U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 PM

673 posts, read 3,746,950 times

Advertisements

I am not familiar with St. Paul but I have been through it on the Metro Transit buses several times. My impression is the city is very very clean and very well planned. It would be nice if Minneapolis and Omaha were as clean and well-kept as St. Paul or at least the parts I went through.

Downtown St. Paul was very, very quiet at 9pm at night when I was there but it was impeccably clean. Thats what I remember of St. Paul it seems very clean and well kept overall but quiet. I should have seen Grand Avenue when I was there just to see what that neighborhood is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 06:41 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,666,650 times
Geez... I've been reading through the threads on the Nebraska forum, mainly out of curiosity, since I've always "heard" so much about Nebraska-- and Omaha secondhand, and I want to learn what people actually living there have to say about it. I'm from Colorado, currently going to college in Arizona. After I graduate, I could end up anywhere... who knows, even Omaha? Lemme just say, this guy "mattden" is a disgrace to all Coloradans, he makes us all look like snobby, mean-spirited, inferiority-complexed people. For the record, it simply isn't true. Of course, we have the friendly football rivalry going on, but this mattden just plain crosses the line. If he thinks Denver is so great, why did he bother moving to Omaha?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelur12 View Post
Well since I still live in Ohio and I know the places that Mattden is talking about, he said hes 20 something and IM sure from him talking he likes the gallary hop here in Columbus, It is very nice in that area and seems to draw in a younger hip crowd. Yes Victorian Villiage, and Germain Villiage are a prize that Columbus Cherishes. Very nice well maintained Homes that you must have alot of money to live there. Columbus is a very large city and I have lived here my whole live and I feel I get lost in this city. Its too large. IM looking forward to Omaha a smaller city but still city. I really love seeing all the pictures!
Im from las vegas...i visit omaha often..i think this city should be considered large...its growing and you can never tell the size of a city till you have been there....i love this city...especially downtown...the people are so honest and friendly unlike most cities in the west..i cannot wait to get back there

Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,942,076 times
Why does this idiot MattDen think he has the right to overtake EVERY thread in this state and critisize the people? ... Matt the people can't even enjoy this site without arguing with you/defending themselves, leave them/omaha alone, you're just making yourself look WEIRD!

and why are you acting like your moving to a trendy neighborhood in LA or NY??? It's ohio, for god sake your moving to the rust belt! I'd much rather be around here!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:01 AM

300 posts, read 1,052,203 times
beemer - I actually think that MattDen got kicked off these forums. *Hold your applause* I don't remember what was the straw that broke the camels back, but if was for alot of things.
You can go ahead and cheer now.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,942,076 times
*applause* (until he comes back lurking under a different screen name) :P

Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,436,141 times
Default From Those Pictures...

It looks a LOT like Akron, Ohio. I'm not sure what downtown Omaha looks like. but those are nice "wooden" houses. What did that one poster want, plastic???

Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM

86,875 posts, read 102,258,726 times
MattDen has been gone a long time. Don't worry about him.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:35 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,836,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
MattDen has been gone a long time. Don't worry about him.
I think someone found the woodchipper they used in Fargo..........

Old 12-17-2007, 11:03 AM

4 posts, read 7,439 times
Wow I have just read through all 9 pages of this Omaha is better saga and seen all the pictures and everything. I lived in Omaha from 1976-2002 and I have to admit that I loved it most of the time. Now after I moved to Korea and Australia and now Georgia I have seen some of the best of other cities but Omaha does have alot of good parts and bad parts. By the way I seen a picture of St Regis that might be a beautiful building but when I was in Omaha you did not go there unless you where looking for something or to get robbed. But that is besides the point. I have done alot of business in Omaha and Prospered from it, it is a great place to do business. The people have money and their word is strong. the neighborhoods do really have there own flair and culture to them but it is all Homogenous(did I spell that right) to the culture of Omaha. Now noone should be confused with the culture of Omaha and the Culuture of Nebraska, it is different, and believe it or not, it is urban. With what I have seen them do to the riverfront and bringing in the Qwest center( which I hope will bring in NCAA tournament games there), has brought alot of hope to me and the rest of my family that does live in Omaha. I am a little disappointed with the lack of public transportation, and with the failure to funnell more business to the downtown area instead of expanding out to almost Lincoln. I feel that Omaha needs to bring back the trolleys, that can get people from downtown to past 120th street quickly and efficiently unlike the Buslines. I think it is in Omaha's best interest to continue to make the downtown area a great place to be, espicially by bringing in more businesses that are focused to downtown. Urban sprawl can be a ugly and really a useless thing. Think about every person you know in Omaha and how many cars to they have in their family, and think about why they need so many cars, it is because of the lack of public transportation that is economically feasible and timely. Omaha is approaching and getting the feel of what it is like to be a big boy on the block, just remember Omahans if you want to be the best act like it. When people try to put you or your great city down, brush it off and keep enjoying your life, because obviously they are not enjoying theirs, and misery does enjoy company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or