U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 8,257 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Omaha this summer and my husband's job is in Lincoln. We would like to live in SW Omaha to make my commute 15v negative comments on "apartmentratings.com" that have made us concerned about safety in some of the units, but we cannot tell if the upset people are just way over represented or if the apartment companies with good reviews are just writing their own "reviews." We would love to find an apartment tomorrow, and would really like any help with info from people who really like their apartments in SW omaha or have friends who do, or from people who know of apartments that may not be as well advertised online that have nice ammenities (pool, fireplaces, w/d in unit, etc). Thanks so much for any help!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM

2,716 posts, read 4,635,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frommsp View Post
I am moving to Omaha this summer and my husband's job is in Lincoln. We would like to live in SW Omaha to make my commute 15v negative comments on "apartmentratings.com" that have made us concerned about safety in some of the units, but we cannot tell if the upset people are just way over represented or if the apartment companies with good reviews are just writing their own "reviews." We would love to find an apartment tomorrow, and would really like any help with info from people who really like their apartments in SW omaha or have friends who do, or from people who know of apartments that may not be as well advertised online that have nice ammenities (pool, fireplaces, w/d in unit, etc). Thanks so much for any help!!!!!!
Definitely look in the LaVista area. Along giles and Harrison streets (120th to 84th). Nice apartments, decent tenants, and safe areas. You can also hop onto the interstate to head to Lincoln easily. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 PM

843 posts, read 773,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Definitely look in the LaVista area. Along giles and Harrison streets (120th to 84th). Nice apartments, decent tenants, and safe areas. You can also hop onto the interstate to head to Lincoln easily. Good luck.
You will be ok in this area. I currently live at Brentwood Park Apartments at 108th and Giles, and my grandmother does too. My feelings are mixed on it... but safety is definitely not a concern. Gas is paid, washer/dryer is included, the pool is nice... and yes, its close to the interstate, and the traffic (or relative lack thereof) is a dream. That said, it has many issues that most apartments have - cheap construction, half-a**ed maintenance, noisy and/or sloppy neighbors. I have also lived at Tara Hills Villas. If you are interested in either one of these send me a message and I will let you know the pros and cons of both. I will say that after looking at the reviews on that site, that they have things I've either experienced and can confirm or have heard from other former residents.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 AM

7 posts, read 9,138 times
Even though I do not live in SW Omaha I would suggest you take a look at apartments managed by Broadmoor. I am currently living in one of their apartment communities and I am pleased with the product they provide. I can not vouch for all of their communities but my apartment is nice, well maintained, the grounds are well kept, and the staff is very proactive with any complaints you may have.

The downside is that the apartments may cost a little bit more than what your budget may allow, but if not they are worth taking a look at.

Apartments for Rent - Broadmoor Apartment Communities (http://www.broadmoor.cc/default.asp - broken link)

Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 AM

Does anyone know anything about Thomasville apartments? they are managed by broadmoore and their ammenities look really nice, but they have a handful of negative reviews on the apartment rating website. Also, anyone know of any other properties with an indoor pool or hottub? Thanks again for everything! I am so impressed with how quckly people respond to questions with helpful info

Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM

2,583 posts, read 7,084,161 times
Take a look at these other discussion threads on City-Data regarding apartments in SW Omaha (incl Ralston/LaVista/Papillion area)... you should find a lot of relevant information.

Moving to omaha soon. Need info

Running out of time!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frommsp View Post
Does anyone know anything about Thomasville apartments? they are managed by broadmoore and their ammenities look really nice, but they have a handful of negative reviews on the apartment rating website. Also, anyone know of any other properties with an indoor pool or hottub? Thanks again for everything! I am so impressed with how quckly people respond to questions with helpful info
YES! Do not move there unless you and your hubby are party animals. It's a nice place for the 18-25 crowd. It's loud, there are car break in's, etc. Nice pool and has a bar, though. I wouldn't advise looking there even know it is a Broadmoor property. They, themselves, would probably tell you the same.

Broadmoor has properties for people of all incomes and age groups. Some good, some not so good. That one is not so good.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 AM

84 posts, read 147,000 times
What other apartments in the area are for the early to mid 20 year old people? I am moving to Omaha within a month and I am also looking to find an apt. unfortunately, every website rating has either a terrible rating or a very good rating and I never know what to trust. Any and all information would be helpful!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Does anyone know of apartmetns with an indoor hottub? I know this sounds silly, but my husband and I really enjoy having a hottub available. Looking to stay in SW or W Omaha, ralston, la vista, papillion, etc. We found a great place, but they have an income cap that we exceeded, and now are looking for another place.
Thanks!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
What other apartments in the area are for the early to mid 20 year old people? I am moving to Omaha within a month and I am also looking to find an apt. unfortunately, every website rating has either a terrible rating or a very good rating and I never know what to trust. Any and all information would be helpful!
Aksarben Village - Aksarben Village

Thomasville - mostly young people, it's kind of loud there, though. www.broadmoor.cc

Midtown Crossing if you can wait a few months - Midtown Crossing at Turner Park

There is also Lions Head, Vanderbuilt, and Builtmoor apartments at 120th Blondo. Nice area and nice apartments.

You would enjoy anywhere downtown as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha