Aunt Emma's restaurant location (which was originally the Cheeburger-Cheeburger).

Will have to check it out.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM

226 posts, read 1,007,778 times
la mesa for mexican the one in papillion is nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha