Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
You really think that gay people have behavioral issues?

The fact that you say that violates any valid ethical codes. Broad-labeling is wrong and is a powerful foundation to hate..
So you believe some criminals shouldn't be broadly labeled right? Afterall they're just a subset of the population.

And if you want to bring your set of ethics into the conversation then I'll bring in my set of morals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
That's called anecdotal evidence and we all have some and it's all inconsistent. When you find something a tad more scientific, I'll give your opinions a little more weight but until then it's merely hearsay.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:53 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,198,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
So you believe some criminals shouldn't be broadly labeled right? Afterall they're just a subset of the population.

And if you want to bring your set of ethics into the conversation then I'll bring in my set of morals.
Wow, you really have some issues towards homosexuals don't you?

My statement: Broad-labeling provides the foundation of hate
Your statement: some criminals shouldn't be broadly labeled right?

So, your comment is to basically say that homosexuals are indirectly the same as criminals, right?

Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,835 times
Omaha,

This exactly sums you up.

Yes, criminals can be labeled, but its because of their unlawful behavior.

Gays are NOT doing anything wrong or illegal! But to you they are! You can twist this into whatever you like but this boils down to one thing! You are a close minded bigot, who cannot stand the idea of someone living in a way that YOU don't approve of.

Its not even about the issue of gay marriage. This is about you hating an entire population, not because of wrongs they have committed, but because of "who" they are.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:59 PM

Default ...

Sounds like to me that OMahabounds church is also a hate group..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 PM

Yes, it does.

And I'm assuming its affiliated with the Westboro Baptist church in some way.

Nothing like having a "set of morals" that is based on hating an entire group of people. Hell, I'm agnostic and can even ask the question "what would Jesus do?"

Its such hypocritical BS that it astounds me. For every line in the flipping Bible that condemns gays there are 10 lines that would condemn everyone in the US to death for daily mundane tasks.

He literally, in his head, believes gays are evil and criminal-like. He's about like Hitler blaming the Jews for all of society's ills. I would suggest looking in the mirror. Blow hard fundamentalist hypocrisy would probably be at the top of my list! Thinkers like Omahabound fall in the same line as the radical muslims...NOT the same line as christ.

Be for or against gay marriage, whatever. But at least treat gay people with respect. To simply dismiss them as "not understanding physiology" or suggest they have less moral fortitude than himself, or that they are all sex fiends is just pathetic. And it shows his true colors.

Last edited by mattpoulsen; 04-25-2009 at 04:09 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Yes, it does.

And I'm assuming its affiliated with the Westboro Baptist church in some way.

Nothing like having a "set of morals" that is based on hating an entire group of people. Hell, I'm agnostic and can even ask the question "what would Jesus do?"

Its such hypocritical BS that it astounds me. For every line in the flipping Bible that condemns gays there are 10 lines that would condemn everyone in the US to death for daily mundane tasks.

He literally, in his head, believes gays are evil and criminal-like. He's about like Hitler blaming the Jews for all of society's ills. I would suggest looking in the mirror. Blow hard fundamentalist hypocrisy would probably be at the top of my list! Thinkers like Omahabound fall in the same line as the radical muslims...NOT the same line as christ.

Be for or against gay marriage, whatever. But at least treat gay people with respect. To simply dismiss them as "not understanding physiology" or suggest they have less moral fortitude than himself, or that they are all sex fiends is just pathetic. And it shows his true colors.

Quite frankly, I am appalled at his behavior. He is an example of a population in this country that is trying to establish a type of order in this country that falls in line with their belief system and to abolish other cultures..

They call this culture: 'American Culture'.. And this american culture that they believe in is one that believes all should abondon their own and go with this culture or they are anti-american..

This anti-american label is already strongly affiliated with homosexuals, despite the fact that homosexuals contribute greatly to america..

The way I see it is this: Omahabound and his commies can come at me all they want, but I already see what his happening in this country, and I will be waiting for them at my door..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM

I also love how he clings to the constitution and "what the founders" intended.

Well, if he would actually read anything the founders actually said. For example, the transcripts of the constitutional convention, NOTHING in those transcripts prescribed to an overarching need to cling to a theocratic mentality. In fact, they repeatedly wanted to take steps to keep that from happening.

One of their biggest fears (had by Madison, Jefferson, Mason, Pinckney and etc.) was the development of factions who could leverage their influence to take liberty away from others. Hmm...sound familiar!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
I also love how he clings to the constitution and "what the founders" intended.

Well, if he would actually read anything the founders actually said. For example, the transcripts of the constitutional convention, NOTHING in those transcripts prescribed to an overarching need to cling to a theocratic mentality. In fact, they repeatedly wanted to take steps to keep that from happening.

One of their biggest fears (had by Madison, Jefferson, Mason, Pinckney and etc.) was the development of factions who could leverage their influence to take liberty away from others. Hmm...sound familiar!
Jefferson did state:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Wow, you really have some issues towards homosexuals don't you?

My statement: Broad-labeling provides the foundation of hate
Your statement: some criminals shouldn't be broadly labeled right?

So, your comment is to basically say that homosexuals are indirectly the same as criminals, right?
I apply a label based on behavior. You take issue with it. My counter is would you not apply a broad label to criminals and let's get specific, violent felons. There is nothing in my previous comment or this saying the two are associated other than they are two groups of people that can have some broad labels applied to them based on their behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha