Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times

Advertisements

Don't mean to post in a less than optimal location, but I want everyone here to be sure you are registered, and will be voting this November or earlier. I've already voted, and hope you will too.

WARNING! PARTISAN MESSAGE APPROACHING!!!

I voted Obama! Hope you will assist in turning Nebraska Purple for the first time ever! If you don't want to, PM me if you want a discussion. I can hold my own in an Obama v. McCain arguement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 AM

536 posts, read 2,153,663 times
I'll be voting, even though I live in Oregon now. We are one of the few states with mail in ballots. Obama all the way here!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
I'm not a McCain fan by any stretch, but what exactly has obama done that makes you think he'd be a good prez?

Old 10-04-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm not a McCain fan by any stretch, but what exactly has obama done that makes you think he'd be a good prez?
thank you for asking..

The following reasons are why I will be voting for Obama...

WAR: Obama from the start said that the Iraq war would be a distraction from fighting Al Quieda in Afghanistan, and he has been right. He would allow the Iraqis to take over command on their own country and would refocus our troops efforts where they are strongly needed, in the hills of Afghanistan and Pakistan. As a result, we would be fighting for our country again rather than using american lives fighting for a country that didn't ask for our help, and in fact supports us leaving now.

HEALTHCARE: Obama will work to lower the cost of healthcare, and as a result will make it more achieveable to those who need itbut find it just out of reach. This isn't a handout because it will still cost money, it will just cost less, allowing the millions of americans without health coverage to afford it easier. It would also mandate health coverage for CHILDREN. I think we can all agree, all children should be granted health coverage reguardless of their parents.

FOREIGN POLICY: Obama plans to meet not only with our friends but with our enemies. He wants to end the Bush "silent treatment" that has gotten our country nowhere but into the hole. This way we may be able to avoid war with words, and I think that deserves a shot. Obama is also strongly favored world-over as our next president, and that would mean better cooperation with our allies should we need them.

ECONOMY: Obama time and time again pushed for stronger regulation on Wall Street to avoid the catastrophy that our country has now fallen into. His tax plans help the middle class, so that 95% of working families will get $1000 in tax breaks or better, and if you make $250,000 or less, you'd not see a penny of new taxes out of Obama. Despite all these savings, he'd raise the national debt less than his competitor. Warren Buffet, the richest man in the world endorsed Obama for president because he thought the current tax plan was unfairly benefiting the wealthy.

These are just some of the great things about him. Notice I never needed to say "McCain" once. If I had, I would have a whole new list of points to give to you, but I think it shows strength in a candidate, when you can prop up your stance on the issues without bringing someone else down.
If you have anything else you want to question, please feel free...

Obama/Biden '08

Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM

that's a lot of theory...but no real answers on HOW he's going to do it....and he has no experience whatsoever that leads me to believe that he CAN do it.

Hillary was supposed to universalize health care in the 1990's...she didn't. What makes you think obama will have any more success getting any of his ideas through?

Obama has voted democrat 96% of the time. He's a democrat first and foremost. You might as well be electing Nancy Pelosi.

If you like the policies of the democrat controlled congress (lower approval rating than Bush, btw), go for it.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
that's a lot of theory...but no real answers on HOW he's going to do it....and he has no experience whatsoever that leads me to believe that he CAN do it.

Hillary was supposed to universalize health care in the 1990's...she didn't. What makes you think obama will have any more success getting any of his ideas through?

Obama has voted democrat 96% of the time. He's a democrat first and foremost. You might as well be electing Nancy Pelosi.

If you like the policies of the democrat controlled congress (lower approval rating than Bush, btw), go for it.
And McCain, who has been in Congress 26 years is going to make things better all of a sudden that he feels like it? I don't buy that. I'd rather give Obama a chance than accept a man who has not broken stride with our current president on any major issues.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM

Like I said...I'm not a McCain fanboy by any stretch. McCain has been a RINO for years--and is only now suggesting that he's conservative.

My point is that obama is just really more of the same. He's going to toe the democrat line. If you want more of that...then fine--vote democrat. You have the right to vote, and I suggest using it. But all this talk about him as if he's some kind of Messiah is getting old.

I'm still waiting for the "first 100 hours of change" or whatever that pelosi said we'd have when she took over as Speaker.

Last edited by kdbrich; 10-04-2008 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Like I said...I'm not a McCain fanboy by any stretch. McCain has been a RINO for years--and is only now suggesting that he's conservative.

My point is that obama is just really more of the same. He's going to toe the democrat line. If you want more of that...then fine--vote democrat. You have the right to vote, and I suggest using it. But all this talk about him as if he's some kind of Messiah is getting old.

I'm still waiting for the "first 100 hours of change" or whatever that pelosi said we'd have when she took over as Speaker.

I can't stand Pelosi, and I certainly don't think Obama is the messiah, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't just another democrat either. I think he has good ideas, and I'd like to see them implemented. Simple as that.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I can't stand Pelosi, and I certainly don't think Obama is the messiah, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't just another democrat either. I think he has good ideas, and I'd like to see them implemented. Simple as that.

Based on what, exactly? He's voted with the democrats 96% of the time. Again--you've got the right to vote for whoever you want...that's what makes this country great...but honestly....he's a democrat through and through.

Last edited by kdbrich; 10-05-2008 at 10:55 AM..

Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Based on what, exactly? He's voted with the democrats 96% of the time. Again--you've got the right to vote for whoever you want...that's what makes this country great...but honestly....he's a democrat through and through.
It's not about how he votes but how he conducts himself that sets him apart. The way he speaks, the way he treats other people... The way he has inspired a huge percentage of the population to stand up and give a damn about the political process. It all just puts him one step above the Kerrys and Clintons in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: