U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,812,401 times

Advertisements

There maybe a few funny people here, but the vast majority of Huskerfans will be very considerate of you and your team, Pittnurse seems to not want to post very many positive things about Omaha and Nebraska, which is okay cause it is her opionion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 PM

673 posts, read 3,746,763 times
I dont see why people pay so much to see the Nebraska team play I mean they are a fairly lousy team who hasnt won a national championship in more then a decade.

Last edited by MattDen; 03-18-2007 at 01:07 PM..

Old 03-18-2007, 12:46 PM

Wink Lol...

They haven't been elite that is for sure Mattden, but only 1 year they actually had a losing record of 5-6 and last year they were close in every game with a North division championship and a 9-5 record, next year looks promising

Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 PM

86,871 posts, read 102,248,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
There maybe a few funny people here, but the vast majority of Huskerfans will be very considerate of you and your team, Pittnurse seems to not want to post very many positive things about Omaha and Nebraska, which is okay cause it is her opionion...
I said "from personal experience". You probably wouldn't even believe the story about my Omaha wedding reception. It was bad. Tom Osborne himself would have been ashamed to hear some of these people, who were my new family!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Lol

I can believe it Pittnurse, I know there are obnoxius fans, LOL, it would be funny to hear...

Old 03-18-2007, 04:44 PM

482 posts, read 2,037,266 times
One thing you will see, if you get a ticket to a Husker football game that is, is that the fans in the north end of the stadium will give the visiting team a standing ovation no matter what the out come of the game is. It is our way of saying thank you for playing the game. We will even do it for the Buckeyes if they ever come to Lincoln. You will be fine showing your support for the Buckeyes.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:48 PM

482 posts, read 2,037,266 times
MattDen when was the last time that Colorado won a national championship and how many have they won and how many years in a row did they go to bowl games and how many seasons in a row did they win 9 or more games. Yes we were down, but the Big Red is coming back much faster than say Colorado. Enjoy you move to Ohio.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,259 times
I live in Omaha and love it here. Having said that, I've visited Columbus quite a bit and find it to be a great city. It's bigger than Omaha, and thus has some things that Omaha doesn't, i.e. stores, restaurants, etc.
In addition, you can get to more places non stop from Columbus than you can from Omaha. Easton Town Center is Village Pointe on a LOT of steroids. Columbus also has the Blue Jackets, an NHL team, as well as OSU, which has both hockey and football, so no driving to Lincoln for football. You can also drive to Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc. in a couple of hours.

Anyway, both cities are fine, and whoever the clown is that has a problem with dirt and neighborhoods in Omaha, get a grip and while you do, buy a spell checker.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 AM

21 posts, read 55,758 times
A hearty welcome to a non-Huskers fan. I'm all for adding football fan diversity to the state. :-) (A Hawkeye here)

My two cents - There's tons of arts/culture stuff in town. Most have already been mentioned - the Josleyn art museum, the Zoo, the symphony & opera. Plus more community theater than you can shake a stick at. From what it sounds like you're going to be in a good spot for getting places - the interstate makes everything about 15 - 20 minutes away at most. I don't have kids and didn't attend school here so I can't comment on that.

Again, welcome to the area!

Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM

268 posts, read 1,094,030 times
Default I'm in Elkhorn, just west of Omaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelur12 View Post
I will be moving to Omaha in June, and after reading all the posts here I have to say Im excited.... Can anyone tell me if there is much of a differance between Columbus ohio and Omaha. We are very Cultural here with lots of differant races. I have lived here my whole live and never thought I would leave. I have 3 kids and just wonder if they will fit in and feel comfortable right away. We bought a house in North west Omaha from a builder named Hearthstone homes, and compared to the cost of a new house here, we got our 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath for 159,000. Here it would of been 200,000 or a little more. We are on North 108th Street. Is this a good area? Anything around it yet, I havent seen it yet, but I will be flying out in April.

Thanks on any info you can give. I think the High School is Northwest High School.
Welcome to Omaha!!!! I moved here 13 years ago from Houston and do love the people here and the amenities. Great place to raise a family! Our first home was a Hearthstone and it was a great house...only built our current custom house b/c we outgrew that one (have 3 little ones too and ours was a small 3 BR/2Bath).
I would've directed you to our current home on the market in Elkhorn if I had heard anything about your move before deciding on Hearthstone.
I love the area we're in and the Elkhorn schools are amazing. I have one child with a severe disability and this area is a model for inclusion.
We're relocating to Oregon and will HOPE to find something similar out there.
I don't know too much about Columbus, but my dad grew up in Dayton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or