U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,192,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
"This church group didn't have a permit..."
What church group? I see one guy in the video. You claim there were two. Now it's a "church group"?

Maybe the other guys not there because he got ARRESTED!!!!!!!!!

You're either very slow or willfully ignorant.

The parade was last saturday and started at 11. The arrest would have been between 11 and 11:30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,100,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Maybe the other guys not there because he got ARRESTED!!!!!!!!!

You're either very slow or willfully ignorant.

The parade was last saturday and started at 11. The arrest would have been between 11 and 11:30.
He got arrested, but there's no record of him being arrested?

Here's the short article in the World Herald. No mention of an assault or an arrest.

Quote:
Lewis & Clark Landing on Omaha's riverfront was adorned with rainbow flags Saturday as more than 1,000 people gathered to celebrate gay pride.
The festival with food and music followed a parade in which hundreds marched along 10th Street downtown to Heartland of America Park.
Bryan Moredick, 29, emphatically described the celebration's turnout as "awesome."
Chuck Vrana, 51, said the day's activities symbolized freedom and pride.
"I'm proud of who I am despite what anyone else says," Vrana said. "God made me who I am."

Old 06-25-2009, 02:37 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,128,759 times
[quote=Happygolucky;9449140]Was that the guy pulling the wagon?

[/QUOTE

He most certainly WAS part of a church protest. Under the law, even one person holding up a sign in protest of anything constitutes an act of protest.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM

[quote=smithy77;9465631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Was that the guy pulling the wagon?

[/QUOTE

He most certainly WAS part of a church protest. Under the law, even one person holding up a sign in protest of anything constitutes an act of protest.
So let me get this straight. Two guys staged a church protest?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM

This is the closest thing I can find to me saying that people were jeering him for not stopping his friend and I didn't even say that was why they were doing it.

Quote:
Also the people shouting at the man in the video have just a much right to yell at him and insult him. And they should. He didn't do anything to stop his friend from attacking that woman so why shouldn't he have to deal with the consequences.
If the paper couldn't bother to write more than a few sentances about 2 days worth of activities I doubt they would report everything that happened. Also this incident happened along a parade route from the Western Heritage Musuem to the Riverfront. Not everyone would be right around there to see what happened. That's just logistical but so far you haven't shown yourself to be to logical in your thinking on this incident.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
This is the closest thing I can find to me saying that people were jeering him for not stopping his friend and I didn't even say that was why they were doing it.

If the paper couldn't bother to write more than a few sentances about 2 days worth of activities I doubt they would report everything that happened. Also this incident happened along a parade route from the Western Heritage Musuem to the Riverfront. Not everyone would be right around there to see what happened. That's just logistical but so far you haven't shown yourself to be to logical in your thinking on this incident.
And if the woman didn't press charges, then there's no report.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 PM

I really didn't want to say this but I'm going to.

You're also showing some bigotry since you assume that if any gay person would know where these men lived or went to church that it would be burned down

BUT

you can't for one reason believe that one of the christian guys, one you vouched for as being a nice guy, couldn't possibly have assaulted a woman?

That is extreme prejudice. You have no basis to say that a gay person would commit arson to one of these men but I tell you first hand of one of them assaulting some and you don't believe it.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM

[quote=Omaha Rocks;9465691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post

So let me get this straight. Two guys staged a church protest?
Yes.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I really didn't want to say this but I'm going to.

You're also showing some bigotry since you assume that if any gay person would know where these men lived or went to church that it would be burned down

BUT

you can't for one reason believe that one of the christian guys, one you vouched for as being a nice guy, couldn't possibly have assaulted a woman?

That is extreme prejudice. You have no basis to say that a gay person would commit arson to one of these men but I tell you first hand of one of them assaulting some and you don't believe it.
Oh boy, here comes the "we're victims" mantra...

Look, I'm telling you that the people you got on video tape were acting like a bunch of deranged, hateful lunatics. You deny it.

You're saying they were only mad because he didn't stop his friend from assaulting a woman - something for which the man was allegedly arrested, even though there's absolutely no evidence of any such assault or arrest.

Now this.

So... If you want to close your ears and eyes to how other people see you, go ahead. If you want to hold on to the tired old, "We're victims" rhetoric, go ahead. But believe me, you're doing FAR more damage to your image and reputation than the good you think you're doing. Frankly, I'm kind of happy that you posted that video on YouTube. People deserve to see how gay-rights people behave at their parades...

Old 06-25-2009, 02:59 PM

[quote=smithy77;9465960]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Yes.
Doesn't sound like much of a church. Sounds more like you're trying to make mountains out of molehills.

So what is the name of this tiny little church? Did you get that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha