Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,543,719 times

Advertisements

speaking of omaha area trails

Omaha Trails | The Most Comprehensive Source for Trail Information in the City of Omaha | Home

has a poll called

Which trail extension would you like to see completed next?

Keystone Extension to Glenn Cunningham
Big Papio to Bennington Lake
West Papio from Huntington Park to 180th and Ida
West Papio from 168th and W. Dodge to Elkhorn
West Papio from 144th Street Trail to 96th Street
Boulevard Trail from Happy Hollow to the Riverfront Trail
More East to West Trails

personally, I would like to see that east-west trail that was supposed to be built connecting the keystone to another trail built.

also the keystone going from fort street to cunningham lake has been talked about for at least a decade and I highly doubt it will happen.

when you walk or ride a bike north on the keystone trail,

you gotta on fort street

go up to 90th street and around a bit to get over towards northwest high area and head up towards the lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM

171 posts, read 549,459 times
There is a brand new trail on 16th street that runs from Coming to Capitol.

I would like to see the north end of that trail sun west on cuming to saddle creek. Then saddle creek north to the NW Radial Highway. Finally along the NW radial highway to meet up with the extended keystone trail that runs from fort to at least the NW Radial.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,554,679 times
I would like to see the Papio South & Walnut Creek trail connected to Werhspann. That would finish the east/west connection on the south side of the metro - could then go from West Omaha to Papillion to Bellevue and to the River...

Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM

187 posts, read 663,678 times
I would like to see the Happy Hollow to Riverfront trail, considering that part of Omaha has seen a lot of redevelopment already. It would be nice to have more people out and about; more of a community feel. I also like the east-west trail idea. It's a nice link for both "sides" of town.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,543,719 times
I agree omahajosh618

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,095 times
Hey guys, I don't know much about Nebraska but am looking into the Omaha area as a possible place to relocate to.

I know someone in Valley, NE.

Anyway, being an outdoor athlete, it's real cool to learn about these trails you have around Omaha.

Are some of these paved? Are they all smooth dirt trails? Are some sandy? How about hard and rocky?

How are these trails used? Are they kinda crowded or not? Are there horses on them? Dirt bikes? Crazed speeding mountain bikers? What's the basic scoop on these trails, guys. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,554,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
Hey guys, I don't know much about Nebraska but am looking into the Omaha area as a possible place to relocate to.

I know someone in Valley, NE.

Anyway, being an outdoor athlete, it's real cool to learn about these trails you have around Omaha.

Are some of these paved? Are they all smooth dirt trails? Are some sandy? How about hard and rocky?

How are these trails used? Are they kinda crowded or not? Are there horses on them? Dirt bikes? Crazed speeding mountain bikers? What's the basic scoop on these trails, guys. Thanks!
The entire Omaha metro area has a complete paved trail system... it also crosses into and connects with the trails system in Council Bluffs.

Check here for a nice overview:
Omaha Trails | The Most Comprehensive Source for Trail Information in the City of Omaha | Home

For the entire state of Nebraska take a look at this link:
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission - Parks - Trail Search (http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/parks/guides/trails/findtrails.asp - broken link)
and this link:
GPTN - Nebraska Trail Information (http://www.gptn.org/nebr_trailinfo.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha