U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM

4 posts, read 7,339 times

Advertisements

So Monday night, I was driving on the slick streets of Omaha to get my kids after work. I stopped at a 4 way stop and waited my turn. When I went into the interescion, another vechile entered as well from my left. Not wanting to get hit I swerved to my right and plowed my front end into a snow bank getting suck....no the other driver most of have saw this and continued on his/her way without even considering to stop (No break lights).
Now mad two groups of people came to my rescue with no reservations, the first tried to push me out, minivan and very slick conditions did not make this succuesfull. The next pulled me out with his truck. I know these people are not on here, but I wanted to thank them and say how much it helped me. You ever have one of those days when the whole world is crummy and your looking for the good in the world....well God answered my call, I told Him I didn't appriecated the damage but He also has His since of humor....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 02:17 PM

3,730 posts, read 8,185,330 times
Glad you had a happy ending. You could even send something to the Letters to the Editor of your local paper, I regret not doing it when I lost my cell phone in the parking lot of a major store, thankfully the person who found it called my dh and returned it to the store - I realized what happened soon after (although I was at another small mall by then) and backtracked and got it back soon after but it c/h very easily gone the other way. It was a definite sinking feeling and if it hadnt been such a hectic wk, I w/h followed thru and written to the local paper.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:05 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,139,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millercthomas View Post
So Monday night, I was driving on the slick streets of Omaha to get my kids after work. I stopped at a 4 way stop and waited my turn. When I went into the interescion, another vechile entered as well from my left. Not wanting to get hit I swerved to my right and plowed my front end into a snow bank getting suck....no the other driver most of have saw this and continued on his/her way without even considering to stop (No break lights).
Now mad two groups of people came to my rescue with no reservations, the first tried to push me out, minivan and very slick conditions did not make this succuesfull. The next pulled me out with his truck. I know these people are not on here, but I wanted to thank them and say how much it helped me. You ever have one of those days when the whole world is crummy and your looking for the good in the world....well God answered my call, I told Him I didn't appriecated the damage but He also has His since of humor....

Oh you are so welcome! Direct Message me and I will tell you where to send the thank-you reward to.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:54 PM

6,486 posts, read 3,183,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millercthomas View Post
If you wanted to write a letter to the Editor of the newspaper, The World Herald has a "Public Pulse" you can forward your comments to. I've seen stories like that printed before.

Go to Omaha.com to look for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: