U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for in this Election?
Obama (Turn Nebraska Purple) 31 59.62%
McCain (A Red Nebraska is a good Nebraska) 19 36.54%
Undecided 0 0%
Other (3rd Party, write in) 1 1.92%
not voting 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,813,287 times

Advertisements

I see your point kdbrich..

However I want to point out there were two other major crashes since Bush took over that the dems have no chance of being blamed for..

Let's just face it fellas, our government has failed us since Nixon or before and it is still getting worse..

The best we can do as a society is to get EVERYBODY to vote which will squash most/all special interest groups from playing a big part in our government...

That's all folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:12 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,072,292 times
Why not put all of your comments on one post? You can go back and edit it to add stuff if you want.

Anyway...to answer your questions:

I believe education is up to the states. I don't have any idea what is best for a kid in Idaho, nor do I pretend to be able to make laws regarding said child's education. It's not the federal government's responsibility. I don't have a problem with giving funding to the states to help. I have never said that Bush was right on every issue--but the question at hand is regarding the economy. Not "No Child Left Behind".

As for Chuck Hagel? He got elected and moved to Virginia. He has no idea what Nebraskans really want or believe. He has been trying to make a name for himself for years by going against the party. He's not a true conservative.

And lastly about Al Aqaeda backing McCain? Lol...do you honestly think al qaeda wants the president that will continue to fight them? Or the one that's going to raise the white flag and retreat? In any event, isn't it obama that is endorsed by castro and gadhafi? Recently a gallup poll shows him favored by several key muslim countries.

Again...bottom line is that if you vote for the empty suit of obama you're getting someone that will do whatever pelosi and reid want. I don't want that kind of a prez.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM

240 posts, read 446,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Why not put all of your comments on one post? You can go back and edit it to add stuff if you want.

Anyway...to answer your questions:

I believe education is up to the states. I don't have any idea what is best for a kid in Idaho, nor do I pretend to be able to make laws regarding said child's education. It's not the federal government's responsibility. I don't have a problem with giving funding to the states to help. I have never said that Bush was right on every issue--but the question at hand is regarding the economy. Not "No Child Left Behind".

As for Chuck Hagel? He got elected and moved to Virginia. He has no idea what Nebraskans really want or believe. He has been trying to make a name for himself for years by going against the party. He's not a true conservative.

And lastly about Al Aqaeda backing McCain? Lol...do you honestly think al qaeda wants the president that will continue to fight them? Or the one that's going to raise the white flag and retreat? In any event, isn't it obama that is endorsed by castro and gadhafi? Recently a gallup poll shows him favored by several key muslim countries.

Again...bottom line is that if you vote for the empty suit of obama you're getting someone that will do whatever pelosi and reid want. I don't want that kind of a prez.

You want the kind of president who wants a speedy withdraw from Iraq and is against the Federal Defense of Marriage Act,

Not Obama...Bob Barr

Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM

All of your talk about "retreat" and "surrender" in Iraq and you are backing a canidate (Bob Barr) who wants out of Iraq even faster than Obama ?? I don't get it.

Also, did you take real action and enlist for the armed services after the Iraq invasion?

If so, how do you feel the administration treated you as a veteran ?

If not, why ?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:18 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,193,001 times
I'm so sick of all of this "retreat" and cowardice rhetoric.

Who the hell are we even fighting?

We're not fighting a country where we know the enemy like in WW2. We're fighting small radical groups that are always going to be around. There is no real way to out right win.

The US doesn't need to enforce it's way of living on the rest of the world. We'd raise hell if some other country came over here, ousted our government and tried to set up a new one.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I'm so sick of all of this "retreat" and cowardice rhetoric.

Who the hell are we even fighting?

We're not fighting a country where we know the enemy like in WW2. We're fighting small radical groups that are always going to be around. There is no real way to out right win.

The US doesn't need to enforce it's way of living on the rest of the world. We'd raise hell if some other country came over here, ousted our government and tried to set up a new one.
or the people spewing this rhetoric and who are constantly saying we shouldn't "retreat" yet have never been in the armed forces themselves.

it is really easy to say other people should continue an endless war.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM

I have an uncle over there on his 2nd tour and could face a 3rd. I would love to have him back over. We've talked about politics and the war. He knows what he signed up for and is fine with it. I'm not down on the army. I'm down on our reasons why we're there.

I used to think we had a valid reason and even voted for Bush on his 2nd term, but in light of everything that has come up about the war and how we were lied to, I think we should pull out of Iraq and end this whole "war on terror".

I don't think I'd stand for McCain's "100 year" occupation for something based on this countries horrible lapse in judgement.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,072,292 times
I'm sorry...but running away before the job is done is retreat. Call it what you want...but we made a mess in Iraq--we need to stick around and finish the job.

I'm not saying we need to stay for 100 years...but our name is bad enough in that area of the world--if we run away and abandon a country that we screwed up to start with, we're even worse off.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,046,953 times
As far as Iraq goes, if you don't trust Collin Powell, and your don't trust our active forces (who have given to the Obama campaign nearly 6 to 1), but you do trust the judgement of Al Quieda... says a lot doesn't it?

I'm kidding about the al quieda thing, I couldn't care less whom they support.

OBAMA!!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm sorry...but running away before the job is done is retreat. Call it what you want...but we made a mess in Iraq--we need to stick around and finish the job.

I'm not saying we need to stay for 100 years...but our name is bad enough in that area of the world--if we run away and abandon a country that we screwed up to start with, we're even worse off.

I agree we have to leave with some sort of rebuilding effort since we messed everything up over there but we need to stop this large scale warfare for small groups of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha