U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 AM

2,214 posts, read 1,731,512 times

Advertisements

So apparently it has been firmly established that the choice to show, or not to show, the movie MILK is a financial one - and has nothing to do with a small-minded, bigoted anti-gay Omaha conspiracy, as was alleged in the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:12 AM

516 posts, read 1,212,669 times
Well we still don't know why AMC "can't" get a copy so draw your own conclusions.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,218,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Well we still don't know why AMC "can't" get a copy so draw your own conclusions.
Yeah, we sane minded non-conspiracy theorists will continue to think it was a corporate decision not to play that movie. We will continue to believe they are and have been in business just because of decisions they make such as that.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,135,461 times
Last week it was the #9 movie at the box office, and it's still in limited release, so I have a hard time believing that it has no commercial appeal.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM

Burgerflipper are you this snarky to everyone, or just to people who come from areas of the county that you distain? Because I can honestly say that I do not remember ever giving you personal crap before, so I find your attitude towards me uncalled for.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:49 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,218,263 times
Quote:
Burgerflipper are you this snarky to everyone, or just to people who come from areas of the county that you distain? Because I can honestly say that I do not remember ever giving you personal crap before, so I find your attitude towards me uncalled for.
No, I just hate the name Stacy. Im kidding.

I just don't think it's a conspiracy to keep "Gay" out of the box office and I think it's absurd to assume that.

I'm glad you are anxious to go back to SF to watch Milk but that doesn't mean Omaha is a bigoted city because you couldn't find a movie showing.

It's no secret what you always try to imply about Omaha...btw, I do not dislike California. If anything, I dislike the Midwest for this crappy weather.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
No, I just hate the name Stacy. Im kidding.

I just don't think it's a conspiracy to keep "Gay" out of the box office and I think it's absurd to assume that.

I'm glad you are anxious to go back to SF to watch Milk but that doesn't mean Omaha is a bigoted city because you couldn't find a movie showing.

It's no secret what you always try to imply about Omaha...btw, I do not dislike California. If anything, I dislike the Midwest for this crappy weather.
LOL, well if it makes you feel any better last I checked it was both snowing and flooding in California!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 PM

2,214 posts, read 1,731,512 times
Did they show Brokeback Mountain in Omaha?

If the answer is "Yes", then this whole conspiracy theory about keeping Milk out of the city, because of its gayness, is pretty much shot.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 PM

4,927 posts, read 10,899,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
San Diego has over a milllion people, 2 million if you count the metro area, and Milk is only playing at one theater and it's in the Gay section of the city.
Just an FYI in case you don't want to go to Hillcrest, Milk is playing at 7 different theaters in the San Diego Metro

Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,709,718 times
Quote:
LOL, well if it makes you feel any better last I checked it was both snowing and flooding in California!
And shaking and Burning..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha