U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Downtown Omaha
1,362 posts, read 3,030,819 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

This isn't about homosexuality. It's about uncivil, hateful and immature behavior.
True. However you're saying that these parade goers (I don't know how that equals activist) are capable of violence when in fact it was not any of them/us that were arrested for being violent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yes, you're right. I'm impossible. It's not possible for you to BS me. Thanks for the complement.


Did you, or did you not, say that you shot the video you posted 2 blocks away from where the assault took place?

And that being the case, how did you end up 10 feet from the silly wagon - 2 blocks away from the assault (I refer you to your comment in Post #30) - if you were not following the church group?
Wow. I don't know how much more plain I can make this for you. We were at the same corner for the duration of the parade. Something I can easily prove. We didn't follow anyone around. We walked from where we were at the parade (the whole time) to the riverfront and ran into these guys again where they were standing with the police. It seems you are the one looking for a conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Wow. I don't know how much more plain I can make this for you. We were at the same corner for the duration of the parade. Something I can easily prove. We didn't follow anyone around. We walked from where we were at the parade (the whole time) to the riverfront and ran into these guys again where they were standing with the police. It seems you are the one looking for a conspiracy.

No, you were NOT at the same corner for the duration of the parade. You just said so yourself. Again.

1. You were standing within 10 feet of the wagon guys when the "assault" took place. There are pictures to prove that.

2. You were standing within 10 feet of him again when you shot the video you posted. YOU are the one who said you shot the video 2 blocks from where the assault took place.


But still you insist that you stood on the same street corner the entire time. Hmmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
True. However you're saying that these parade goers (I don't know how that equals activist) are capable of violence when in fact it was not any of them/us that were arrested for being violent.
Thank you. You are the one single homosexual who is smart enough to understand that this isn't some homophobic rant.

Please inform your friends Smithy & Ehenningson that homophobia does not lurk behind every corner, so they can stop using that as an excuse for irresponsible behavior.


The entirety of my comments - throughout this thread - have centered around hateful, vengeful and immature behavior. I appreciate the fact that you left the video up, so that everyone can watch it and see people circling around, screaming and yelling at, and insulting one guy in a white shirt. THAT is the behavior that uncivil and unacceptable.

Furthermore, you are using the behavior of other people as an excuse for your own behavior (or the behavior of other homosexuals). But that is absurd and self-defeating. That's like saying that if you punched me in the nose, it'd be perfectly fine for me to go punch your grandma in the nose. Because, after all, you started it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Downtown Omaha
1,362 posts, read 3,030,819 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No, you were NOT at the same corner for the duration of the parade. You just said so yourself. Again.

1. You were standing within 10 feet of the wagon guys when the "assault" took place. There are pictures to prove that.

2. You were standing within 10 feet of him again when you shot the video you posted. YOU are the one who said you shot the video 2 blocks from where the assault took place.


But still you insist that you stood on the same street corner the entire time. Hmmmm...
Do you not have any comprehension? I was on the same corner for the whole parade. We never followed those guys around the parade. We ran into them again after the parade was finished where the other guy was being arrested and the other guy was still on the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Thank you. You are the one single homosexual who is smart enough to understand that this isn't some homophobic rant.

Please inform your friends Smithy & Ehenningson that homophobia does not lurk behind every corner, so they can stop using that as an excuse for irresponsible behavior.


The entirety of my comments - throughout this thread - have centered around hateful, vengeful and immature behavior. I appreciate the fact that you left the video up, so that everyone can watch it and see people circling around, screaming and yelling at, and insulting one guy in a white shirt. THAT is the behavior that uncivil and unacceptable.

Furthermore, you are using the behavior of other people as an excuse for your own behavior (or the behavior of other homosexuals). But that is absurd and self-defeating. That's like saying that if you punched me in the nose, it'd be perfectly fine for me to go punch your grandma in the nose. Because, after all, you started it!
I don't plan on taking the video down. The behavior of any of the people in the video isn't any different from any other group of protesters/counter-protesters/street demonstrators I've ever seen. People were upset about the physical behavior of the protesters and let them know about it verbally. Not physically like the the guys with the wagon did.

If there was some christian parade and I was standing there with some sign saying "**** jesus" I have every right to do that and people that didn't feel the same would have every right to verbalize how they feel, but neither of us has the right to touch the other one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
 
1,145 posts, read 1,278,869 times
Reputation: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I was still mostly right. I went through every page in this thread to find it but I noticed some of your quoted posts are gone and some of your posts are self edited. Very telling. Luckily someone quoted your now missing post.

While you may not have said "burned down" (it was actually someone else) you did say this though.
He DID write "burn down". I specifically remember it, and that's why I used the quotations. If he's going to back-track and edit his words, he's already proven himself to be less than honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Do you not have any comprehension? I was on the same corner for the whole parade. We never followed those guys around the parade. We ran into them again after the parade was finished where the other guy was being arrested and the other guy was still on the corner.



I don't plan on taking the video down. The behavior of any of the people in the video isn't any different from any other group of protesters/counter-protesters/street demonstrators I've ever seen.
People were upset about the physical behavior of the protesters and let them know about it verbally. Not physically like the the guys with the wagon did.

If there was some christian parade and I was standing there with some sign saying "**** jesus" I have every right to do that and people that didn't feel the same would have every right to verbalize how they feel, but neither of us has the right to touch the other one.
1. Your story keeps changing.

2. I'm glad you're not taking the video down, because pretty much everyone who watches it will come to the same conclusion as the non-homosexuals who have already watched it.

3. Well, I can't say how these "pride parades" are supposed to work. I don't participate in, or go to, any of them. But I'm pretty sure that if you and your boyfriend went to a Christian Pride Parade and held up a sign that said "**** Jesus" you'd get some sort of a response - even if that response was that everybody ignored you. But the great part about it is that you could always play the martyr and say that those mean old christians were picking on you because you're gay.



Here's the deal. YOU say that the behavior of those in the video was perfectly acceptable. I say that it was hateful, vengeful, immature and inappropriate. We both think we're right.

However, I don't think there's any way you can say it's okay to use somebody else's bad behavior to justify your own horrible behavior. Or at least I'd hope you're mature enough to not think that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
He DID write "burn down". I specifically remember it, and that's why I used the quotations. If he's going to back-track and edit his words, he's already proven himself to be less than honest.
LOL!!!!!! I just reiterated the same thing a couple posts ago! Is there something about it that you don't understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
 
1,145 posts, read 1,278,869 times
Reputation: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
1. Your story keeps changing.

2. I'm glad you're not taking the video down, because pretty much everyone who watches it will come to the same conclusion as the non-homosexuals who have already watched it.

3. Well, I can't say how these "pride parades" are supposed to work. I don't participate in, or go to, any of them. But I'm pretty sure that if you and your boyfriend went to a Christian Pride Parade and held up a sign that said "**** Jesus" you'd get some sort of a response - even if that response was that everybody ignored you. But the great part about it is that you could always play the martyr and say that those mean old christians were picking on you because you're gay.



Here's the deal. YOU say that the behavior of those in the video was perfectly acceptable. I say that it was hateful, vengeful, immature and inappropriate. We both think we're right.

However, I don't think there's any way you can say it's okay to use somebody else's bad behavior to justify your own horrible behavior. Or at least I'd hope you're mature enough to not think that.
I guess the police thought otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
 
1,145 posts, read 1,278,869 times
Reputation: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
LOL!!!!!! I just reiterated the same thing a couple posts ago! Is there something about it that you don't understand?
No, but there's much about the gay community that you don't understand, but instead of trying, you'd rather side with people who commit assaults against us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Downtown Omaha
1,362 posts, read 3,030,819 times
Reputation: 494
I haven't changed my story once. You keep trying to find ways to twist it and it's not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top