U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 AM

181 posts, read 284,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I never understood why people feel the need to get their undies in a twist over a whopping 2 weeks out of a year. We dont light off fireworks usually, but I'm not bothered with pre-4th festivities, people are out having FUN. Could be worse, here in FL they do firework stands for pretty much any major holiday.

And yes, my yard gets a little littered with bottle rocket sticks, guess what, i pick them up and get over it. There are bigger things to worry myself about than a 5 minute pickup of trash in my yard.
When I was a kid, my father made me get up with the sun on the 5th, and clean up my yard, the street, and the neighbors yards.

Most people just leave their mess in their own yard as well with everywhere else.

It still boils down to respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 AM

59 posts, read 83,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
When I was a kid, my father made me get up with the sun on the 5th, and clean up my yard, the street, and the neighbors yards.

Most people just leave their mess in their own yard as well with everywhere else.

I can't figure out why, but the fact that many people in my neighborhood are content with letting debris sit in their yard for days is actually more irritating than it ending up in my yard. I think it's partly due to the fact that many of the properties in my neighborhood are languishing under their current owners...

Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,706,047 times
Quote:

Respect? You have no idea where that bottle rocket goes, you gonna tag it all with your name? Again, I guess I just have bigger things to worry about than if a bottle rocket remainder is in my yard.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:29 AM

181 posts, read 284,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Respect? You have no idea where that bottle rocket goes, you gonna tag it all with your name? Again, I guess I just have bigger things to worry about than if a bottle rocket remainder is in my yard.
Don't be obtuse. Of course some of my bottle rocket sticks were many houses away. But the fact remains, between the street, my yard, and the neighbors, I picked up more trash than I created.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM

906 posts, read 1,539,314 times
Quote:
I picked up more trash than I created.
Pollution/littering is more or less a way of life in Omaha. You could be picking up trash for the rest of your life if you're willing.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy1 View Post
I grew up shooting off fireworks in Omaha and I still do today. Never had the cops called but there are always "those neighbors".
And I bet anything that YOU are "one of those neighbors," that has absolutely ZERO common courtesy for fellow neighbors and you're out there blowing up your money 7 nights in a row till at least 11pm, WHEN your neighbors have jobs in the morning and need sleep AND they have little babies that go to bed early like they need to BUT "neighbors like YOU," are outside playing Pyro maniac keeping everyone awake! Absolutely asinine how loud and completely unnecessary these loud ones are. I feel so bad for all the little babies like my 1 year old girl whose been real sick the last 3 weeks and desperately needs her 10-12 hours of sleep but CAN'T even get 6 hours because of jack@sses like you! It's ridiculous to let people to this for 7 days and until 11pm! It gets dark around 8:30-9pm, NO reason you need till 11pm to keep being an @ss!

Old 07-08-2016, 07:48 PM

149 posts, read 131,919 times
Wow, you must be fun at parties...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or