U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,402 times
Default Omaha tour

I am visiting Omaha, NE in 3 weeks with family. I wanted to take a tour, and see Warren Buffets Home. Where is it located in Nebraska and address, I cant believe he still lives in the same house. My uncle told me somewhere on S 55 ST or so. Hope someone can help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 AM

152 posts, read 208,307 times
It almost sounds "stalkerish" to want to drive by his house.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM

10,852 posts, read 9,321,035 times
Oh give me a break dude.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM

210 posts, read 335,316 times
I owned a house in the early 90's on "H" Street. House was broken into once and my truck was broken into another time. Has South Omaha turned around at all?

Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
I owned a house in the early 90's on "H" Street. House was broken into once and my truck was broken into another time. Has South Omaha turned around at all?
No - it's worse.

Update: Homicide Victim Identified

10 Children Taken From Home

6/14/2010 - Subway Attempted Robbery [SIZE=2]On Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:50 p.m. officers were called to 5005 Center Street, Subway, to investigate an attempted robbery. Employees told officers that a suspect entered the store and gave them a note demanding money from the register. The employees then ran into the back and the suspect fled to a bicycle he left nearby.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The suspect potentially lives in the immediate area and had been observed at nearby businesses prior to the robbery attempt at Subway.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Detectives have obtained the video from the restaurant and are looking for assistance in identifying the suspect.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Suspect:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]White male suspect, approximately 50 years of age, skinny / slender build, approximately 5’ 06” to 5’ 09”, wearing blue jeans, grey t-shirt and a Cleveland Indians ball cap[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]RB# 20439-Y[/SIZE]

5/31/2010 - Attempted Felony Assault Suspect RB# 16240-Y [SIZE=2]On Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 1:47 a.m. officers were called to investigate shots fired at 1222 South 24th Street. The clerk told officers that a suspect approached the business and discharged a firearm through the front window. No one was struck by gunfire. The suspect was believed to have been in the store a couple of hours earlier. He had arrived in a white late 1990’s Ford van with a red stripe on the side. The suspect was with another male and caused a disturbance inside the store over a broken gas pump. Security cameras caught a picture of the suspect detectives need to identify.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Suspect:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Hispanic male, 5’8”, average build, short black hair, moustache, gray shirt with black sleeves and white shorts with stripes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
/9/2010 - Bar Robbery [SIZE=2]The Omaha Police Department is asking for the assistance from the public in the identification of a suspect who was involved in two Robberies. On Monday, February 15th at 12:15am Omaha Police responded to 4689 Leavenworth Street (Neighbers Bar) to investigate a Robbery that had occurred. An employee reported that a Black male entered the bar and demanded money at gunpoint. Suspect fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money. Suspect is described as being 20-30 years old, 6’2’’ to 6’3’’, wearing a black and dark blue ski jacket, black stocking cap, nylon pants and an unknown dark colored scarf covering the mouth area. A week later on Sunday February 21st at 9:30pm Officers responded to 225 N. Saddle Creek Road (Walgreens) to investigate a Robbery in progress. Employees stated that a light skinned Black male entered the store with a gun demanding cash out of the register. Suspect then fled the store with an undisclosed amount just before police arrived. This suspect was also described as being 20-30 years old, wearing a black ski mask, plaid jacket, and black work pants. (Note: The white clothing in the picture is actually dark black or blue)[/SIZE]

Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Moby, if there is one thing that's certain, it's that Tones is usually wrong about all things Omaha.

Yes, South Omaha is substantially better than it was in the 90's. With the exception of Downtown, no other part of Omaha has seen the investment and attention that South Omaha has.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Default South Omaha: "Meet the Neighbors"

Yeah -- it's "better" alright.

Wanted As Of: 03/28/2010 [CENTER]Violation of Probation and Failure to Appear[/CENTER]
Name: Aaron P. Little Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Native American Age: 21 DOB: 09/05/1988 Height: 5ft 10in Weight: 190 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted As Of: April 18, 2010 [CENTER]Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver[/CENTER]
Name: Cesar D. Franco Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 27 DOB: 01/05/1983 Height: 5ft 9in Weight: 190 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted As Of: 01-10-10 [CENTER]Sexual Assault Terroristic Threats[/CENTER]
Name: Luis Santiago Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 33 DOB: 07/09/1976 Height: 5ft 7in Weight: 160 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted As Of: 10/26/09[CENTER]hit and run[/CENTER]
Name: Vicente Chavez-ElizaldeAlias:
Sex: MaleRace: HispanicAge: 30DOB: 12-13-78Height: 5ft 8inWeight: 160 lbsHair: BlackEyes: Brown-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM

LOL, the straw grasping never ends. I know I'd just be terrified to live in area where people were wanted for failure to appear, possession of a controlled substance and hit and run. I'd never leave the confines of my house!

Tones, does your mommy check for monsters under your bed at night?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM

710 posts, read 1,092,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenellharrell View Post
I am visiting Omaha, NE in 3 weeks with family. I wanted to take a tour, and see Warren Buffets Home. Where is it located in Nebraska and address, I cant believe he still lives in the same house. My uncle told me somewhere on S 55 ST or so. Hope someone can help

Ok, he is not a GOD. Why do people like to do this?

Try 33rd and Sprague. Bring the kids and ........roll em'up!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
LOL, the straw grasping never ends. I know I'd just be terrified to live in area where people were wanted for failure to appear, possession of a controlled substance and hit and run. I'd never leave the confines of my house!
I doubt it, the lure of Elmwood park public restrooms is far too great.

MORE "Neighbors" in South Omaha.

[CENTER]hit and run[/CENTER]
Name: Ramon E Chavez Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 29 DOB: 05-21-80 Height: 5ft 6in Weight: 165 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown============================================= ==========

[CENTER]Misdemeanor Motor Vehicle Homicide and Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident[/CENTER]
Name: Jose DeJesus Alvarez-Valle Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 22 DOB: 6-26-87 Height: 5ft 5in Weight: 150 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown

[CENTER]1st Degree Murder [/CENTER]
Name: Aaron Morales Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 18 DOB: 06-10-90 Height: 5ft 5in Weight: 185 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown----------------------------------------------------------------------

[CENTER]Violation of Probation[/CENTER]
Name: Osbaldo Gonzalez-Aguilar Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 27 DOB: 12-15-81 Height: 5ft 7in Weight: 150 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CENTER]Second Degree Murder Use of a Weapon to Commit a Felony Strangulation Terroristic Threats[/CENTER]
Name: Rafael Jiminez Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 36 DOB: 12-22-72 Height: 5ft 8in Weight: 155 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown----------------------------------------------------------------------

[CENTER]1st Degree Sexual Assault[/CENTER]
Name: Nestor Martinez-Ramirez Alias:
Sex: Male Race: Hispanic Age: 21 DOB: 06-09-87 Height: 5ft 6in Weight: 150 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha