U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 AM

605 posts, read 1,058,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
A little advice to militant Gays: If you want everyone in society to APPROVE of your lifestyle choice it ain't going to happen. I could give a hoot in hell what you and your partner do in the privacy of your home but I don't want to know about it. That applies to both gays and straights. A Civil Union contract recognized by the State is a heckuva improvement over the situation 40 or 50 years ago where to be openly gay was dangerous. All your marches and protests are not helping your cause. If you insist on being a pain in the butt (no pun intended) you are wasting your time.

GL2
Well here's a clue for you. Nebraska does not recognize same sex marriage or same sex civil unions or same sex domestic partnerships. I'm thinking NO IMPROVEMENT! Are you thinking at all?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 AM

71,724 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
If the shoe fits that's what we are going to call you. Get over it, get educated already.
you are the one that needs to get educated.. I do not know if you are straight or gay, it really doesn't make much diffeence but you certainly are hostile which leads me to believe you are basically very unhappy..

Nita

Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
boy are you on a roll, do you have an answer for everyone who differs from you? Did it dawn on you there is a reason the proposition went down in defeat and similar ones do all over the country every election??? I think it is time you let this die, and get over it, instead of suggesting we all do...

There will be an election again in two years, now let it go til then. By carrying on the way you do all you are is bringing the negative side of your fight to the surface..

Did it ever occur to you, not all gays march or protest and not all even feel the way you do???

NIta
Like I previously mentioned this Prop 8 vote has reignited the gay movement, galvanized the unity of homosexuals around the world. Thank the mormon and anyone else who voted for prop 8 for all the gay you are going to be hearing about!!! YOU and PEOPLE like YOU will be hearing a lot from us!!!!! Get used to it. We are gonna be out there protesting. Your children are going to know that gays and lesbians exist and are fighting for the same rights their straight parents enjoy. But none of this would be happening if you just let us have the same rights to begin with that you have!!!!!

I'm quite aware that alot of gays don't march or protest. That's their loss, their laziness. The black community marched, protested, they even rioted and burned things down, and they now have equal rights. All we have done was protest peacefully, and get our word out there. That will never stop. Apparently all we have to do is peacefully protest and thats enough for people to feel threatened. Just look at this thread.

Last edited by SurfOmaha; 11-17-2008 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: additional comments

Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
you are the one that needs to get educated.. I do not know if you are straight or gay, it really doesn't make much diffeence but you certainly are hostile which leads me to believe you are basically very unhappy..

Nita
I should be unhappy, I'm missing certain inalienable human rights. What part of that do you not get?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,814,435 times
Default ...

There are just too many christians that believe that they have the right to enforce their doctrines on everybody's life..

Some believe so heavily in their belief system, that they try to force everybody else to do the same thing, like stalin, gorvachav etc..

Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,206,142 times
Quote:
My argument over and over; they can have any legal rights they want by seeing a lawyer and this is the way it should be for anyone co-habitating regardless of the couple, but that is where I want it to stop and I can guarantee you, my gay friends and associates would not think of me as being a bigot. My gay friends do not protest or march either.

Nita
Lol, so gays get to pay upwards of $500/hr for a lawyer to gain them the same basic rights as the rest of us?

I agree with Todd, the marriage part should be up to the church. The government, however, should afford civil union status much more readily without a couple having to fight through the court system.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 AM

71,724 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Like I previously mentioned this Prop 8 vote has reignited the gay movement, galvanized the unity of homosexuals around the world. Thank the mormon and anyone else who voted for prop 8 for all the gay you are going to be hearing about!!! YOU and PEOPLE like YOU will be hearing a lot from us!!!!! Get used to it. We are gonna be out there protesting. Your children are going to know that gays and lesbians exist and are fighting for the same rights their straight parents enjoy. But none of this would be happening if you just let us have the same rights to begin with that you have!!!!!

I'm quite aware that alot of gays don't march or protest. That's their loss, their laziness. The black community marched, protested, they even rioted and burned things down, and they now have equal rights. All we have done was protest peacefully, and get our word out there. That will never stop. Apparently all we have to do is peacefully protest and thats enough for people to feel threatened. Just look at this thread.
The gays I know that do not march or protest are far from lazy, they are all very successful business people who find other ways to enjoy their weekends. and have class. Great to point out what the blacks did, burning down buildings, looting during riots, that is really something to be proud of, how totally sad that is...I really don't think that is how they got their rights and it certainly wasn't what Martin Luther King Jr preached..No, not all of your protests have been peaceful, ripping signs out of little old lady's hands is really peaceful or did you not see that last week?? Are you seeing only what you want to see??

Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM

240 posts, read 446,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
they already have the right. They can go to a lawyer and get a contract drawn up that would give them the same status of inheritance, etc.

Look...I'm not going to start quoting a lot of Bible verses...I doubt that most of the gay people reading this board care--they've heard 'em all before, and they have justified it in their mind.

I'm just sick of being told that we are bigots if we don't believe that gay is healthy and natural. I'm not going to call anyone names, and I'm not going to get worked up in a tizzie about it...but we're just getting sick of it. And when the voters do vote, it apparently doesn't matter--because the courts will find a way to overrule them.

i think someone mentioned earlier that the majority vote is really a bad argument because part of the reason for the constitution is to protect minority groups of people.

i.e., most majority groups will never vote to give others more

i would guess that those arguing against gay marriage simply don't believe that you are born that way.

am i right ? because if you do believe people are born this way, and still want to deny them rights, then you really are pretty cruel.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Lol, so gays get to pay upwards of $500/hr for a lawyer to gain them the same basic rights as the rest of us?

I agree with Todd, the marriage part should be up to the church. The government, however, should afford civil union status much more readily without a couple having to fight through the court system.
Unfortunately Civil Unions are not marriages. It becomes to easy for people like nita and kdrich to take the benefits of marriage away from those with civil unions, its separate and unequal to marriage. The haters all know this. They are ones who take away those benefits and privileges.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
The gays I know that do not march or protest are far from lazy, they are all very successful business people who find other ways to enjoy their weekends. and have class. Great to point out what the blacks did, burning down buildings, looting during riots, that is really something to be proud of, how totally sad that is...I really don't think that is how they got their rights and it certainly wasn't what Martin Luther King Jr preached..No, not all of your protests have been peaceful, ripping signs out of little old lady's hands is really peaceful or did you not see that last week?? Are you seeing only what you want to see??
We all find ways to enjoy our weekends. Duh! Some of us just believe in receiving the same rights as you enjoy.

You want to bring up the old lady issue, well, ever heard of Matthew Shepard? Murdered for being gay, left to hang on a fence and slowly die for being gay. Remeber the movie Boys Don't Cry? Happened right here in Nebraska, Brandon Tina, killed for being transgendered. When was the last time a gay person killed a straight person for being straight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or