U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 02:39 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,652,438 times

Advertisements

Are you guys even going to turn on the game tonight?? 7:00 PM CST...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 PM

366 posts, read 233,389 times
As a Sooner fan I have always respected the Huskers. You people in Nebraska have some of the most knowledgeable (and decent) fans in college football. If there's a team that my Sooners "had" to lose to it would definitely be Nebraska. I was very fortunate in my younger years (when both teams were usually ranked 1 & 2) to attend two games at Lincoln. I have never met better fans in my life. My family was treated very well by the kind (but passionate, and deservedly so) Husker fans and I treasure those memories.

I don't think the game tonight is decided by any means. The Huskers could definitely upset Oklahoma on the Husker's home field.

May the best team win friends, and hopefully someday soon this will become the great rivalry it once was, and very soon. I for one miss it, and miss Nebraska being a dominant force in college football. Something's just not right without the mighty Huskers in the hunt for a national title. It WILL happen again, it's just a matter of time. And hopefully soon.

But I digress. The game tonight is by no means a given for OU. To be honest, I'd LOVE to see the Husker fans be as noisy as fans can be. I'm serious. I want to see a good, hard fought game between these two teams. The OU/Nebraska tradition means a LOT to me.

PS. If the Huskers beat the Sooners, I'll be on here paying homage to the great Husker fans and the team. But for now, GO SOONERS!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser9878 View Post
How many things are more important than ball games? Life, children, jobs, vacations, health, homes, relatives, history, the future, food, clothing, cars and just plain the truth. People who "PLAY" in these "GAMES" make millions. Should we waste our money and time watching them "PLAY". I have tried to watch football and baseball and basketball, but I just don't get it. I mean the stuff puts me to sleep. I mean I really tried. I watched 15 minutes of a football game the other day and I guess maybe my life has to be boring, but it's not boring enough. I just don't get out of what someone sees in driving 200 miles. Pays $100 for tickets. $60 for a Jersey and all that money for beer and hot dogs. I think they could cut all the prices in half and pay the players less money and save the people billions.
Stormchaser, you have a fantastic perspective, and you gave it your best shot (at enjoying sports on tv). Nobody could ask for anything more.

Thumbs up to you my friend..

Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM

Wow!! Great game. All I can say is... The OU quarterback needs some more practice or..... Never mind, shutting up now. I am actually happy for the Husker fans, they looked really happy.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,108,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Wow!! Great game. All I can say is... The OU quarterback needs some more practice or..... Never mind, shutting up now. I am actually happy for the Husker fans, they looked really happy.
I just happened to see the last minute of the game - and wondered if you were warming up some butter, and had the salt & pepper ready for your first serving of crow.

Actually, as a transplant to Omaha, I'm not a huge Huskers fan. But I kind of like to see them win.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:19 AM

Congratulations to the Huskers! Too bad I wasn't able to see the game (not shown in my region).

But, maybe this is the game where things start turning around for the Huskers.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:33 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,168,923 times
What a defensive game this was. Oklahoma is a good team, no doubt. Some tough breaks last night for both teams.

Congrats to both programs.

Still not sold on Zach Lee as a leader of the offensive let alone the quarterback.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhills Guru View Post
What a defensive game this was. Oklahoma is a good team, no doubt. Some tough breaks last night for both teams.

Congrats to both programs.

Still not sold on Zach Lee as a leader of the offensive let alone the quarterback.
I wish I could've seen the game and I might be able to comment on Lee's performance. The one thing he didn't do is throw 5 interceptions!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:20 PM

no he didn't have to throw any because the OU quarterback threw almost five to the Nebraska players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I wish I could've seen the game and I might be able to comment on Lee's performance. The one thing he didn't do is throw 5 interceptions!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:47 PM

I was actually surprized at the outcome and didn't realize how OU depended on their quarterback. With him injured OU has really taken a turn around. I really don't mind eating crow and between the two teams I honestly didn't care who won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I just happened to see the last minute of the game - and wondered if you were warming up some butter, and had the salt & pepper ready for your first serving of crow.

Actually, as a transplant to Omaha, I'm not a huge Huskers fan. But I kind of like to see them win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha