U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 50,976 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been to Frisco's hood... Didnt think so...When I lived on Jones St. I personaly saw people selling stolen babys...If you belive that Frisco's hood had that kind of criminal activity then your wrong... Not to say that the cresside isnt raw...but that mile long street in Omaha was the worst, most dangerous, and criminaly accended community I've ever been to. Jones St. had me more on my toes than East Oakland,East Palo Alto,Richmond,Valejo,Frisco...Now change of subject...101 on Friscos hood
It RUNS of prostitution. East Oakland, prostitution and drug distrubution. EPA, ALL OF THE ABOVE. Richmond and Valejo is about tha same of Oakland. Omaha,NE. Who would think that in redneck,racist,ignorent,culture dividing city there would be no hood??? That makes me laugh...Wow your really gonna make me tell you about Jones St.??? Thats a shame...Omaha's hood includes: major crack distubution, prostitution, children abdutionists?(I dont have a word for somebody selling babys), gang wars, corrupt police, the annionce of crack heads, gun shots, car alarms, alcoholics, the normal weed suppliers,and the illegal distrubution of arms...Im out of breath...Peace!!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:14 PM

86,884 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARNYOU View Post
I think it is funny when reading these posts that when someone says anything negative about Omaha or Nebraska, folks seem to take it personal and then attack the folks that are giving an opinion.

After all this is an open forum, I just am noticing a pattern.

Which leads me to believe maybe peolpe from Omaha or Nebraska are not really as nice as they say.

Remember people this is just cyber space nothing is really.

Have some fun.
Agree 1000%!

Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,385,429 times
I have a question to those (2 I believe) who think that cities should pay for the homeless...
Why in the world SHOULD they???!!! Not to start a political debate here, but, uh, how come those people don't WORK like everyone else???!!!
How bout THAT?!
Some homeless choose to be homeless and don't take help. (I KNOW this having grown up in NY & having offered a "bum" money which he REFUSED!)
Others are lazy. They do not deserve help.
I for one do not want MY tax dollars paying for those who don't work!
Give them a job cleaning up the city or any other zillion things & let them PAY for their OWN housing!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 AM

482 posts, read 2,037,524 times
Take a breath there Listen Up. No one is saying that Omaha does not have problems much like San Francisco or Oakland. I found that Eddy Street to be full of the same things that most big cities have, but in San Francisco appeared to have more. Then there was Fillmore Street area, when I was living in the Oakland area I was told that the police would not go into areas of Fillmore Street without back up right there. Omaha I don't think has any areas like this.

Jones Street, in San Francisco, is this the one that is close to Chinatown District that crosses over California Street? Isn't Grace Cathedral and the Fairmont Hotel close to Jones Street?

What happened here as it at one time looked like a good part of San Francisco when I was there in the early 70's. The last time I was in San Francisco area was in the late 80's, but I did not go to this part of the the City. We just went to the wharf area, Golden State Park and Golden Gate bridge. My son tried to run to the top of Russian Hill, but he made it just a few blocks before giving up.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,813,949 times
Listen Up what cities don't have those problems.All give you 30 cities that have those problems worse.Baltimore,Washington D.C.,Cleveland,Cincinnati,Chicago,Miami,Indianapol is,Philadelphia,Los Angeles,Oakland,Sacramento,Birmingham,Jackson,Las Vegas,Houston,Dallas,Oklahoma City,Little Rock,Pittsburgh,Newark,New York City,Memphis,Nashville,Richmond VA,Buffalo,Long Beach,Boston,Milwukee,Kansas City Kansas,Kansas City Missouri,St Louis,Detroit,Flint,Mineapolis,Atlanta,Montgomery, Phoenix,Tucson,Bridgeport,Hartford,Jacksonville,Co lumbus,Toledo,Tampa,and Mobile.Actually thats more than 30 cities.Most of these cities have a higher poverty rate than Omaha and all of them have a higher crime rate.Oh yeah and so does San Francisco.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 PM

7 posts, read 50,976 times
Default Let me clarify.

Ok...Jones St. is in Omaha not Frisco...And let me say that CTownNative and Kosnebbear are right about Omaha not even compairing to any high poverty city. But those cities that Ctown listed all have the one thing allike...The bad areas of the city are big and all spread throughout the cities population...Omaha is kind of...unique...in its "ghetto." The area I speak of is worse than a lot of major cities and more than half of the list from CTown...Because of the fact that Omaha's high crime portion is small and in a way protected. But I stick to what I said. That little street in Omaha,NE was.( I say was because the area is cleaning up a lot) the worst hood that I ever experienced. And what gets more ghetto than East Oakland or if you land on the wrong side of the Fillmore... Or the Roll Dog Killers hood in KC, or the crips hood in The Lou, Flintown stays rough no matter what time ere where in. Im just letting everyone one know about the hood that nobody's ever heard about. What everybody should know about and what people wont even care about.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:31 AM

Boy sure glad that you let us all know which Jones Street you were talking about. Now for this remark please "When I lived on Jones St. I personaly saw people selling stolen babys" tell us what you did to stop this from happening? You see I am a retired police officer and if the people that live in an area see crimes being done and they choose to do nothing about them by not reporting these crimes or to be willing to stand up in a court of law to tell what they saw then these people are as much of the problem as the crime itself. So did you call the Omaha Police Department or Douglas County Sheriff's Department to report these individuals selling stolen babies? Or is this another story like the one about the "Hood in Frisco on Jones Street" and trust me I did live in the Bay Area and was on Jones Street many times.

If you don't then "Omaha's hood includes: major crack distubution, prostitution, children abdutionists?(I dont have a word for somebody selling babys), gang wars, corrupt police, the annionce of crack heads, gun shots, car alarms, alcoholics, the normal weed suppliers,and the illegal distrubution of arms." will remain and all of these problems will stay the same or just get worse. So stand up and take back your neighborhood back from all of this and make it safe for everyone. If you want I can even give you a name of a person in Community Policing in Omaha who can help you get started or just go down there on your own they will not bite you.

Last edited by kosnebbear; 03-12-2007 at 05:40 AM..

Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,813,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Agree 1000%!
So people that have a negative opionion can misrepresent a city with misleading data, while if I expose them, or if I prove them wrong and call them out for intentionally trying to make my city look bad, that I am not giving them the option to "speak their mind?" If they are man enough to speak their mind, they should be man enough to hear other people's opionion of their misleading data, especially the ones that know different...

Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Okay people we have beat this horse enough. For me I don't care about all of the statical data BS, because that is what most people are not interested in anyway. We all have the right to express opinions here openly without all of this fighting. What counts is how we as people deal with the problems of our own towns, whether it be Omaha, Dnever, Lincoln or your town. Just like Listen To Me said that we don't know about the "Hood in Frisco along Jones Street". When put to the test Listen To Me admitted that the Jones Street was really in Omaha and not San Francisco. Now I am waiting for a reply to why Listen To Me has done nothing to help fight the problems with in Omaha. I wonder if the story is even real or not. So for ehenningsen you can point out the errors of post my MattDen or anyone else, but statical data can read what ever anyone wants it to read. I really wonder how many people even take MattDen's posting to light when they are looking for a good place to buy a home or send their kids to school or to find a church to go to. Not that many. I have even pointed out some errors made by MattDen as well and I will do so in the future if in my opinion I feel that he is wrong. So ehenningsen keep expressing your opinion, but there is no need to continue this argument any futher. Anyone with some good sound common sense can tell that individuals like MattDen and WARNYOU do not like being in or even around Omaha. For me I like coming to Omaha to shop, but I like it when I leave Omaha to go home as well.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM

86,884 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnebbear View Post
Okay people we have beat this horse enough. For me I don't care about all of the statical data BS, because that is what most people are not interested in anyway. We all have the right to express opinions here openly without all of this fighting. What counts is how we as people deal with the problems of our own towns, whether it be Omaha, Dnever, Lincoln or your town. Just like Listen To Me said that we don't know about the "Hood in Frisco along Jones Street". When put to the test Listen To Me admitted that the Jones Street was really in Omaha and not San Francisco. Now I am waiting for a reply to why Listen To Me has done nothing to help fight the problems with in Omaha. I wonder if the story is even real or not. So for ehenningsen you can point out the errors of post my MattDen or anyone else, but statical data can read what ever anyone wants it to read. I really wonder how many people even take MattDen's posting to light when they are looking for a good place to buy a home or send their kids to school or to find a church to go to. Not that many. I have even pointed out some errors made by MattDen as well and I will do so in the future if in my opinion I feel that he is wrong. So ehenningsen keep expressing your opinion, but there is no need to continue this argument any futher. Anyone with some good sound common sense can tell that individuals like MattDen and WARNYOU do not like being in or even around Omaha. For me I like coming to Omaha to shop, but I like it when I leave Omaha to go home as well.
Agree completely. Thank you so much kosnebbear for your wise words. I for one can find all the statistics I want through city-data, google, or wherever. I do not need ehennigsen to post every link on the entire internet. I do not think it necessary to call people names like "disgruntled employee", "ex-wife", etc, when disagreeing. I have always said I thought Omaha was a nice mid-western city with hills and trees, which is more than you can say about Chicago (the hill part, anyway). I think you will find the same sort of people in Omaha that you will find anywhere. Some are nice, and some are, not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or