U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,824 times

Advertisements

welcome to omaha! use cox communications..im a 25/m lived here my whole life know where most of the spots or and events..email me if you have any questions finkle6@aol.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:29 AM

7 posts, read 13,563 times
Hi, my husband, children and I are planning to move in to Omaha around Christmas.

We are wondering if it's a good idea to go there driving on I-80 from New York City.

Could somebody tell us how is this trip from NYC to Omaha, NE around December 18th?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 AM

187 posts, read 581,373 times
I've never driven east of Illinois on I-80, but I'm sure the drive will be just fine. I don't know how long the drive is from New York to Omaha but you need to take into consideration road conditions and stuff like that. Icy roads in December may hinder how long you can drive in a day.

Best of luck with preparations and the move.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM

119 posts, read 385,984 times
FWIW... I've only heard of I-80 closing due to snow or ice west of Omaha or Lincoln. I wouldn't think you'd have a lot of trouble unless a really bad storm swept through.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 13,563 times
Hi, we are planning to travel to Omaha from NYC by car this Christmas. We stay 2 days in Pennsylvania (Dec. 23th and 24th) and depart to Omaha on Dec 25th and arrive to Omaha on Dec. 27th. Does somebody know what we could expect about this travel?. (Our children are 9 and 11 yrs old and they are traveling with us). We would like to know about the route, things to do, etc. We never have gotten that kind of trip.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 PM

109 posts, read 227,492 times
I have made your trip part of the way (to Eastern Michigan where my wife's family resides), and the worst part of the trip is the section in Gary Indiana- Chicago IL. In this section the expressway (The Borman) consists of both I-80 and I-94 and also intersects with I-90 and I-65. Also there is construction around the intersection with I-65. We were stuck once for 2 and 1/2 hours at 11:00AM becuase the far left lane was closed becuase a truck spilled debris on the road. Also, if you end up coming on a weekday during rush hour expect delays just for the traffic! I have nver been on I-80 East of Indiana so I cannot help you there. West of Chicago is an EASY trip if the weather is OK.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,130,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulceconsuelo View Post
Hi, we are planning to travel to Omaha from NYC by car this Christmas. We stay 2 days in Pennsylvania (Dec. 23th and 24th) and depart to Omaha on Dec 25th and arrive to Omaha on Dec. 27th. Does somebody know what we could expect about this travel?. (Our children are 9 and 11 yrs old and they are traveling with us). We would like to know about the route, things to do, etc. We never have gotten that kind of trip.
It really depends where you're going to be in Pennsylvania. I've driven from the Northeast to Omaha a half dozen times. If you're staying in northern Pennsylvania, just take I-80 west all the way to Omaha. If you're in the Philly-York-Harrisburg or Pittsburgh areas, take I-70 west all the way to Indianapolis, and then take the beltway around Indy to I-74. Take I-74 northwest all the way to the Quad Cities area (Moline, Davenport area), and pick up I-80 through Iowa to Omaha.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,653,634 times
Not sure about the Cox in Omaha but compared to Comcast I am not impressed with Cox Cable AT ALL. I am thinking of switching to dish myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Silver View Post
Dish is cheaper.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,118,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Not sure about the Cox in Omaha but compared to Comcast I am not impressed with Cox Cable AT ALL. I am thinking of switching to dish myself.
I'm there myself.

I'm not particularly fond of Cox. Their cable TV service is okay, but our internet service has SUCKED. I finally got them to admit that they have a serious problem in "this particular area" of the city. To their credit, they've been working on it, but it's still not stellar.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,653,634 times
If you have ever experienced Comcast you would know that Cox falls short in every area. The free movie selection is a joke and they don't even provide many new releases either. There is a lot of room for improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or