Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 PM

737 posts, read 1,908,373 times

Advertisements

People! People! When the cross walk gives the "White walk signal" to a pedestrian. You are supposed stop and let the pedestrians cross the street before turning left or right. Do not pull out and put your bumper on their heels so you can turn and save 4 seconds.

I see this happen everyday in Dt Omaha, if you drive in Dt Omaha you see it too.

It makes me sick, I think I am going to see an accident happen everytime.

I wonder how many people get hit by cars in DT Omaha a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,604,436 times
I would guess maybe 1 a year if that.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,872,744 times
What, you assume it's the posters on this forum running pedestrian crossings?

Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
What, you assume it's the posters on this forum running pedestrian crossings?
Yes I do..........bflipper maybe it's time to unplug for a bit.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,872,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Yes I do..........bflipper maybe it's time to unplug for a bit.
Likewise...

Perhaps you should try a letter to the editor in the OWH.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,272,316 times
Im not a fan of this practice either, I always look for pedestrians before pulling forward of the white line.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Likewise...

Perhaps you should try a letter to the editor in the OWH.

Ya know that is a good idea, since I did see it happen again tonight two different times. I think it would help them sell more papers.

I think I'll make a video and post it on YOUTUBE and show the world how Omaha has bad drivers. Who knows maybe it will go viral.......

Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,272,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Ya know that is a good idea, since I did see it happen again tonight two different times. I think it would help them sell more papers.

I think I'll make a video and post it on YOUTUBE and show the world how Omaha has bad drivers. Who knows maybe it will go viral.......
Meh. I've seen much worse drivers than in Omaha. Spent a week in Philly and saw more hit and runs over a weekend then in my entire time in Omaha.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,957,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Meh. I've seen much worse drivers than in Omaha. Spent a week in Philly and saw more hit and runs over a weekend then in my entire time in Omaha.
Iowa drivers are much worse than Omaha (Idiot Out Wandering Around) and Florida tops them all. In the downtown areas here, you have entire police units dedicated to enforcing the pedestrian right of way and numerous TV AD campaigns stating as such yet the citzens STILL don't seem to get it.

In fact, just 2 weeks ago I was up at Clearwater Beach when a car almost hit me in the crosswalk. Sucks for her that a Clearwater PD cruiser was 2 cars back and stopped her.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 PM

32,603 posts, read 77,247,404 times
I was literally BUMPED last week while running through Downtown Wilkes-Barre, PA, so you have not cornered the market on idiotic drivers. The driver was stopped at a stop sign as I proceeded to run into the crosswalk. He was turning right from a side street onto a one-way street and only looked LEFT before turning right to ensure there was no oncoming traffic. He never bothered to look right as well to ensure that there were no pedestrians/bicyclists in the crosswalk, and then SMACK! At the last minute he saw me and hit the brakes. He yelled "Sorry!" out the window, and I just politely yelled "It's okay" back at him as I continued running. This happens to me on a weekly basis, so I'm used to the bruises by now. You Midwesterners can't hold a candle to the idiocy of Pennsylvania drivers! When you take a suburban-oriented state and put them into an environment replete with pedestrians, they practically crap their pants because they don't know what to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: