Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:47 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,478 times

Advertisements

So, does anyone want to make a wager as to whether or not he'll actually be there?

Burger, you can be the referee! And if someone does go then I think pictures are in order!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 05:02 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
So, does anyone want to make a wager as to whether or not he'll actually be there?

Burger, you can be the referee! And if someone does go then I think pictures are in order!
Absolutely, I have a buddy who lives right by zio's. We'll go check it out if I can.

And yes, there will be pictures! Maybe even an obnoxious counter protest.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And frankly, I think you're flat-out lying about Zios trying to with hold an employee paycheck in order to force him to take a test. Hogwash. It didn't happen.
And there's the point of the constant look-at-me-I'm-gay-the-world-victimizes-me attitude. Cry wolf too many times and people become skeptics.

Since he's so agenda-driven, my natural reaction to his complaint about Zio's is that he's only doing it because of his agenda and not because of a legitimate complaint.

I'm thinking the management/owner heard some gay commentary and provided their own non-PC-approved opinion on the matter and now the gays are going to protest the business.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Jesus, you're a bigot.

The guy is annoying because he's annoying. NOT because he's gay.

And I don't think you're a bigot because you're against gay marriage. I think you're a bigot because it is quite clear you hate and are disgusted by gays and you have done very little to hide that fact.

You just assume that the reason he had problems at work related to his "gayness." Really?? How easy it must be to just classify everyone by one simple label.

You accuse him of being "agenda driven." Yet YOU are the one who is obsessing about his "gayness" on a forum relating to business in Omaha. He is no more pro-gay agenda than you are anti-gay. Although, as obsessed as you are about his gayness maybe you have something you'd like to share with everyone??

Yet, you're going to reply by using some ridiculous circular reasoning about how "I'm bigoted and close minded" because I don't accept YOUR opinion on gays. Well, if that were the test no one could ever classify anyone as a bigot.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 PM

Burger,

I'll look forward to the pics.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
He went at 11 am, a bit late.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:05 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
He went at 11 am, a bit late.
They open right at 11am. I was there til 12noon like I said. I even survived one police call! I went back after work and picketed again from 7:30 til 8:30 tonight and survived 4 police calls. At one point I even had to deal with a total of 5 cops!! Protesters Rights!!! Now I know how dirty Zio's wants to play the game. Two can play this game!!! I can play even dirtier because the truth is on my side!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
They open right at 11am. I was there til 12noon like I said. I even survived one police call! I went back after work and picketed again from 7:30 til 8:30 tonight and survived 4 police calls. At one point I even had to deal with a total of 5 cops!! Protesters Rights!!! Now I know how dirty Zio's wants to play the game. Two can play this game!!! I can play even dirtier because the truth is on my side!!!

Yeah, I saw you there around noon.

But you looked pretty ticked, so I didn't hassle you.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:34 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
You don't need to insult him, insulting him won't change anything, you'll just be stirring the pot.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:05 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
You don't need to insult him, insulting him won't change anything, you'll just be stirring the pot.
This is how he wants to play. This is his true nature. His true colors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha