U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:14 PM

84 posts, read 143,032 times
Default Omaha Sports Bars?

Coming from Wisconsin I am a huge Wisconsin sports fan. This includes the Green Bay Packers and I was wondering if there were any specific sports bars in Omaha that people frequented that were good or if any Packer fans on here knew of any great "Packer" sports bars in town. I heard Danny's on 72nd is a pretty big Packer bar. Anyone else know of any?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:29 AM

829 posts, read 744,932 times
Danny's is the only one that I'm aware of. I haven't been there in years and the place is pretty run down but the burgers and potato teasers are good.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,432,014 times
I see Indigo Joes off of Dodge near 72nd, haven't been in there in a while, but it seems popular enough...

Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 PM

4 posts, read 6,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I see Indigo Joes off of Dodge near 72nd, haven't been in there in a while, but it seems popular enough...
That's where we go. They have a lot of TVs, food isn't too bad, and the seats are comfortable. Last season it seemed like there were a lot of Bears fans, but we understand that not everyone is perfect.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:16 PM

305 posts, read 349,456 times
The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sential had an article a while back listing Packers bars around the country. Danny's Bar & Grill was the only one in Omaha listed.

Green Bay Packers Bars around the World - JSOnline

I'm a pretty big Packers fan and might have to go there for a game or two.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM

171 posts, read 346,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
Coming from Wisconsin I am a huge Wisconsin sports fan. This includes the Green Bay Packers and I was wondering if there were any specific sports bars in Omaha that people frequented that were good or if any Packer fans on here knew of any great "Packer" sports bars in town. I heard Danny's on 72nd is a pretty big Packer bar. Anyone else know of any?

Thanks!
Govener's on 85th and F is/was a big Packer Bar.
Philly Sports Bar in LaVista has a few die-hards that watch the game there every week.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 PM

84 posts, read 143,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sential had an article a while back listing Packers bars around the country. Danny's Bar & Grill was the only one in Omaha listed.

Green Bay Packers Bars around the World - JSOnline

I'm a pretty big Packers fan and might have to go there for a game or two.

not to sound weird but it would be cool to meet a few packer fans here so if you ever head down to Danny's drop a line...as I'm sure I'll be down there for almost every game not on national TV...thank god we start out with the Sunday Night game

I'm guessing Neb gets mainly KC or Min games correct?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,668 times
Default Packer Bar

Hi folks

Tim Lewis, former night manager at Danny's Bar, major Packer fan, and Packer stock holder (he even saved Ray Nitschke's son from drowning at a family gathering) has bought a Packer bar in Omaha, NE it's T's Tavern , soon to be Keysone Tavern at 402-571-9592 at 7821 Military Ave, Omaha, NE 68134.

Tim was at Super Bowl II and went to the post game celerbration with the Nitschke family as a guest. Tim also catered BBQ to Donald Driver,Gillbert Brown and Nate Wayne over the years.

Tim and his Brother drove 45 miles and hour in a blizzard to get to a game and drop his BBq at Nate Waynes Home the day before the game for his family and friends.

Direct tv will be in by 09-19-2011 (they are way behind and running late). T's does not have a kitchen yet.. but we will soon be doing food for the games.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,985,708 times
speaking of sports bars in omaha:

is the one that replaced the keno place at peony park any good?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,161 times
Dannys is still Omahas Packers Bar. Serving some of Omahas best bar food.We will be showing all the games and giving a a $1 off any of our great food items.We will also be starting all you can eat tacos & nachos for Sunday Nite Football for only $4.49 from 7pm to 10pm.Lets throw in $3.00 16oz Tall Boys Bud lite & Miller Lite See ya there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha