U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 AM

77 posts, read 463,951 times

Advertisements

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p429c814a78bccf267aa7f05ade546594/ea3c0b4a.jpg (broken link)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p77183ca6f8acc67391e4c9252947923e/ea3c0b52.jpg (broken link)

How can he hold those burders in that cold weather?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p2a3d4c5439fba9be2a6d9c2683f8d1ff/ea3c0b46.jpg (broken link)

Stuck bus 13th and Pacific Streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM

9 posts, read 20,851 times
I was looking at your pictures and I see the real talent that you have for taking them. Good Job. Even though, has anyone really thought about how much snow is falling and at what times of the year that the snow falls? When it's suppose to be hot it's cold and when it's cold it's hot. Has anyone taken the time to think about what the world is really doing and how it affects the areas that we live in? I know people play a big part in what happens to the earth because we get our resources from the earth, but when are we going to find a better way to get those resources so that the earth can heal so that we dont have snow here that covers our homes.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,896 times
This is Nebraska! We're supposed to have snow covering our homes! Weather in Nebraska has always been unpredictable and it has nothing to do with global warming. It has to do with being at about the center of a land mass and having no stabilizing bodies of water near by. Basically, sometimes we get weather fronts coming from the north (Canada) and sometimes we get weather fronts from the gulf of Mexico. As a result of these combined effects we have weather that flip flops rapidly. Getting snow in April is a result of our geography...not global warming!

No single person can feel the effects of global warming, or at least discern them from very normal variations in the weather cycle. People saying that the summers feel a little hotter or that the winters feel warmer can't possibly claim this is from global warming. These variations in winters and summers have happened since the dawn of history. If next year we have a winter that is below average in temperature will we assume global warming is a myth??!! No, I think not.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
This is Nebraska! We're supposed to have snow covering our homes! Weather in Nebraska has always been unpredictable and it has nothing to do with global warming. It has to do with being at about the center of a land mass and having no stabilizing bodies of water near by. Basically, sometimes we get weather fronts coming from the north (Canada) and sometimes we get weather fronts from the gulf of Mexico. As a result of these combined effects we have weather that flip flops rapidly. Getting snow in April is a result of our geography...not global warming!

No single person can feel the effects of global warming, or at least discern them from very normal variations in the weather cycle. People saying that the summers feel a little hotter or that the winters feel warmer can't possibly claim this is from global warming. These variations in winters and summers have happened since the dawn of history. If next year we have a winter that is below average in temperature will we assume global warming is a myth??!! No, I think not.
Global warming?! Who cares! I said nothing on global warming. Getting too technical on something too small to make a big difference. I like snow, just don't like a lot of it. Who cares!!! It's snow!! Wether it falls alot or little has little or no affect to me. From what I catch on T.V. and radio, this global warming thing is big, but does it keep you up at night???!! Not me. We will probally be gone from this earth before WE, me and you, feel anything that has to do with this warming and the earth hurting because of it, but thanks for the history lesson. I might have mislead you in what I wrote. Just an opinion, nothing major on this subject at the moment.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billoco33 View Post
I was looking at your pictures and I see the real talent that you have for taking them. Good Job. Even though, has anyone really thought about how much snow is falling and at what times of the year that the snow falls? When it's suppose to be hot it's cold and when it's cold it's hot. Has anyone taken the time to think about what the world is really doing and how it affects the areas that we live in? I know people play a big part in what happens to the earth because we get our resources from the earth, but when are we going to find a better way to get those resources so that the earth can heal so that we dont have snow here that covers our homes.
You're telling me you weren't implying man made climate change with this post??!! I wouldn't need to give a history lesson if you wouldn't just nonchalantly infer things that aren't true.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 AM

[quote=mattpoulsen;599511]You're telling me you weren't implying man made climate change with this post??!! I wouldn't need to give a history lesson if you wouldn't just nonchalantly infer things that aren't true.[

No, I am not implying anything. Just putting my opinion out there!! If you're giving out history lessons you should get paid for them! Simply put! and whats not true about what I said? I asked questions and for someone who does this regularly you should know that when you ask questions you either get facts, opinions, or opinions that people think are facts. Forget about it. New day, new events. Now, what do you think about the VT shooting and how the media is going about letting the world know about the killer? I need feedback from all, but especiallly from you Matt. You know some things and I want to know more things. Lets keep it professional. I'm new to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or