Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Tax and spend, great plan.
Have you really been reduced to that rhetoric, even if the face of the biggest tax cuts in history.

Quote:
The inferior plan was what? Do nothing?
That and electing a guy who admitted he was clueless on the economy.

Quote:
Giving everyone 10,000 dollars and moving on with it would have been a better and cheaper economics plan than what is going on now.
Yeah and the only thing that would have got stimulated was people's savings accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 PM

14 posts, read 40,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Sweet merciful Jesus. These are horrible posts! Please stop giving advice on where to live in Omaha, because you are downright clueless.

Mercury, here is a great post explaining some of the Omaha neighborhoods. If you click the link and read the thread it's from, you can see how horribly uninformed HappyGoLucky is regarding the parts of Omaha.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/3108992-post13.html
What they said, only I would roll 30th st out to 42nd on the near north side - still, hardly compton and you're relatively safe on the main streets during the day - the only time I ever was jumped was near North High at night and it broke up quickly without major injury - of course, that WAS 20 years ago. Florence is beautiful but you do drive 30th down the 'hood to get there, generally. I live near 72nd and Center now, and everything for some distance around is great because of the university and the revitalization of Center St. in that area.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
Quote:
Have you really been reduced to that rhetoric, even if the face of the biggest tax cuts in history.
Tax cuts aren't even tax cuts. Just as tax and spend is cliche, the word tax cut is decieving. Every year taxes go up. Ever since I've paid taxes. Probably has more to do with me making a bit more every year.

Tax and spend is a cliche term, I'll admit that. But there is a flurry of government programs and intervention taking place right now, you can't deny that. This stuff isn't free, it comes from somewhere. You have to realize that when a politician says they are going to cut taxes, that just means that they are only going to raise them by 200 dollars instead of 500, or whatever numbers you want to use. They are cutting the rate of increase, not actually doing anything to help you pay less.

Quote:
That and electing a guy who admitted he was clueless on the economy.
Both of them are clueless in my opinion. Our economy is self correcting. You don't have to blow billions of dollars to force corrections. That only makes the swings more violent and only increases how long it will take to recover from the next big one.

Quote:
Yeah and the only thing that would have got stimulated was people's savings accounts.
If that were only true. Americans are bad savers. You hand them 10,000. They will blow it on every stupid thing you can imagine. Look at some (not all) of the Katrina people, they were given those debit cards. BIG SCREEN TV TIME BABY!. I got that stimulus check, I don't even remember where that went, but it's gone!. Even if everyone saved the money that's spending power. It's much better to have a stalled economy with potential spending power than to have a stalled one where everyone is broke.

WAIT A SECOND. . I just realized how far off topic this is. . .

Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,806 times
going out tonight in north omaha, first time here, what street corner do i need to avoid(where they sell crack and gangbang) I live in tulsa and no that one wrong turn in north tulsa and your in the sh*t. thxs

Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J tulsa View Post
going out tonight in north omaha, first time here, what street corner do i need to avoid(where they sell crack and gangbang) I live in tulsa and no that one wrong turn in north tulsa and your in the sh*t. thxs

Are you sure you are not looking for that one street corner?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Here is what to do it is very simple, get a map of Omaha, draw a line from the top north side down along 72nd street to the south and another line from left the west side to the right east along Dodge Street. Now you have the city divided into four sections. Don't buy any property in upper right section or the lower right sections "Bad areas". The upper left section is so so. The lower left section is where you want to look for good safe area of town. Good property values.

Now I am sure folks on here will dis my directions to you, but I always tell the truth on here and folks on here get their hackles up when talking about Omaha this way. Just listen to me and you'll do just fine.
You gotta stick to your guns when giving advice about Omaha.. 7/10/2009.. I said it before and I'll keep saying it.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
You gotta stick to your guns when giving advice about Omaha.. 7/10/2009.. I said it before and I'll keep saying it.

(and desperate, too)

Old 01-28-2014, 07:07 AM

152 posts, read 244,641 times
Quote:

(and desperate, too)
Looks like "somebody" is kind of desperate for attention. Pulling up a thread that hasn't been posted on for 2 years is pretty telling.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times
yes I am desperate and need attention.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM

152 posts, read 244,641 times
Quote:
yes I am desperate and need attention.
Seems like you go to a lot of time and effort to prove to everyone how much you don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha