U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 PM

95 posts, read 385,948 times

Advertisements

Never mind original point. Not applicable....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,232 times
Norris,

So, now that you've lost all credibility do you want to make up some other fact that will allow you to condemn Omaha? Maybe you should call it a cow town...that should fit the stereotype you're trying to perpetuate. Get real.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,812,793 times
Default wow..

Incredible... How mis-informed can one person be!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM

5 posts, read 13,578 times
Post omaha or sioux falls

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum posting..so here goes. My husband is a manager with a large department store chain..and they are getting ready to realign everyone at the beginning of the year, we live in Dallas, at the moment and have been here 10 years we are ready for a change though..and we are in the process of looking at omaha or sioux falls..can you guys tell me some good and some bad for each and your thoughts and why on one over the other..thanks for the info!! Oh we are in our mid 30's and have 3 children so good schools are a must..and kids activities close by a must as well..Bye for now

Old 11-17-2008, 03:02 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenclean View Post
..and we are in the process of looking at omaha or sioux falls..can you guys tell me some good and some bad for each and your thoughts and why on one over the other..thanks for the info!!
Both Omaha and Sioux Falls are great places... I live in the Omaha metro (Papillion) and love it - have had chances to relocate and have always turned them down so I can keep this quality of life. If I had to move and was told it was to Sioux Falls, I would be ok with that - a great town. Can't go wrong with either choice.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 13,578 times
Thanks Dave!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,168,138 times
From where I live within the state, we travel to both towns for business and shopping. I know folks in both towns. Have found both towns friendly, laid back, easy to navigate for a non-city guy.

I would have to say you won't go wrong in either place either.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:26 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,688,269 times
Omaha however is about 4 times larger than Sioux Falls, and our Suburban Districts are great, But you can't go wrong with either city.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM

688 posts, read 1,056,276 times
Default Omaha is a great place

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenclean View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum posting..so here goes. My husband is a manager with a large department store chain..and they are getting ready to realign everyone at the beginning of the year, we live in Dallas, at the moment and have been here 10 years we are ready for a change though..and we are in the process of looking at omaha or sioux falls..can you guys tell me some good and some bad for each and your thoughts and why on one over the other..thanks for the info!! Oh we are in our mid 30's and have 3 children so good schools are a must..and kids activities close by a must as well..Bye for now

In my opinion, I think Omaha is the better choice- more to offer in many ways- Souix Falls is kind of out-ot-the -way, although it is not a bad place. i just think that Omaha has more to offer and it is a little further south...winter can be pretty awful in Souix Falls

Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM

688 posts, read 1,056,276 times
Default You are wrong. Omaha cannot fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Good question Norris, I'll tell you why...

You are absolutely correct in the assumption that Omaha is viewed as only Omaha because it is in Nebraska, if Omaha was in Texas, Cali, Florida or etc.. You wouldn't need people like me to stand up for the needless critisism it gets from other places and even worse, from its own citizens who do not know what they have..

I stand up for it, not because I 'need' to know that it is a great place, but to help other people realize what they have here.

Until people started (chamber and businesses) to promote the city to its own citizens, Omaha was stale and a dead end city. The city has taken off to hights never before seen, and truly is a special place for many many reason's and actually would be considered a first class city if it wasnt located in eastern Nebraska, as that alone gives Omaha the worst classification to many peoples ears..

And so, as a proud citizen I do my own research and educate the public of Omaha, Nebraska and anybody else curious to know what Omaha is and what it has.

I know the city is a great city, and the only way to keep it a great city is to let people know it is. Otherwise, with all the negativity pointed in this direction it would be doomed to fail!
Naw, it cannot fail. Too good a place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or