U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:05 AM

3,340 posts, read 8,710,476 times

Advertisements

Yeah I've had someone in my neighborhood who's been shooting stuff off for the past several nights. At around 11. Woooo.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 AM

13,943 posts, read 19,172,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
There are cops in Omaha?
Only about a thousand of them.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 PM

76 posts, read 121,927 times
I know this is an old thread, but instead of starting a new one, I thought i'd bump this one since it's got some discussion around my question. Is there anything that can seriously be done about someone who is lighting fireworks off well ahead of the 4th of July and late into the night. We've had people lighting fireworks off till midnight or later the last few nights...it's not even July yet. I still have to get up and work and it's bad enough that they drive my dogs nuts, but they are waking up my 1 year old daughter as well now. I have no problems with people lighting them off on the 4th and a day or two before/after, but this is a little much.

Obviously fireworks are legal in Nebraska, but there has to be a reasonable limit to shooting them off when it's not the holiday. Could the cops come and warn them for disturbing the peace or something like that? Or am I just SOL?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM

181 posts, read 283,883 times
Deal with it.

I have tried. The police and sheriff tell you they have more priority calls to deal with.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,702,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Weston View Post
I know this is an old thread, but instead of starting a new one, I thought i'd bump this one since it's got some discussion around my question. Is there anything that can seriously be done about someone who is lighting fireworks off well ahead of the 4th of July and late into the night. We've had people lighting fireworks off till midnight or later the last few nights...it's not even July yet. I still have to get up and work and it's bad enough that they drive my dogs nuts, but they are waking up my 1 year old daughter as well now. I have no problems with people lighting them off on the 4th and a day or two before/after, but this is a little much.

Obviously fireworks are legal in Nebraska, but there has to be a reasonable limit to shooting them off when it's not the holiday. Could the cops come and warn them for disturbing the peace or something like that? Or am I just SOL?
A week before and a week after you're pretty much SOL.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:36 AM

262 posts, read 878,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Weston View Post
I have no problems with people lighting them off on the 4th and a day or two before/after, but this is a little much.
Fireworks are 100% legal between June 25-July 4 and you can shoot them off as late as 11PM (as late as 1AM on July 4th) http://www.cityofomaha.org/cityclerk...0Fireworks.pdf
http://bellinofireworks.co/index.php...he-omaha-metro

I agree that somebody shooting them off at midnight in June is a bit much, but I doubt you're going to get anybody to do anything about it. I've never understood why people let these noises bother them....turn on a fan or another white noise generator and go back to sleep.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighusker View Post
I agree that somebody shooting them off at midnight in June is a bit much, but I doubt you're going to get anybody to do anything about it. I've never understood why people let these noises bother them....turn on a fan or another white noise generator and go back to sleep.
Or... People could just follow the ordinance and be respectful of their neighbors.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM

59 posts, read 83,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
Or... People could just follow the ordinance and be respectful of their neighbors.
We used to have some neighbors across the street from our backyard who would go to Missouri every summer to get fireworks. When they lit them off, all the debris would rain down into our yard and we would have to go pick up all the paper, plastic and cardboard chunks the next morning.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcyanide View Post
We used to have some neighbors across the street from our backyard who would go to Missouri every summer to get fireworks. When they lit them off, all the debris would rain down into our yard and we would have to go pick up all the paper, plastic and cardboard chunks the next morning.

I hope you stepped over your own principals and threw the litter back over the fence.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,702,825 times
I never understood why people feel the need to get their undies in a twist over a whopping 2 weeks out of a year. We dont light off fireworks usually, but I'm not bothered with pre-4th festivities, people are out having FUN. Could be worse, here in FL they do firework stands for pretty much any major holiday.

And yes, my yard gets a little littered with bottle rocket sticks, guess what, i pick them up and get over it. There are bigger things to worry myself about than a 5 minute pickup of trash in my yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or