U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 02:07 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,137,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Right.

It's VERY LIKELY that Brookeside Church is actually a SAFE HAVEN for murderers and gang-bangers, right?

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!
Not that I can speak for the entire congregation. But I know someone that went there, who is FUG-CRAZY. Like probably should be in jail crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,102,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I was visiting a friend that lives in the neighborhood between Leavenworth and Pacific around 26th Street. We had to park a block away from their house and when we left it was dark. Not once did I fear anything. It was quiet, nobody was outside waiting to harrass us. It was like most quiet neighborhoods. It's a perfect example of a neighborhood that looks rougher than it is.
Right.

One of the biggest problems is that too many people have been watching movies like Bronson's "Death Wish" series, and they actually think everything east of 90th St is just like that. Then you throw in a little veiled racism and you've got a perfect recipe for White Fright Flight.

It's not about reality, but perceptions.

Shoot, if it was really THAT bad, I'd assume Warren Buffet wouldn't want to live over here.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 PM

13,903 posts, read 19,076,418 times
Well, look at this.

Woman Says Her Lifestyle Got Cousin Killed - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/24011863/detail.html - broken link)

Right from the horse's (figuratively speaking...kinda) mouth. This was not random violence, but rather a dispute between gang members that led to this most recent shooting. Once again proving that with the vast majority of Eastern Omaha you will be completely safe, unless you're involved in gang and/or drug activity.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 AM

152 posts, read 317,244 times
.....of which there is a lot of in South Omaha. (Not the mention the stray bullet from that shooting that shattered a passing cars glass).

Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Right.

It's VERY LIKELY that Brookeside Church is actually a SAFE HAVEN for murderers and gang-bangers, right?

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!

considering Brookside church of Omaha Nebraska is a Bill Hybels controlled willow creek association http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...te=NE&Country= worshipping church, it is possible.

the willow creek association churches will pander to anyone and be seeker-friendly and do whatever the world want them to do and be like regardless of the spirtual or ethical consequences.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 06-24-2010 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
.....of which there is a lot of in South Omaha. (Not the mention the stray bullet from that shooting that shattered a passing cars glass).
7 murders in 2 years. Obviously this is a huge pandemic and we should just quarantine the area.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM

6 posts, read 10,973 times
hey everyone....just wanted to get some insight on a few things....
first....anyone know of The Rorick Apartments on 604 South 22nd Street? they are a really great price for the amenities, and the insides seem to be really nice as well...what kind of area is this?
Second...I've been looking for places with washer and dryer included, but that seems to really raise the price...I did a quick search and found a Wash World that does fluff and fold student plans for a good price, comparred to having a WD in unit and not having to deal with the laundry facilities....any thoughts? anyone ever used their services? thanks for any help again =)

Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Lauren View Post
hey everyone....just wanted to get some insight on a few things....
first....anyone know of The Rorick Apartments on 604 South 22nd Street? they are a really great price for the amenities, and the insides seem to be really nice as well...what kind of area is this?
The Rorick used to be pretty rough awhile back, but they've really rehabbed the property pretty well in the last 5 years or so, and as a result it seems to be a fairly nice place to live.

I know that DTO Luv used to (and maybe still does) live in the Rorick. Hopefully he'll stop by soon and gave a firsthand take on it.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 AM

152 posts, read 317,244 times
The Rorick is on the edge of a bad area -- try the Orpheum apts instead.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM

6 posts, read 10,973 times
What about the Capital Hill Apartments? its says they are walking distance to creighton...all the apartments are also Studiod, which makes me assume this is a very student-vacated place (which I'm not really looking for) I'm going to be in a very intense program and want to be somewhere that doesn't have constant parties and noise all hours of the night.

I also found the Union Plaza apartments....good price and seems like a good location? Although when I looked at the street view on google maps, it looked like it may be a bit of a rough area. thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or