U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,459,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCiEtY's ReBel View Post
I think there is another Moe's down in Bellevue, you should try Chipotle and Pancheros tho they are really good too.
there is a Moe's in Bellevue down at

3905 Twin Creek Dr (near HWY 370) in Bellevue

it is near Burger King and Target and Bakers and Subway

and to the south of Twin Creek Movie Theatres down in Bellevue

also in Bellevue Nebraska

Vidlak's Family Cafe is a great place to eat at

MySpace.com - Vidlak's Family Cafe 36th and hwy 370 - 38 - Male - BELLEVUE, Nebraska - www.myspace.com/vidlaksfamilycafe

and:

Myspace.com Blogs - Our Menu - Vidlak's Family Cafe 36th and hwy 370 MySpace Blog

has info on them.

they are located at HWY 370 and 36th Street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 11:32 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,655,861 times
I just visited the area for the first time and I LOVED Gorat's in Omaha and in Bellevue, Amarillo BBQ!!!!! (And both their signs!)

Omaha - that is one clean, prosperous city you've got there. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:09 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,813,005 times
Default ...

that's something you can say for cities in the Great Plains, especially Omaha, Lincoln, Oklahoma City, Des Moines, Sioux Falls and (even though central and eastern texas actually is mainly part of the plaines, I consider Texas a different type of state because they have different circumstances that give them a different type of economy and such than the GP states)..

As I was going to say before I got off topic was that the GP cities usually have the higher standard of living cities especially the ones noted above.
Even though EVERY city has its problems, the GP states have cities that have less density of problems and crime, and higher education levels and standard of living per capita (purchasing power).

Thank you for the compliment, btw. And hope for your safe return!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM

went to Alpine Inn at 10405 Calhoun Road in the Ponca Hills area last night

best shrimp and fries in town is all I gotta say

Old 05-06-2008, 05:51 PM

say has anyone ever been to a place called

Surfside Club at 14445 North River Drive in the Ponca Hills area of Omaha

several people keep telling me it is a good place to eat at

Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 AM

12 posts, read 48,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
went to Alpine Inn at 10405 Calhoun Road in the Ponca Hills area last night

best shrimp and fries in town is all I gotta say
Great chicken at the Alpine too! Haven't been there in years. Do they still feed the racoons the chicken bones on the tree stand outside the picture windows?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:55 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesker View Post
Great chicken at the Alpine too! Haven't been there in years. Do they still feed the racoons the chicken bones on the tree stand outside the picture windows?
Been a couple of years since I've been there, but they were still doing it when I was there last.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM

226 posts, read 916,358 times
ok so here goes my list...

Chinese food - Ta Chan Buffet on 72nd and i wanna say Pacific (its across from the Mart next to Schlosky's)

Mexican food (quick) - Alvarados drive thru on like 20th + Broadway in Council Bluffs

Mexican food (nice) - La Mesa in Papillion (across from Target)

Sub Sandwich (Best) - Blimpie's on E. Broadway in Council Bluffs (way down there by the churches)

Sub Sandwhich (In a hurry) - Little King on 29th + Farnam

Pizza (nice) - Valentino's Buffet on 108th

Pizza (cheap) - Cici's Pizza on Saddle Creek (Ok i know its for kids but they have a mean salad bar and its like $4 for all you can eat!

Fried Chicken - Time Out Chicken on N. 30th

Buffalo wings - Used to be the WingStop on N. 30th but they closed down, the one on 119 & Blondo sucks and is way out of the way... So the best wings in Omaha were the ones I made at home with Otts Wing Sauce - Ott's Foods-Famous Salad Dressings that is until I moved cause now those wings aren't in Omaha anymore!

Babeque - Famous Daves in Old Market (I know its a chain but its good, way better than Amarillos down in Bellevue that everyone told me was so good)

Steak - Ok I haven't eaten at many steak houses in Omaha because steaks aren't usually my cup of tea but I really enjoyed Johnny's Italian Steak House on 168th & W. Dodge Rd.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesker View Post
yes they do

Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Cici's Pizza on Saddle Creek is great

It is the only Cici's I ever go to, since the one near Menards and Omaha Burke High

at 114th and Dodge closed about a year ago.

as is the Valentinos near 132nd and Center (plan to go that one tommorow for Mothers Day)

(it is a yearly tradition me and my mom have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or