Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Vistas View Post
Perhaps Omaha is a step up for people coming from Worthington, Minnesota, but not for people who are worldly and cosmopolitan.
I'm sure you're very worldly and cosmopolitan while working your jobs in grocery stores and shopping malls.

Quote:
I lived in Richmond for ten years (graduated from VCU -did you go to college?) and lived in Arlington for three years. I did graduate work for a semester in Norfolk, Virginia.
From graduate work down to shopping malls and grocery stores?

Quote:
I'm not wondering from job to job. I decided to work a second job during the holiday season, like many do where I work. Besides, it will get me away from my housemate and his neighbor who only talk about and watch college football on TV.
Funny that I've seen you make multiple comments about these "second jobs" yet nothing about your career.

Quote:
I'm not very impressed with the people commenting on this thread. Your comments are not intelligent, well written, or even well though out. Doesn't surprise me from what I've experienced the past several months.
If your oosts are the measure of intelligent, well written or well thought out, I'll consider that a compliment.

Quote:
As for user status, I think I've done pretty well for one month.

And, I've received many nice personal comments about "intelligent writing."
Prove it.

Quote:
Later, Omaha. I can't waste my time and brain on farmers.
Are there alot of farms in Omaha? Hahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I've come to the firm conclusion, having read a bunch of your posts, that you're just not a very smart person.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
As for user status, I think I've done pretty well for one month.

And, I've received many nice personal comments about "intelligent writing."

Later, Omaha. I can't waste my time and brain on farmers.
Oh the stereotypes, the beauty they are. Just because someone is a farmer doesn't mean they are less intelligent then others are, and you seem to have a extreme superiority complex my friend. And we're not worldly? Really? Well, as I high school student, I'm bi-lingual (English, Norwegian) soon to be quad-lingual (Spanish, German), and just to be your little worldly I'll post this in the other languages.

Å det stereotypier, skjønnheten de er. Bare fordi noen er en bonde betyr ikke at de er mindre intelligente enn andre er, og du synes å ha en ekstrem overlegenhet kompleks min venn. Og vi er ikke verdslig? Really? Vel, som jeg høy skole student, jeg er tospråklig (engelsk, norsk) snart Quad-lingual (spansk, tysk), og bare for å være din lille verdslige Jeg vil legge dette på andre språk.

Oh, die Stereotypen, die Schönheit sie sind. Nur weil jemand ein Landwirt, bedeutet nicht, dass sie weniger intelligent sind als andere, und Sie zu einer extremen Überlegenheit mein Freund zu haben scheinen. Und wir sind nicht weltlichen? Wirklich? Nun, wie ich Gymnasiast, ich bin zweisprachig (Englisch, Norwegisch) bald werden Quad-Sprachen (Spanisch, Deutsch), und nur deine kleine weltlichen ich nach werden dies bei den anderen Sprachen werden.

Oh, los estereotipos, la belleza que son. Sólo porque alguien es un agricultor no significa que sean menos inteligentes que otros están a continuación, y que parecen tener una complejo de superioridad extrema mi amigo. Y no estamos del mundo? ¿En serio? Bueno, como estudiante de secundaria, soy bilingüe (Inglés, Noruego) que pronto será de cuatro idiomas (español, alemán), y sólo para estar a su pequeño mundo Voy a publicar esto en los otros idiomas.

The next will be polish which isn't as good.

O stereotypów, piękno są. Wystarczy, że ktoś jest rolnikiem nie oznacza, że są mniej inteligentne to inni, i ci wydają się ekstremalne kompleksu wyższości moim przyjacielem. A my nie jesteśmy światową? Naprawdę? Cóż, jak uczeń szkoły średniej, jestem dwujęzyczne (angielski, norweski) wkrótce czterordzeniowe językach (hiszpański, niemiecki), a tuż za swój mały światowych wyślę to w innych językach.

Look at my non-worldliness.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
Vagabond,

So where did you do get your Ph.D. in physics? Or your law degree? Oh wait...you did graduate work for a semester...wow a whole semester! Well I have both. Would you like to argue about intelligence??

You're a pompous jerk and you have no clue as to the actual workings of Omaha. You're basically suggesting that the entire state of Nebraska lacks intelligence. Well, you're phenomenally childish if you think that. You'll find that Nebraskans consistently outperform those who think they're "cosmopolitan and worldly" - whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

You're pathetic and a small minded little twit. I have traveled the world, have given talks all over the US and world, I have spoken at Cambridge University, I have met several Nobel Prize winners, and I could work in about any city in the world. I choose to live in Omaha because I love it here. Its not about football for god's sake. If you don't understand why people love Omaha that's fine. However, don't assume we're unintelligent because we choose to live here and we pass on other cities. And do NOT assume that simply because we don't mind wearing a sweatshirt and blue jeans that we don't ponder things like quantum entanglement, the Constitution, or genetics (in fact I would say the average "farmer" could teach you quite a bit about that topic). Is Warren Buffett an idiot for living here? Is he not "worldly" enough for you?

You're just unbelievably ignorant and a borderline narcissist. We have no inferiority complex. However, we do have pride. You can't expect to tell any group of people that they're boring and unintelligent and expect anything other than the response you received. I would suggest looking in the mirror if you want an example of an inferiority complex. You really need to grow up.

Last edited by mattpoulsen; 11-30-2009 at 05:13 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
And the correct term is superiority complex Mr. Vagabond, you know what a vagabond is correct?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM

103 posts, read 233,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So let me get this straight...

You've lived in Minnesota for 13 years, Richmond VA for 10 years, Omaha for however long, claim to be a college graduate and have done graduate work - but you're still picking up seasonal employment and living with "housemates" who watch college football.

Tell me, what color is the sky in the world where you live?
Wilmington, Delaware: 1963 - 1981

Richmond VA:1981 to 1986; 1989 to 1993

Arlington VA: 1986-1989

Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University. B.A. Psych; Minor: History - May 1993 (Did you graduate from college? Where? When? Major? Minor?)

Minnesota: September 1994 - December 2007. Do you want the addresses of my former landlords? Do you want the phone number of Pete who I've known since I lived in his house when I arrived in 1994?

Omaha - September 2009 - nearly three months too long.

My housemate, where I rented a room, is an 84 year old man. Sorry, I'm not the home grown Midwesterner you are who marries young, has kids young, and live happily ever after with your friend from grade school.

Seasonal employment: at least I'm industrious and not sitting around drinking all day, living on EBT.

Your posts and your fellow Omahans with their posts are clearly indicative of your lack of intelligence, lack of worldliness, and narrow mindedness when it comes to looking beyond the boundaries of your little heartland areas. You are from a small town in Southern Minnesota and Omaha is the big city to you. I will give you the latitude due to your small town, small world existence background, and most likely your lack of of advanced education to see things as they are around you.

When you visit other states outside of your beloved Midwest borders and actually sit down in your home with people from other countries - far away countries, not Canada - then perhaps you will have intelligent comments to make. Until then

Have a nice day and holiday.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Oh the stereotypes, the beauty they are. Just because someone is a farmer doesn't mean they are less intelligent then others are, and you seem to have a extreme superiority complex my friend. And we're not worldly? Really? Well, as I high school student, I'm bi-lingual (English, Norwegian) soon to be quad-lingual (Spanish, German), and just to be your little worldly I'll post this in the other languages.

Å det stereotypier, skjønnheten de er. Bare fordi noen er en bonde betyr ikke at de er mindre intelligente enn andre er, og du synes å ha en ekstrem overlegenhet kompleks min venn. Og vi er ikke verdslig? Really? Vel, som jeg høy skole student, jeg er tospråklig (engelsk, norsk) snart Quad-lingual (spansk, tysk), og bare for å være din lille verdslige Jeg vil legge dette på andre språk.

Oh, die Stereotypen, die Schönheit sie sind. Nur weil jemand ein Landwirt, bedeutet nicht, dass sie weniger intelligent sind als andere, und Sie zu einer extremen Überlegenheit mein Freund zu haben scheinen. Und wir sind nicht weltlichen? Wirklich? Nun, wie ich Gymnasiast, ich bin zweisprachig (Englisch, Norwegisch) bald werden Quad-Sprachen (Spanisch, Deutsch), und nur deine kleine weltlichen ich nach werden dies bei den anderen Sprachen werden.

Oh, los estereotipos, la belleza que son. Sólo porque alguien es un agricultor no significa que sean menos inteligentes que otros están a continuación, y que parecen tener una complejo de superioridad extrema mi amigo. Y no estamos del mundo? ¿En serio? Bueno, como estudiante de secundaria, soy bilingüe (Inglés, Noruego) que pronto será de cuatro idiomas (español, alemán), y sólo para estar a su pequeño mundo Voy a publicar esto en los otros idiomas.

The next will be polish which isn't as good.

O stereotypów, piękno są. Wystarczy, że ktoś jest rolnikiem nie oznacza, że są mniej inteligentne to inni, i ci wydają się ekstremalne kompleksu wyższości moim przyjacielem. A my nie jesteśmy światową? Naprawdę? Cóż, jak uczeń szkoły średniej, jestem dwujęzyczne (angielski, norweski) wkrótce czterordzeniowe językach (hiszpański, niemiecki), a tuż za swój mały światowych wyślę to w innych językach.

Look at my non-worldliness.
Got to love those Midwest Norwegians. Which is why I hated Minnesota so much. Too much of one kind of person leads to a lot of in breeding in a few select states of the country. Remember what they say about Norwegians and Swedes - when they intermarry, they have really mixed up the races.

I'm not very impressed with people like you - never was in Minnesota, and it is no different here.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Vagabond,

So where did you do get your Ph.D. in physics? Or your law degree? Oh wait...you did graduate work for a semester...wow a whole semester! Well I have both. Would you like to argue about intelligence??

You're a pompous jerk and you have no clue as to the actual workings of Omaha. You're basically suggesting that the entire state of Nebraska lacks intelligence. Well, you're phenomenally childish if you think that. You'll find that Nebraskans consistently outperform those who think they're "cosmopolitan and worldly" - whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

You're pathetic and a small minded little twit. I have traveled the world, have given talks all over the US and world, I have spoken at Cambridge University, I have met several Nobel Prize winners, and I could work in about any city in the world. I choose to live in Omaha because I love it here. Its not about football for god's sake. If you don't understand why people love Omaha that's fine. However, don't assume we're unintelligent because we choose to live here and we pass on other cities. And do NOT assume that simply because we don't mind wearing a sweatshirt and blue jeans that we don't ponder things like quantum entanglement, the Constitution, or genetics (in fact I would say the average "farmer" could teach you quite a bit about that topic). Is Warren Buffett an idiot for living here? Is he not "worldly" enough for you?

You're just unbelievably ignorant and a borderline narcissist. We have no inferiority complex. However, we do have pride. You can't expect to tell any group of people that they're boring and unintelligent and expect anything other than the response you received. I would suggest looking in the mirror if you want an example of an inferiority complex. You really need to grow up.
You have your Husker Pride because you really have nothing else. A good reason why people only do what they do here - work, play football, talk about those things, and not much else. And, it was a native Nebraskan who told me those things are always talked about here - "that's all we have and there is nothing to do."

Don't worry. I'm leaving your precious state in a few weeks, if not days. Even being in Kansas will be better than here. Going further south is always better than being in the Upper Midwest with its white bread culture.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
And the correct term is superiority complex Mr. Vagabond, you know what a vagabond is correct?
Miss Vagabond. I'm a female. Why how narrow minded and sexist to assume I was a male. I guess one from this area had to assume I was a male since I don't talk about marriage or kids - those good ole Midwest family oriented traits.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Wilmington, Delaware: 1963 - 1981

Richmond VA:1981 to 1986; 1989 to 1993

Arlington VA: 1986-1989

Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University. B.A. Psych; Minor: History - May 1993 (Did you graduate from college? Where? When? Major? Minor?)

Minnesota: September 1994 - December 2007. Do you want the addresses of my former landlords? Do you want the phone number of Pete who I've known since I lived in his house when I arrived in 1994?

Omaha - September 2009 - nearly three months too long.

My housemate, where I rented a room, is an 84 year old man. Sorry, I'm not the home grown Midwesterner you are who marries young, has kids young, and live happily ever after with your friend from grade school.

Seasonal employment: at least I'm industrious and not sitting around drinking all day, living on EBT.

Your posts and your fellow Omahans with their posts are clearly indicative of your lack of intelligence, lack of worldliness, and narrow mindedness when it comes to looking beyond the boundaries of your little heartland areas. You are from a small town in Southern Minnesota and Omaha is the big city to you. I will give you the latitude due to your small town, small world existence background, and most likely your lack of of advanced education to see things as they are around you.

When you visit other states outside of your beloved Midwest borders and actually sit down in your home with people from other countries - far away countries, not Canada - then perhaps you will have intelligent comments to make. Until then

Have a nice day and holiday.
Please...PLEASE continue posting. I haven't laughed this hard in ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha