U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM

9 posts, read 15,794 times

Advertisements

Also, another question, the house that we're looking at says it's in East Benson, but then it also says Fontenelle.. are they in the same area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,199,438 times
The area you will be in is probably split 50-50 black/white. Biracial couples are everywhere. I'm biracial myself. It won't be a problem for you.

I wouldn't call where you are in Florence. Florence is much further north but your place would actually be close to Florence Boulevard.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,214,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlyaaliyah View Post
Thanks so much for the response. I dont have the exact address as of yet... all i have is that it is off of N 45st at miami. Also when you say that it depends on where the house is, does that mean parts are like ghetto.. or gang infested, or what?

Thanks again.. I know i'll be asking more questions real soon!!
Some areas are gang infested and ghetto just like any other city. The area you are referring to isn't as bad as some other areas.

I would definitely check out areas along Leavenworth St. from 60th St. to 34th or so. There are many rentals in that area as it's close to UNO, the Med Center, and Creighton.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM

2,214 posts, read 1,728,617 times
Quote:
Also, another question, the house that we're looking at says it's in East Benson, but then it also says Fontenelle.. are they in the same area?
Yes, same area.

Fontanelle Blvd is a main street that meanders right down through that area.

The house you mentioned, on roughly 45th & Miami, should actually be a decent location for you if you're renting. It'd take you 10 minutes to get to UNO, 10 minutes to get to downtown, etc. There are a lot of your run-of-the-mill restaurants very close, grocery stores close, etc.

It might be of use to you to look into Craigslist. They have quite a few rentals listed.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/apa/

Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,199,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Yes, same area.

Fontanelle Blvd is a main street that meanders right down through that area.

Oops I thought she said Florence, not Fontenelle.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Oops I thought she said Florence, not Fontenelle.
Yeah - Florence is clear up in the extreme NE part of city. A pretty cool area, for sure, but quite a distance from UNO.

Considering how congested parking at UNO tends to be, it'd be great if they could get close enough for hubby to be able to bike to the campus. There are some nice little areas south of Leavenworth, just to the east of 60th Street.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 PM

thanks for all the responses!!! Craigslist is actually where I found the house, but thanks for the suggestion!! Im looking forward to being apart of Omaha and meeting new people!!!

O....what should be the first restaurant we try? We are big on trying new places to eat.. so any suggestions welcome!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
thanks for all the responses!!! Craigslist is actually where I found the house, but thanks for the suggestion!! Im looking forward to being apart of Omaha and meeting new people!!!

O....what should be the first restaurant we try? We are big on trying new places to eat.. so any suggestions welcome!
Hartland BBQ on about 54th & Maple - east end of downtown Benson.

My wife & I have decided that they have the best BBQ Pork Sandwich we've ever eaten.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 PM

ok.. i'll have to try that place.. We love bbq... is there any place that has good home style cooking..?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,133,643 times
Big Mama's Kitchen

3223 N. 45th

Big Mama's Kitchen & Catering: Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or