U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,059,931 times
Reputation: 122

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
and please explain in detail...
I think Omaha could use a well established, well planned, well built gay district. Every great city in the US has one. Lets get our pennies together and buy the old market. Wouldn't that be fab? In the meantime, lets pick a day in December for all the gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender HUMAN BEINGS as well as our straight allies to go to the Old Market. We could call it Big Gay Al's Big Gay Outing. We could have a 1000 Omaha gays go to the various Old market establishments and have a gay old time. Would do you say guys? I think it would be fabulous!!!

PS We had over 8000 people at gay pride back in June. Wouldn't it be awesome if 8000 gays showed up? hey!hey!hey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Chicago
3,340 posts, read 8,703,212 times
Reputation: 1215
I think there is already one south of the Old Market, but uhhh....... no offense or anything, but in the Old Market itself would be a bad Idea, because many people would stop going there because of the large Gay Population, sorry but thats what would probably happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Omaha
2,716 posts, read 6,213,794 times
Reputation: 1221
I have to disagree also, old market girls are the easiest. Lol, can't ruin that! jk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Reputation: 9155
All I want to say is that MattDen tool who was posting at the beginning of this thread has some serious delusions both about Omaha and life outside it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,059,931 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I think there is already one south of the Old Market, but uhhh....... no offense or anything, but in the Old Market itself would be a bad Idea, because many people would stop going there because of the large Gay Population, sorry but thats what would probably happen.
No offense, but half the people that go to the old market are gay anyway. So are the people that work there. You would not know, because not every gay dude is a flaming fairy, not every lesbian is a hairy dyke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 AM
 
516 posts, read 1,211,957 times
Reputation: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
I think Omaha could use a well established, well planned, well built gay district. Every great city in the US has one. Lets get our pennies together and buy the old market. Wouldn't that be fab? In the meantime, lets pick a day in December for all the gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender HUMAN BEINGS as well as our straight allies to go to the Old Market. We could call it Big Gay Al's Big Gay Outing. We could have a 1000 Omaha gays go to the various Old market establishments and have a gay old time. Would do you say guys? I think it would be fabulous!!!

PS We had over 8000 people at gay pride back in June. Wouldn't it be awesome if 8000 gays showed up? hey!hey!hey!
Can we do it for Halloween next year please please?? Because I really miss being able to go to the Castro (NorCal) or West Hollywood (SoCal). Best. Halloweens. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,059,931 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Can we do it for Halloween next year please please?? Because I really miss being able to go to the Castro (NorCal) or West Hollywood (SoCal). Best. Halloweens. Ever.
Good idea!!! You know some of the cities with large gay popuations have HUGE Halloween festivals, but I guess you would already know. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
872 posts, read 2,604,317 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Good idea!!! You know some of the cities with large gay popuations have HUGE Halloween festivals, but I guess you would already know. LOL
New Orleans, too. (Or at least it used to - haven't been there around Halloween since Katrina.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 PM
 
61 posts, read 160,598 times
Reputation: 34
I think Omaha has a perfect potential for independent businesses, restaurants, and venues etc. once it comes into full bloom, and that it will only become more charming and not become an unmaintainable over urban environment. If benson, dundee, and the streets going downtown between cuming and center from saddle creek get a breath of life there would be 100's of great storefront locations to be given a spitshine and there would be lots of area to wander, there could even be trolleys to go from downtown up these streets to dundee and benson and back. Being a now legal adult thats lived in benson my whole life I don't want to give up on the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 AM
 
516 posts, read 1,211,957 times
Reputation: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.JEFFY View Post
I think Omaha has a perfect potential for independent businesses, restaurants, and venues etc. once it comes into full bloom, and that it will only become more charming and not become an unmaintainable over urban environment. If benson, dundee, and the streets going downtown between cuming and center from saddle creek get a breath of life there would be 100's of great storefront locations to be given a spitshine and there would be lots of area to wander, there could even be trolleys to go from downtown up these streets to dundee and benson and back. Being a now legal adult thats lived in benson my whole life I don't want to give up on the idea.
Isn't downtown Benson getting a facelift soon? I think I read somewhere that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top