Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Why don't you guys just get a room?
In Nebraska if two guys got a room, they would be engaging in premarital sex. Sir, that is degenerate and immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,010,754 times
Surf,

For crying out loud! I did nothing but support your position on gay-marriage! This is your problem! You seem to take every attack on you personally or every attack on ANY of your opinions as an assault on gays and gay marriage.

How do you possibly think to win over any supporters?? You are being completely and totally counter productive.

Try a little nuance and a little more substance and you'd be quite a bit more effective. Being passionate is only useful if you're being rational. If you're not rational than you simply look crazy. And you're definitely teetering on that line.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Surf,

For crying out loud! I did nothing but support your position on gay-marriage! This is your problem! You seem to take every attack on you personally or every attack on ANY of your opinions as an assault on gays and gay marriage.

How do you possibly think to win over any supporters?? You are being completely and totally counter productive.

Try a little nuance and a little more substance and you'd be quite a bit more effective. Being passionate is only useful if you're being rational. If you're not rational than you simply look crazy. And you're definitely teetering on that line.
You're exactly right. Surf is gaining more enemies for the gay community rather than more supporters.

There was a discussion on another Omaha forum where Surf, for all intents and purposes, wanted to ban bachelorette parties in gay bars because the women were "flaunting" their rights in front of those who didn't have the same rights.

Now I'm sure most of us would agree that these women are not there to "flaunt" their rights, and seeing as how they are spending their money is an obviously gay establishment, they would probably the the kind more likely to vote in favor of legalizing gay marriage, rather than against it, right?

Wouldn't the sensible thing be to tap into that resource and use them to their advantage rather than alienate them and turn them into enemies? Not according to Surf.

I think it's pretty clear that Surf knows nothing about being a leader and fighting for a cause. Rather, it seems his goal is nothing more than to run around acting like a fool and being a nuisance to everyone.

It wouldn't suprise me if most of the gay community was unhappy with his antics.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're exactly right. Surf is gaining more enemies for the gay community rather than more supporters.
That was part of the point I was trying to make.

Not everything is about gay-ness, and everybody gets sick of having something relentlessly screamed in their face.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
You say you agree with me, yet you disagree with me being here.
No, I don't disagree with you being here, however, you could use your fiery passion for gay rights over there, because most of us agree with you here, but never the less you argue with us, of course you could still post here, no one is saying you can't, and yes you can still talk about gay things, but arguing with them will be more effective than arguing with us.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
No, I don't disagree with you being here, however, you could use your fiery passion for gay rights over there, because most of us agree with you here, but never the less you argue with us, of course you could still post here, no one is saying you can't, and yes you can still talk about gay things, but arguing with them will be more effective than arguing with us.
I find it quite intriguing that even the people who support gay rights still balk at the mere mention of gay.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
Did I ever say that? No. I was simply recommending you go there as well because there are people of both sides there.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Not everything is about gay-ness, and everybody gets sick of having something relentlessly screamed in their face.

Thank you.

Honestly...I really don't much care what 2 folks do in their home. But please...it just gets tiring to have it forced on us nonstop.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

For godakes, this is a message board, no one screaming anything into anyone's face. Its a three letter word.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
For godakes, this is a message board, no one screaming anything into anyone's face. Its a three letter word.
How many people have to tell you the exact same thing - and how many times - before you listen? Think about it, bud!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha