Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Remember no personal attacks... Read the forum rules. I actually meant to post my comment on the other thread not this one. Sorry, if I offended the OP. Hopefully if they have to move they will find a safe area... good luck to you!!!
Actually, it wouldn't matter.

To write, "Omaha is boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is just dumb. It makes no sense, adds nothing to any discussion, and is totally without thought or merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
I have noticed over the years that people who complain of "being bored" are usually devoid of imagination. They depend on some other person to keep them entertained. They lack the imagination and curiosity to even notice all the fantastic things going on around them. They might live next door to a fantastic library, park or natural wonder and not even know it is there because they expect it to come to them. Open up your eyes and mind and start noticing what is around you.

GL2

Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I have noticed over the years that people who complain of "being bored" are usually devoid of imagination. They depend on some other person to keep them entertained. They lack the imagination and curiosity to even notice all the fantastic things going on around them. They might live next door to a fantastic library, park or natural wonder and not even know it is there because they expect it to come to them. Open up your eyes and mind and start noticing what is around you.

GL2
Exactly!

Have these people never heard of a book? Or a walk?

I literally do not remember EVER being bored. In fact, I basically have no way of getting around to all the things I need to do, am interested in, or places I would like to explore.

Last edited by Omaha Rocks; 10-06-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-06-2009, 11:00 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
It won't be boring at the Husker/Sooner game on November 7th. Come on you guys.. be honest, since they removed Peony Park and Merritts Beach what on earth is there to do for kids? Really? I have relatives and friends in Omaha that are bored silly. I am just trying to be honest with a question that was asked. I am sorry it offended you. If the OP wants to live in a huge house and have more home for the money than Omaha is the place to be, but in all honesty you have got to mention the other aspects of the area.

My husband almost took a job in Omaha and we decided against it. There are too many other affordable cities that have more to offer. Sorry to offend you but it is the truth. And this is a public forum so I have just as much right to respond to a question as you do. I will not move along... Snap back at you!!!
Wait, so you don't even live here but you're trying to tell other people how boring it is?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:58 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times
You guys, I thought I was responding to another thread on this forum and I tried to delete some of my posts last night and it didn't work. I am sorry that I made this comment here when the person who posted was talking about North Omaha..

Although I do think Omaha is boring and relevant to certain discussions it doesn't belong on this thread regarding this topic. Please forgive me for posting it by mistake here.

There is nothing wrong with thinking that something is boring. I am a very creative person and find that Omaha has little to offer the younger set of people like my kids. I guess I am just spoiled from living on the West Coast. Maybe when you aren't aware of what you don't have it makes it less of a challenge to find something to do.

Anyway, I am really glad that you guys all like Omaha and would never want to take that away from anyone...

Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM

109 posts, read 257,047 times
Quote:
You guys, I thought I was responding to another thread on this forum and I tried to delete some of my posts last night and it didn't work. I am sorry that I made this comment here when the person who posted was talking about North Omaha..

Although I do think Omaha is boring and relevant to certain discussions it doesn't belong on this thread regarding this topic. Please forgive me for posting it by mistake here.

There is nothing wrong with thinking that something is boring. I am a very creative person and find that Omaha has little to offer the younger set of people like my kids. I guess I am just spoiled from living on the West Coast. Maybe when you aren't aware of what you don't have it makes it less of a challenge to find something to do.

Anyway, I am really glad that you guys all like Omaha and would never want to take that away from anyone...
Are you assuming that those of us who choose to live in Omaha, have never lived or been to other places in this Country. I have traveled and lived in many different places; and I like Omaha. I am also an educated person who likes the arts and music scene and am still satisfied with Omaha, but according to you since I don't live in the West Coast I must be an uneducated rube. But there must be sooooo much more I haven't seen that you have. Raelyn you should really think about what you are implying in your comments; you keep on digging the hole deeper.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM

I was born and raised in Omaha and lived there for 22-years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Wait, so you don't even live here but you're trying to tell other people how boring it is?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM

GminSWO this is for you. I was trying to be nice in the last post but you insisted on pursuing the issue and being critical with my honesty so here it goes... If you knew me at all you would laugh at the comment you just made. I am probably one of the most visual people that you would ever meet. I notice EVERYTHING. I am the one to notice things that others overlook. Personally after living in all three states on the west coast (California, Oregon and Washington) for over two decades Omaha isn't much to look at. No mountains, oceans, pine trees....basically a dead stick in the winter. Again, no offense but it is the truth. There are certain things to do but compared to other cities it is probably at the bottom of the list as far as great places to live.

For instance, who would ever plan a vacation and go to Omaha? In all honesty I am not being mean but who does that? Come on... I realize you want to make the best of your city but there are people coming to this forum that have NEVER been to Omaha. Do you really want to paint a rosey picture that does not exist?

Yes, like I said, they can get a gigantic house probably double the size of a home for the same price on the west coast but there is a reason for that... You have got to include the entire story in your answers to their questions. I wouldn't want someone mad at me for not clueing them in on the truth..

And another thing...do you know what a "rendering plant" is? Google it.. I think the name of one of those lovely facilities is Darling International. I think Omaha and the surrounding areas have five of those plants, plus transferring stations... Well perhaps it doesn't bother you but personally I would want to know about those locations before I picked a neighborhood to live in.

And please do not judge or underestimate what kind of a person I am. It is very rude and disrespectful to do so.

Have a nice day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post

GL2

Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
GminSWO this is for you. I was trying to be nice in the last post but you insisted on pursuing the issue and being critical with my honesty so here it goes... If you knew me at all you would laugh at the comment you just made. I am probably one of the most visual people that you would ever meet. I notice EVERYTHING. I am the one to notice things that others overlook. Personally after living in all three states on the west coast (California, Oregon and Washington) for over two decades Omaha isn't much to look at. No mountains, oceans, pine trees....basically a dead stick in the winter. Again, no offense but it is the truth. There are certain things to do but compared to other cities it is probably at the bottom of the list as far as great places to live.

For instance, who would ever plan a vacation and go to Omaha? In all honesty I am not being mean but who does that? Come on... I realize you want to make the best of your city but there are people coming to this forum that have NEVER been to Omaha. Do you really want to paint a rosey picture that does not exist?

Yes, like I said, they can get a gigantic house probably double the size of a home for the same price on the west coast but there is a reason for that... You have got to include the entire story in your answers to their questions. I wouldn't want someone mad at me for not clueing them in on the truth..

And another thing...do you know what a "rendering plant" is? Google it.. I think the name of one of those lovely facilities is Darling International. I think Omaha and the surrounding areas have five of those plants, plus transferring stations... Well perhaps it doesn't bother you but personally I would want to know about those locations before I picked a neighborhood to live in.

And please do not judge or underestimate what kind of a person I am. It is very rude and disrespectful to do so.

Have a nice day....
You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper and deeper...

Do YOU know what a rendering plant is? I don't think so. If you did, you'd know there there are absolutely no rendering plants in "neighborhoods."

So anyway, have a nice life out there where life is exciting and worth living!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5&ie=UTF8&z=15

I believe there are neighborhoods not too far from this area if I am not mistaken.

I remember the stench right off of the highway on my way downtown and also around 30th street which is basically pretty close to neighborhoods. (see link) I lived in South Omaha for awhile and we could smell it.

I am honestly not trying to be mean... my brother and some of my relatives live in Omaha. I often visit and spend time there and Omaha is alright. There are cities that are worse. The only thing I am concerned about is you are not telling people everything about the area. It costs a lot of money to move and you just need to keep that in mind when you are directing people to certain areas...

Let me ask you a question, have you ever moved out of state or have you always lived in Omaha? Just curious

And another thing... Not everywhere I have lived outside of Omaha has been enjoyable. You can make anyplace a nice place to live. But if someone has the choice and different options you need to steer that person in the best direction for their individual likes and dislikes. Not everyone will like Omaha. Some will and some won't. Find out more information about the person before you give advice... Just a suggestion...

And I am sorry if I have offended you. I certainly did not mean to do so. I apologized for posting on the wrong thread and you kept going on and on. You are digging a hole not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper and deeper...

Do YOU know what a rendering plant is? I don't think so. If you did, you'd know there there are absolutely no rendering plants in "neighborhoods."

So anyway, have a nice life out there where life is exciting and worth living!

Last edited by Raelyn28; 10-07-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha