Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 9,698 times

Advertisements

Okay so I am losing my mind in this ****ty state. I do not get how women operate here. it is near impossible to find someone to date. It seems like almost every girl is socially awkward or just mentally disturbed in this state. It could be a Nebraskan thing.. I do not know. I have lived in different states and I had no trouble meeting women. In fact, a lot of women find me attractive except in this weird state. For some reason even the average girls think they're too good for everyone. I just do not get what is going on! Like do I have to look like a hillbilly or something to be attractive here? That is one more reason to make Nebraska a more horrible state. I thought dating would compensate for the lack of life and entertainment here since all people do is drink but obviously even dating is not an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 04:49 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
"I thought dating would compensate for the lack of life and entertainment here since all people do is drink but obviously even dating is not an option."

Mutbe you need to hang out at places where alcohol is not being consumed .

Old 02-04-2018, 09:23 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,048,910 times
Expectations have been raised across the board, and that's been true for both genders but it seems especially true for women. We can thank the media: magazines, movies, television, etc.

How high was the bar set with garbage shows like "Sex in the City", let alone the hundreds out there which subliminally message women that if they need to only go for the 6'4" lean, muscular, (pick your favorite hair color), blue eyed doctor/lawyer and that "settling" for anything "less" is the end of the world.

How many women reach their mid-30's childless and washed up because they keep trying to find some mythical 11 when they could've easily "settled" for a fantastic '7' of a guy who would've made a wonderful husband & father to her children? My guess is that you'll find that situation in the millions now.

It's all hogwash, but society is definitely feeling the brunt of it. Just look at our birth rates. I would've supposed things are better in the mid-west, but by your post it seems the media poison has spread there too.

And hey, I know some of all this may sound "harsh" to some of the people reading this but don't shoot the messenger here, just observe the world around us a little more and it'll become clear.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:42 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Expectations have been raised across the board, and that's been true for both genders but it seems especially true for women. We can thank the media: magazines, movies, television, etc.

How high was the bar set with garbage shows like "Sex in the City", let alone the hundreds out there which subliminally message women that if they need to only go for the 6'4" lean, muscular, (pick your favorite hair color), blue eyed doctor/lawyer and that "settling" for anything "less" is the end of the world.

How many women reach their mid-30's childless and washed up because they keep trying to find some mythical 11 when they could've easily "settled" for a fantastic '7' of a guy who would've made a wonderful husband & father to her children? My guess is that you'll find that situation in the millions now.

It's all hogwash, but society is definitely feeling the brunt of it. Just look at our birth rates. I would've supposed things are better in the mid-west, but by your post it seems the media poison has spread there too.

And hey, I know some of all this may sound "harsh" to some of the people reading this but don't shoot the messenger here, just observe the world around us a little more and it'll become clear.

That about sums it up. I remember when i was younger and I would hear my my friends sisters or my moms friends talk about the guys they wanted to meet. The description was pretty much the same good looking tall muscular, rich and good in bed. Lol some of them looked like Mrs. Potato-head yet they were gonna marry a doctor or a lawyer. I guess if they could suck start a Harley they may get a guy like that. For a while at least. And btw lots of times doctors and lawyers look rich but are in huge debt.

Also today my wife’s or family’s single female friends/relatives tend to keep looking for that Mr Rich and Wonderful.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 02-04-2018 at 10:13 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 09:53 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,048,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
And btw lots of times doctors and lawyers look rich but are in huge debt.
I was most recently dating a girl with a Ph.D. a couple weeks back and I'm glad it ended. Sure she made fantastic money but was looking down the pipeline of a LIFETIME of student loans that just ate her salary to pieces to the point where her net was less than mine, and she still rented despite working the same job for half a decade now. Talk about wasted equity, but to be sure that landlord is throwing all that cash she's paying him into his own kids' college fund. HAHA! She was 32, no kids yet still wanting to wait a couple years, not exactly a spring chicken though the photo of her at 24-ish was stunning.

I'm just a humble sparky like yourself, doing quite well, but a lot of women drop interest after they hear what I do for work. They think I'm broke or something, but I've got my own house and am looking at a rental property or three while they're living paycheck to paycheck (women were always trained to just marry a guy for money so I've never met one who know how to save money let alone to invest it...maybe that's out there though, maybe).

Oh well, she and many of these other women have had their chances but guys like me in my very early 30's are just now hitting their stride. I'm well established career-wise, have a sweet little side hustle, hoping to be a landlord as well within the year, and got nothing but increased wages and prospects ahead with an ever expanding network, both business and social.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:45 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
You are getting older, get used to it.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:44 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,688 posts, read 57,994,855 times
I am so glad myself, or my kids never bothered with 'dating'.... there are so many more rich ways to develop and nurture lasting relationships. Nebraska has some unique venues that would make for great times!

At age 30... you are about 12 yrs behind the 'social bent for 'dating''. (Certainly wasn't good at age 18 (or age 12) either!)

You're 'Burning Daylight', 'spinning your wheels', 'striking OUT'... Time to step out in front of that process and not get hit by the train

Old 02-06-2018, 09:24 PM

6 posts, read 12,785 times
I’ll be moving to Omaha for a new job in a few weeks, so this topic does make me a little curious. How are you meeting women there? What’s the daygame / nightgame scene like?

Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
Yep, you’ll find many non-approachables here. Dating has a different culture in the Midwest. People tend to stay within their own social circles, and standoffish to people they don’t know well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz_iii View Post
I’ll be moving to Omaha for a new job in a few weeks, so this topic does make me a little curious. How are you meeting women there? What’s the daygame / nightgame scene like?
You’ll find many in the buffet lines at restaurants. Nightgame: maybe try the candy aisle at Wally Mart.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:09 PM

6 posts, read 12,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
You’ll find many in the buffet lines at restaurants. Nightgame: maybe try the candy aisle at Wally Mart.
Lol. Sounds hot. I’m coming from the suburbs outside of Philadelphia, so it’s a mix of all different types of people. I hear people are supposed to be nice in the Midwest. But they say the same about Canada and the first thing I saw there was a bar fight. We’ll see how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha