U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,461,703 times

Advertisements

didnt the 99 go out to boys town or near 144th and dodge or something cause I think there was a mat bus route in that area before the 92 came along last year

I could see why the 33 route is gone. the 35 and 3 routes are about the same thing as the 33 is.

i.e. the 33 was a mix of the 3 and 35 routes somewhat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
the 6 used to run the exact same route that the 10 does now

the 28 started at midtown and went on dodge to 52nd, took 52nd up to blondo and blondo out west to 96th and down to Westroads

and the 33 rode the route the 3 does now except it went straight at 45th and bedford, then it turned right at pratt, went to 42nd and took 42nd to ames and ended.

did the 6 ever run on weekends

cause MAT wont let the 1 or 48 or 10 or 16 even run on saturdays let alone on sundays.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 AM

624 posts, read 1,101,765 times
the 99 used to get off the interstate at center and took 114th to pacific and pacific to the trendwood neighborhood and i think it had a park and ride at the old target at 132 and center.
yeah, i noticed that after the 33 left, they did move the 35 over to 42nd and bedford instead of going straight on 40th to pratt.
and the route to 144 and dodge was the old 92. i found a system map that had that route on it, but i never knew it existed until i saw it and when i did see the 92 on the old system map, it wasnt for long.
the same thing happened to me for the portion of the 48 that ran between midtown and South omaha. it was there for like a week on the system map, and gone the next. Weird.
as for the 1, 10, and 16, i really can see why they dont run on the weekends.

ridership is at its peak on the weekdays and it goes down for the weekends. you can ride the 2 on a sunday and there will only be about 5 people on the bus at one time. so i think if the 2 cant keep a very high ridership on the weekends, why would the 1, 10 and 16 routes.

i rode the 1 the other day at 5:45 going east and i was the only person on it from start to finish.
i've riden the 16 before, from start to finish and there were only 3 people who rode it, including myself.
and as for the 10, i've heard stories of it being as ill used at the 1.

i mean, i would love to see these routes getting better ridership and providing more service on weekends, but they would have to prove that they are good enough to run on the weekdays before they even have a chance at doing any well on the weekends.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM

say, busguy, do you think if MAT advertised at least it's express buses it will help attract more customers

I know the 92 is successful but I dont know if any of the other express ones do real well.

my idea for a resurrected 19 route:

starts at MTTC in south omaha. goes down q street to 36th street and goes down all the way toward hwy 370 and turns around at 42nd and twin creek drive

it would run a couple times in the morning and couple times in the afternoon (i.e like 1 or 48)

monday-friday as a trial run

(sort would be a bellevue version of route 1)

if MAT and the city of bellevue maybe advertised the new route 19 (if my idea became a reality) it might become a success somewhat.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
the 99 used to get off the interstate at center and took 114th to pacific and pacific to the trendwood neighborhood and i think it had a park and ride at the old target at 132 and center.
yeah, i noticed that after the 33 left, they did move the 35 over to 42nd and bedford instead of going straight on 40th to pratt.
and the route to 144 and dodge was the old 92. i found a system map that had that route on it, but i never knew it existed until i saw it and when i did see the 92 on the old system map, it wasnt for long.
the same thing happened to me for the portion of the 48 that ran between midtown and South omaha. it was there for like a week on the system map, and gone the next. Weird.
as for the 1, 10, and 16, i really can see why they dont run on the weekends.

ridership is at its peak on the weekdays and it goes down for the weekends. you can ride the 2 on a sunday and there will only be about 5 people on the bus at one time. so i think if the 2 cant keep a very high ridership on the weekends, why would the 1, 10 and 16 routes.

i rode the 1 the other day at 5:45 going east and i was the only person on it from start to finish.
i've riden the 16 before, from start to finish and there were only 3 people who rode it, including myself.
and as for the 10, i've heard stories of it being as ill used at the 1.

i mean, i would love to see these routes getting better ridership and providing more service on weekends, but they would have to prove that they are good enough to run on the weekdays before they even have a chance at doing any well on the weekends.

the 10 I can vouch is hardly used. been on it a few times.

the 16 I think it under-used cause many dont know it exists.

it is the eppley airfield and footbridge route and goes down Abbott Drive.

i have been on it once and a few folks were on it also, but not as many as the 2 or 4 or 15 or 55 has.

never been on the 1 so I will take your word.

the 1 I think is also under-used cause many dont know it exists.

if MAT advertised the 1 or 16 routes they might be more successful.

same with 48

Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 PM

i do think they could get more riders if they advertised more, but in recent years, they've made an effort to advertise more by posting up system maps in the bus shelters.
the new blue bus stops are also more eye catching.
The express buses generally have been doing well, from what i've seen on the buses and the amount of people i see getting in the buses.
its the fixed buses that are having trouble.
possibly because the frequencies of these buses are inconvenient and also, they don't serve places like supermarkets and malls/strip malls at their front doors.
i really think mat needs to develop the system within the loop that interstate 680, the river and interstate 80 create. This is the corridor where the buses are used the most. people within this area want/need to get to other places in this area and for the most part, people out of the area will stay out of the area if they can.
you 19 idea is cool. i'd like to see service to the twin creek area.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:19 PM

I too would love to see bus service to twin creek area.

I posted my idea on my FB page cause I think it may get people thinking about the idea for a new route 19

busguy:

you said they don't serve places like supermarkets and malls/strip malls at their front doors.

that is not entirely true.

the 5/14 routes to walmart on blair high road and 99th both serve and turn around in the walmart parking lot area.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 11-28-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM

That would be close, but not front door. By front door, i mean right at the front door. i suppose i mean like the 15 and the 41/42. They use the roads that go right up to the doors of their respective malls. it would be nice if they did that for supermarkets and places like that.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:36 PM

speaking of bus system

anyone heard about routes 10 and 1 being sacked after Jan. 1 2010

cause some people told me they getting rid of both routes

Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM

I dont know... that would really suck
i just emailed Linda Barritt about route 1 today. I hope she doesnt tell me theyre going to get rid of it.
cause i love route 1 and i would hate to see it go
where did you hear this anyways?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or