U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Tampa, FL 6 26.09%
Omaha, NE 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM

6 posts, read 11,525 times

Advertisements

Yes I am ethnic Black American and Puerto Rican mixed. I have plenty of white friends I simply wish I had more options that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 02:49 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,199,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artdealer View Post
Yes I am ethnic Black American and Puerto Rican mixed. I have plenty of white friends I simply wish I had more options that is all.
You could always sell more paintings and move to San Juan. -Stacy, if you read this; That was for you!

Seriously, what options are you speeking of, in specific? Maybe we can help. I could always fly in cousin Hank, he's got some Asian and Pacific Islander in him. I think he mentioned he had some African American in him last night too..jkjkjkjk

Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 PM

13,879 posts, read 19,054,352 times
Quote:
Well if you have plenty of friends, you really aren't lonely, are you?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Ok, can we agree that the bars close too early? And we need atleast a Macy's.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM

13,879 posts, read 19,054,352 times
Quote:
Ok, can we agree that the bars close too early? And we need atleast a Macy's.
Yeah, we can agree on that. To be fair though, that's pretty much on the state, not Omaha.

Macy's would be nice, but Von Maur is probably a step above them. I used to work for Macy's and know that Omaha is a place they have their eye on, but the current financial situation put a hold on that.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:32 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,199,437 times
Yes, the 1am closing time for bars is pretty conservative.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Cool, if we got a Macy's hopefully the men would start dressing well! ha!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,521,993 times
I think if you are from KC I would generally go with your gut... not saying that Omaha is KC, but you know the midwest/plains states...

Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,683,802 times
Hvor om meg Artdealer? Er jeg ikke kultivert? lol. Its Norwegian, which will translate a bit roughly.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM

872 posts, read 2,598,131 times
Quote:
Shopping, there is no Macy's or Saks in Omaha just cheap chain stores.
I do think the shopping options have been improving in Omaha in the past couple of years. Yes, there are plenty of chain stores (although of course Macy's and Saks are chains as well), but not all of them cheap...
Von Maur is pretty decent, although small - and it seems to be trying to be a Nordie's, even down to the piano player, but does not have the breadth of products available that one would find even at a small Nordie's - but does provide access to brands that are otherwise not available or are hard to find in Omaha. A full-sized Macy's would be nice, but I'm trying to picture a good location for one. I don't know how well a Saks would fare (I would prefer a Neiman's over a Saks, but I certainly don't see Neiman's there anytime soon).
Someone told me an Anthropologie opened at Regency, but it is pretty small (kind of like the Pottery Barn there). It has some fun home stuff sometimes. Does anyone who has been to a typical-sized Anthropologie know how the Omaha one compares size-wise?

Anyway, I agree that Omaha isn't quite there yet re: shopping options, but I do feel it is on its way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or