U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-29-2009, 08:01 AM

5 posts, read 4,977 times
Red face Russian student need help!

Hi guys! My name is Georgiy and I'm living in en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Tyumen. I'm graduating in the architectural university and it turned out so that I need your help. The matter is that my current task is to analyze one of the architectural styles and I have chosen Art Deco. In the Internet I somehow found the building of former Union Station where the Durham Museum is now situated and decided to use it as it's quite stylish IMO. Unfortunately, except a dozen of photos and almost useless articles at Wikipedia and the official site of the museum I hasn't found anything. So, I decided to ask the residents of the city to do me a favor: I need photos of that building, modern and vintage, detailed and mostly exterior. Moreover, I need the floor plans, photos of the surrounding, architectural articles about the station and so on. The term is one week. Please, do the best you can, you're my last chance!
PS sorry for my english, it's not perfect at all
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Status: "Never really know a killer from a savior..." (set 26 days ago)

10,565 posts, read 8,827,263 times
Try asking over on EOmahaforums.com

Old 11-29-2009, 03:14 PM

2,648 posts, read 3,504,585 times
63or63,
I'm sorry I can't get to Omaha and take the pictures you need. However you might want to search the archives of a couple Nebraska magazines. NEBRASKA LIFE and NebraskaLand magazines have a lot of pictures of Nebraska 's historical structures. You might try contacting the Editors of those publications by E-Mail and explaining your situation to them. They might be able to have a staff member go through their archives and scan pictures and send to you via E-Mail. It is asking a lot of them to do it but hey in the interest of International relations, who knows?

Good Luck,
GL2

Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM

165 posts, read 204,055 times
Not sure if this will be much help, but I did take a couple of exterior photos of the building last time I was in Omaha.

Russian student need help!-p1050852.jpg

Russian student need help!-p1050855.jpg

Old 11-30-2009, 12:46 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,243,569 times
durhammuseum.org has a floor plan page.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Bosco55David,
That forum is rather rarely attended. I'll probably make a try but am sure that the first reply should be expected only after couple of weeks...
Gunluvver2,
Huh, that's too complicated. I'm not such an important person to remind them about International relations, I believe. But thanx for giving a piece of advice.
geog-fanatic
Thanx a lot, the second one is really just what I need, it's difficult (more likely impossible, i think) to find such a detailed photo in the Internet. More like this will be perfect.
smithy77,
I have it but afraid it's too inexact and generalized (what a word ) for me. Not much better than Google map.
Thank you all one more time, I was afraid of not getting replies at all. But I still need help...

Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63OR63 View Post
Bosco55David,
That forum is rather rarely attended. I'll probably make a try but am sure that the first reply should be expected only after couple of weeks...
EOmahaForums is fairly active, but on top of that you have alot of people there who are photographers and others who are very passionate about Omaha's history. At the very least, someone would be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Bosco55David,
WOW, how a quick answer!
Alright, I have registred there just now and tried to create a new topic... and got an error:
Quote:
Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: ps_wysiwyg.tpl
Where then should I better post to get a proper answer?
I mean in which thread?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63OR63 View Post
Bosco55David,
WOW, how a quick answer!
Alright, I have registred there just now and tried to create a new topic... and got an error:

Where then should I better post to get a proper answer?
I mean in which thread?
That's weird. I'm registered on E.O and browsing it right now without any trouble.

Try clearing your cookies and then registering again. If worst comes to worst, I'll post your question over there for you and relay any answers.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM

Bosco55David,
I succeeded in starting a new thread, but only when logged off. Also, I tried to do it in both Opera (my current browser) and IE, clearing cookies and so on was luckless. Strangely enough... Here it is: thread
PS I now should go to bed, it's already 3:20 am in Tyumen and i'm quite tired. I'll most likely answer new posts after 14-18 hours, so don't think I've given up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: