U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:04 AM

698 posts, read 775,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Well, because Shirley Phelps-Roper is here to stand trial for disrespecting the American Flag in May, the last time those coo-coos were here.
She's in Omaha now? I didn't know that. Maybe that's why it's been dark and cold lately.

And that being true, why would her cadre go protest at Central High School? What does that school have to do with anything? Or is it just that they need an outlet for their hatred, and any place is as good as the next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 11:08 AM

3,303 posts, read 6,085,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
She's in Omaha now? I didn't know that. Maybe that's why it's been dark and cold lately.

And that being true, why would her cadre go protest at Central High School? What does that school have to do with anything? Or is it just that they need an outlet for their hatred, and any place is as good as the next?
Well, maybe SurfOmaha was right about the Gay straight alliance thing, who knows. Plus they hate Barack Obama and they just wanted to rile us up, probably because we gave our vote to Barack Obama too. They are probably at it again today, hopefully the good people of Omaha will teach them another lesson.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Well, maybe SurfOmaha was right about the Gay straight alliance thing, who knows. Plus they hate Barack Obama and they just wanted to rile us up, probably because we gave our vote to Barack Obama too. They are probably at it again today, hopefully the good people of Omaha will teach them another lesson.
Yeah, they hate Obama. So go protest at a school, where at least 75% of the kids aren't even old enough to vote. Makes sense!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Like I said before, they're coo-coos, who knows what they were thinking, its impossible to know.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:42 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,336,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The Bible does teach to love thy neighbor. Most Christians would not consider these folks to be true Christians. It's a "church" made up of about 40 people that are all related. I heard a radio interview of Fred's sister, I believe, -- Shirley Phelps. She was nothing but pure hate.

I really hope that most folks don't lump these hatemongers in with the rest of us.

They're like a bunch of 3 year olds that people ignore, so they keep screaming louder. First, it was the funerals of gay people...then the military because they say America is being judged. Now they're just finding a reason to scream...hoping someone listens.

I agree. I am a Lutheran and know that most Christians are people with good intentions and do not act as hateful as the members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

I do not hate members of the Westboro Baptist Church but I am puzzled and somewhat disgusted by their behaviors and actions. I will let God judge them when it is their time to be judged.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Actually, although they disgust me, people like these also intrigue me.

There are lots of people whom I don't agree with, that I'd like to have a cup of coffee with & pick their brains. I'm always curious as to what makes them tick.

There are lots of people who think Hillary Clinton is some huge uber-b**ch, but I'd love to sit and talk with her. I bet it'd be fascinating. For some reason, I highly doubt that she's the angry, nasty woman some people want to think she is.

I'd really like to know what makes Shirley Phelps-Roper tick. With her, though, I'm afraid I'd be frightened by what I saw and heard...

Old 11-22-2008, 02:24 PM

I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 PM

605 posts, read 730,366 times
Quote:

I was on bus route #2 and went by just after all the commotion. Some of the students got on the bus and I got to speak with them. And they told me Westboro was protesting the Gay-Straight Alliances in the schools. The students were aware of the protests about 2 days before and were prepared to stand their ground against these wackos. One of the students even had a short vid on his cell phone showing an officer taking down a student. Another student told me a group of kids chased the protesters to a nearby church where the cops had to stand guard to prevent the students from going into the church for the Westboro freaks. What a job well done by our young people standing up for themselves and individuals rights. Why is it so hard for some of the so-called adults around here?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 PM

4,669 posts, read 1,468,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Actually, although they disgust me, people like these also intrigue me.

There are lots of people whom I don't agree with, that I'd like to have a cup of coffee with & pick their brains. I'm always curious as to what makes them tick.

There are lots of people who think Hillary Clinton is some huge uber-b**ch, but I'd love to sit and talk with her. I bet it'd be fascinating. For some reason, I highly doubt that she's the angry, nasty woman some people want to think she is.

I'd really like to know what makes Shirley Phelps-Roper tick. With her, though, I'm afraid I'd be frightened by what I saw and heard...

The interview that I heard of her was really very telling. She was very irrational...they tried to ask her questions and she just talked over the host. It was really very sad.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 PM

Do you have a link to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha