U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 35,390 times

Advertisements

Seriously - I hate going to Omaha.

There are no good places to party or eat.

The town is flat and wide and every section of it is just a replication of another section.

The old market is worthless. There are no gas stations, or old navy's, or Radio Shacks, or ANYTHING that productive people need to live.

ALSO - the HUSKERS are from LINCOLN. I'm tired of every Omaha person acting like they have some kind of ownership of the team. Lincoln owns the team.

Someone out there has to agree with me.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:31 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,688,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln-Continental View Post

The town is flat and wide and every section of it is just a replication of another section.

The old market is worthless. There are no gas stations, or old navy's, or Radio Shacks, or ANYTHING that productive people need to live.

ALSO - the HUSKERS are from LINCOLN. I'm tired of every Omaha person acting like they have some kind of ownership of the team. Lincoln owns the team.

1. Pfft, compared to Lincoln? We have the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country.

2.Yeah, we are one of the hilliest cities in the country. And every city has suburbs, but we also have many urban neighborhoods, beautiful neighborhoods. and Again, compared to Lincoln?

3. Yeah, foolish. How is it worthless? And the old market is an URBAN market built for WALKING. And we don't need chains either.

4. Huskers..... you realize its called the University of NEBRASKA Lincoln. The whole state owns that team, not one city. But on top of that..... who really cares??? Its football, not life.

Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Troll.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM

[quote=Go Ne;12232421]1. Pfft, compared to Lincoln? We have the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country.

It's a tie between Dallas and San Fran for the most places to eat per capita.

I bet you think Omaha has the most comfortable Taco Bell booths too.

And as far as terrain is concerned, we live in Nebraska. Nothing you can do or say can change that. Name one place you can ski.

Omaha is also shaped like an L - and you know what that stands for right?

LINCOLN

Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 PM

30 posts, read 87,729 times
Productive people need gas stations, Old Navy's, and Radio Shacks to live? Who knew!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmunoz View Post
Productive people need gas stations, Old Navy's, and Radio Shacks to live? Who knew!

Lots of people know this stuff.

I'm also going to cue you in on a little tid bit... Street numbers go all the way up to 190th in Omaha.

Let's get real.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,688,269 times
Actually thats how the state system is for streets, they keep going and going and going, there is a 500 st. somewhere.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:52 PM

3,284 posts, read 2,851,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln-Continental View Post

The University "Owns" the team.

And you shop at Old Navy? Muahahahahahahah!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:08 PM

13,889 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Guys, don't feed the troll!

Last edited by McBain II; 12-30-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,232 times
Ya, this guy is a clown. I lived in Lincoln for about a decade and have now lived in Omaha for about 3 years. I like both cities. But to call Omaha "flat" is absolutely absurd when compared to Lincoln.

Omaha is known for being a "hilly" city.

As far as not having places to eat or old navy's or whatever, are you kidding me?? Ya, there might not be any Old Navy's in the Old Market, but those options don't exist in the Hay Market either.

As far as Omaha having ownership in the University of NEBRASKA football team goes, well, grow up! Its a public university and the only major land grant school in the state. Everyone in the state has ownership in the team you clown! I grew up a husker fan and I live 4 hours away in central Nebraska. Go ahead and tell all of Nebraska that only "Lincoln has ownership" of the team. You seriously have no clue if you actually think that.

The conversation is ridiculous.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 PM

13,889 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Yeah, I mean when he claimed that Omaha didn't have any gas stations or Radio Shacks, you basically knew he was a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or